• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Rise of JC!!

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I agree. I'm actually like that personally and it took years for me to try and let things go better. Trae's mentality of using perceived slights to make him play better is one thing but he really does not let anything go. You can see this when he's in any interview where someone asks him a question he doesn't like. Just look at his face and listen to his reaction. It speaks for itself. 

now take that and imagine how it is when there's no cameras or media types around. 

Worked for Micahel Jordan. That guy doesn’t let anything go ever. Not saying I agree but some people are who they are. It is all about how they use those slights to improve themselves or use it to their benefit. I just bought a pair of Trae Young shoes and on the inside of the shoe box lid, it has an inscription “Always remember when they doubted you”. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Worked for Micahel Jordan. That guy doesn’t let anything go ever. Not saying I agree but some people are who they are. It is all about how they use those slights to improve themselves or use it to their benefit. I just bought a pair of Trae Young shoes and on the inside of the shoe box lid, it has an inscription “Always remember when they doubted you”. 

It's not the same attitude. Jordan didn't have thin skin and get passive aggressive when teammates challenged him. I have nothing against NY-Trae taking what the opposite team does and finding motivation in that but being defensive all the time is not a sign of confidence, it's the opposite. 

• Like 1

I’m not making excuses for Trae but he reacts like I would expect. A young superstar.

Someone already said it but I’ll say it again …this team need a ton of more vets on the bench. Little Trae out here bullying other young players who don’t really know how to respond to him.

Collins is a stand up dude but that doesn’t mean he knows how to handle someone like Trae. Younger maturity and older maturity is different in my opinion. Collins isn’t someone who can get to Trae more than likely.

We miss dedmon, solo like crazy. I hope we get a few rough neck vets on this team .

oh and don’t rule out the coaching staff. The coaching staff has to play a part too in checking a player when need be. LP staff was good in this area.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trae and JC are not friends or even friendly with each other. The team wants to get under the LT for next season and one of three players has to go. Trae loves Capela so unless we can get KAT or Embiid coming back to Atlanta Capela is here to stay. That leaves JC and Bogi. Trae likes Bogi. He does not like JC. 

Trae wanted DJM, he got DJM. Team needs LT relief and first rounders to replace what we lost to get DJM. JC is also tired of being in trade rumors for three years straight. If you read his interview recently in the Athletic he's perfectly fine with being traded which is player speak for "I want to be traded". I don't blame him. The one guy in his corner in the FO was Travis and he's basically gone.

Trae gets what Trae wants!

Thats either going to turn out great or extremely bad. Lol

When you said this same comment over the summer around the time we learned about DJM coming  it just made me realize that it doesn’t really matter what anyone else seems to think right now. It’s all about Traes happiness so the moves to make the team better are both predictable and unpredictable.

im still pissed off about the fact that we could have had Ayton but trae loves capela so he stops that. I will never let that go. I feel like giving Trae some power is ok but if he’s going to dictate every move I’m not expecting anything good from it.

Then there were reports Trae really wanted Ben Simmons so I was wondering with the JC rumors to Brooklyn is Trae behind this and trying to get his friend Ben Simmons now too?…can you imagine Trae getting his way and we have Simmons and capela???…the issues we have now would worsen lol

I can’t wait to hear who’s Traes number 1 head coach choice after this season! Lol….I’m not even pulling for Nash …hell I don’t want him but if it’s all about making Trae happy I’m just going to give my fan prediction and say Nash is his number 1 guy.

I’m interested to know if Murray is still close to Trae after seeing who he is behind the scenes! Like is Murray really onboard with all this power he’s seeing Trae has???…does Murray have any power???

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's not the same attitude. Jordan didn't have thin skin and get passive aggressive when teammates challenged him. I have nothing against NY-Trae taking what the opposite team does and finding motivation in that but being defensive all the time is not a sign of confidence, it's the opposite. 

Are we pretending like Jordan had discussions all the time with Horace Grant where Grant was criticizing Jordan for taking too many fadeaway shots or sometime?  Jordan definitely had thin skin and would get aggressive when challenged by anyone - not passive aggressive. 

“People were afraid of him,” Jud Buechler [who was punched by Jordan] said in a present-day interview. “We were his teammates, and we were afraid of him. It was just fear. The fear factor of MJ was so, so thick.”

That is how you end up with him punching multiple teammates (in addition to Buechler, Kerr and Perdue have been widely reported):  

Now-Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr has repeatedly discussed the time Jordan punched him in the face at practice — he said the fight reminded him of a violent scene from Jurassic Park — and The Last Dance has touched on other altercations involving Jordan.

Following the latest episodes airing Sunday night, Jordan’s former teammate, Will Perdue, spoke to CBS Sports and confirmed that not only did Jordan punch him once, but the superstar had a penchant for ultra-aggressive behavior like that

Read the interview with Grant where he talks about how Jordan could punch people but the team would hold back the other player from punching Jordan back because the team couldn't stand to lose him.  Like in the Perdue scrap, it is described as Jordan getting pissed that Perdue was hitting him on screens which was the whole point of the exercise and demanded by the coaches.  Jordan lost it and punched Perdue and the team held Perdue back from going back at Jordan.

When Perdue went to defend himself, Grant said players were more concerned about protecting Jordan’s well-being. 

“We grabbed Will — you’re not going to hurt M.J.,” Grant said.

I can't imagine what fans would say if Trae punched JC and other teammates when he was frustrated with them, and those teammates were physically restrained from being able to come back at him.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Jordan definitely had thin skin and would get aggressive when challenged by anyone

Except Bill Cartwright in 87, Cartwright straight up told him you try to clown me again like that I’ll put your a$$ in a wheel chair. Jordan shut up real quick and didn’t talk back. 

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kerr

Ahhhhhh to be a fly on the wall. 💗 I can almost hear the slap 👋 now…

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Except Bill Cartwright in 87, Cartwright straight up told him you try to clown me again like that I’ll put your a$$ in a wheel chair. Jordan shut up real quick and didn’t talk back. 

It was actually a very smart move that the Bulls made in trading for Cartwright.   They gave up a Young Oakley for Cartwright.   Oakley had become Jordan's muscle... and Jordan was running things.  Cartwright came in with a vet presence and was able to tell Jordan to pipe the hell down. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It was actually a very smart move that the Bulls made in trading for Cartwright.   They gave up a Young Oakley for Cartwright.   Oakley had become Jordan's muscle... and Jordan was running things.  Cartwright came in with a vet presence and was able to tell Jordan to pipe the hell down. 

Oh no doubt. Although I could have also seen Oakley check Mike at some point. Oakley used to bully the crap outta Pippen in his rookie year, running around the locker room slappin 👋 ole Scottie…

Something prolly many people wanna do today. :sarcastic:

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

don't like the idea of sending a 1st with JC.  that seems dumb unless Lauri is in the deal.   

Ya, replace the 1st round pick with a 2nd and I’m in.

I’ve always loved both Vandy and Malik. Beas is ATL.

Add these two dudes.. get DM, Trae, CC, OO and AJ going with Bogi. 

That’s a dangerous team.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

what do they do well that would make them an ideal fit?

Straight bucket getter. Inside outside and isn’t afraid of the moment. He’s one of the rare “dogs” left in the game right now to me. He plays bigger than his size.

He could have a Crawford, Lou Will, Ronald “Flip” and just straight ..

GET US HOOPS.. when Trae is off or out of the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Straight bucket getter. Inside outside and isn’t afraid of the moment. He’s one of the rare “dogs” left in the game right now to me. He plays bigger than his size.

He could have a Crawford, Lou Will, Ronald “Flip” and just straight ..

GET US HOOPS.. when Trae is off or out of the game.

Beasley would be taking AJ's minutes.

Vanderbuilt with CC and OO??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, replace the 1st round pick with a 2nd and I’m in.

I’ve always loved both Vandy and Malik. Beas is ATL.

Add these two dudes.. get DM, Trae, CC, OO and AJ going with Bogi. 

That’s a dangerous team.

I have to completely disagree with you my dude. Beasley is NOT better than any the wings in our current rotation (< AJ, Bogi, Hunter, DJM). Another low efficiency guy who plays no defense, we have enough of those. And Vandy is another lane clogger. This trade addresses NONE of our problems and on top of it we are shipping a draft pick, would be a massive, massive dud of a move. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That would be stupid.

Pishaw, burd.  Our GM has a long track record and extensive, extensive experience on the job.  Plus he's got the backing of management who's equally equipped.  Equipped enough to ascend, unfettered, to his lofty position completely and totally on his own merit. 

We should have no qualms ... I mean zero qualms with our braintrust sparring with another seasoned, well-respected GM.  One who's known for only dealing when he's absolutely fleecing the other team.

I'm not worried at all...... 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Not true. MJ is incredibly thin skinned. He fought teammates in practice, refused to pass to teammates, he would takes slights from unknown rookies, and hold it over their heads for years. Including Lebron. The man did a whole documentary on the last dance and crapped all over Jerry and the man is dead and gone never once acknowledging he would have nothing without Jerry and hasn’t been able to what Jerry did given 20 years. It is who he is. Trae is rarely publicly defensive. The only time I can really remember is the interview about not showing up to that game. He was defensive because the reporter kept probing. Trae has thick skin but a long memory. He will forgive but won’t forget. 

• Like 1