• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

For a look at what other teams see when they view Deandre Hunter, see this article.

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/06/08/nba-trade-rumors-new-york-knicks-atlanta-hawks-deandre-hunter-jalen-brunson-julius-randle-rj-barrett-mitchell-robinson-bold-scenario/2/

Trade proposal per the NY writer.

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
G/F Evan Fournier,
2026 First-Round Pick (NYK),
2028 First-Round Pick (NYK),
2029 First-Round Pick (Swap – NYK) 

New York Knicks Receive:
F De’Andre Hunter

He has real value.

Post all star break he had the worst +\- on the team at -3.7.  Saddiq Bey had the best at +4.  

I guess we’re saying he guards the other team’s best player and is most at risk to be negative?  Put Hunter in the game when you want a plus defender who gives up a lot of baskets.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Even at 300 lbs, Zion would still be a dominant force on the court. 

Problem is he can't stay ON THE COURT! And his biggest hurdle has been not putting in the work in rehab to get back and stay on the court.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry I’m not familiar. Also not familiar with Fournier and I shant not google either. :er:

AJ>JJ :batman:I

But how will you learn things for yourself if you don't Google, squd? 

I'm sure they're fine..... 

Edited by kg01

11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

While you’re joking, I truly think his teammate Bilal Coulibaly is being seriously overrated. He screams Frank Ntilikina to me. Measurables and defensive upside with no real offensive skill that will translate to the league. He is almost in the top ten in mocks now off of people watching his teammates highlights 

THANK YOU

People trying to tear me up for hoping someone takes him ahead of us to leave the real prospects for us. 

SOMEBODY GOTTA GO BEFORE OUR PICK! Let it be this fake dude that's getting hype for being Wemby's teammate. 

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

For a look at what other teams see when they view Deandre Hunter, see this article.

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/06/08/nba-trade-rumors-new-york-knicks-atlanta-hawks-deandre-hunter-jalen-brunson-julius-randle-rj-barrett-mitchell-robinson-bold-scenario/2/

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
G/F Evan Fournier,

New York Knicks Receive:
F De’Andre Hunter

He has real value.

I'd do it without blinking. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Problem is he can't stay ON THE COURT! And his biggest hurdle has been not putting in the work in rehab to get back and stay on the court.

I kind of blame that on the Pelicans.

He had his weight blow up when he had the foot injury.  Did his foot injury prevent him from doing cardio on a bicycle, or doing non-leg bearing weight training?  Or having a nutritionist assigned to him to fix him meals?

Yes, the player has to put in work and take his body serious. But we're also talking about a 20/21 year old kid that obviously doesn't know how to take care of his body.  And now we know he may have had some major distractions slowing his recovery ( even though she said she motivated him to lose weight ).

I just think the Pelicans handled that dude all wrong.  They were way too cautious with him during his rookie year, trying to keep him from getting hurt.  Then he still gets hurt, with other guys on that roster with similar injury issues.  I'm not absolving blame from Zion, but I think the Pelicans had about 25% - 30% to do with his injury situation.  That team has way too many random and nagging injuries to its players.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Again, who are you? 

Be nice

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah, bro.  Per what I been seein' on tha twitter, dude with the club is Moriah....

Replace AJ with JJ, add Bogi, and you got a deal. 😎

JJ > AJ or OO, though I’m high on all three. 

I would not be upset if we sold Bogi while he is uninjured and his value is high. 

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
G/F Evan Fournier,

New York Knicks Receive:
F De’Andre Hunter

Run, don’t walk, to make that trade. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Per sources: Hawks are getting some pretty interesting offers for DJM. I asked to define interesting and was told it was serious enough offers that the FO is taking them seriously. 

I was told again that Trae is the only non touchable per Ressler. 

Trae shouldn’t be untouchable imo!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I kind of blame that on the Pelicans.

He had his weight blow up when he had the foot injury.  Did his foot injury prevent him from doing cardio on a bicycle, or doing non-leg bearing weight training?  Or having a nutritionist assigned to him to fix him meals?

Yes, the player has to put in work and take his body serious. But we're also talking about a 20/21 year old kid that obviously doesn't know how to take care of his body.  And now we know he may have had some major distractions slowing his recovery ( even though she said she motivated him to lose weight ).

I just think the Pelicans handled that dude all wrong.  They were way too cautious with him during his rookie year, trying to keep him from getting hurt.  Then he still gets hurt, with other guys on that roster with similar injury issues.  I'm not absolving blame from Zion, but I think the Pelicans had about 25% - 30% to do with his injury situation.  That team has way too many random and nagging injuries to its players.

Aye 'cyde, we'll just agree to disagree on this issue.  But I wanted to say, if I ever get jammed up by the law, I want you pleading my case.

"Officers, sure the murder weapon was in kg's hands and he verbally threatened the victim on multiple occasions, had means, motive, and opportunity to commit the crime.  But if dolph hadn't been talkin' all that sh*t, kg wouldn't have chainsawed the man."

🤓

(Hehe, no one'll catch on.  Well @Spud2nique might.)

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Per sources: Hawks are getting some pretty interesting offers for DJM. I asked to define interesting and was told it was serious enough offers that the FO is taking them seriously. 

I can’t see a trade that nets us any player of value for DJM just due to his contract unless we plan to sign and trade him. All inclinations are that he would want more than the 25mil he qualifies for in an extension. So it makes business sense for him to play out this deal and hit the market.

At 18 mil on the books next season, we aren’t bringing back any max level players without giving away more assets alongside DJM. This doesn’t seem like the case based on the wording chosen: Hawks are getting offers for DJ, and not Hawks are looking to move DJ. 

Sounds like teams are calling us with similar deals that we got him for. A slew of draft picks alongside a player that we may or may not want to keep.

Thats my guess. Teams are offering draft assets to the Hawks for whichever of their favorite player.

So, DJ’s fit aside, we need to have a plan in place to turn these newly acquired draft assets in to tangible role players who you can win with and not just jump at another chance to get under the cap again and not give Trae any help on this roster.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hate to see it but I understand.

Getting more lengthy players around Trae who can defend and shoot is understandable. However giving up Murray has to equal a star return in some sort.

murray isn’t a avg player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I can’t see a trade that nets us any player of value for DJM just due to his contract unless we plan to sign and trade him. All inclinations are that he would want more than the 25mil he qualifies for in an extension. So it makes business sense for him to play out this deal and hit the market.

At 18 mil on the books next season, we aren’t bringing back any max level players without giving away more assets alongside DJM. This doesn’t seem like the case based on the wording chosen: Hawks are getting offers for DJ, and not Hawks are looking to move DJ. 

Sounds like teams are calling us with similar deals that we got him for. A slew of draft picks alongside a player that we may or may not want to keep.

Thats my guess. Teams are offering draft assets to the Hawks for whichever of their favorite player.

So, DJ’s fit aside, we need to have a plan in place to turn these newly acquired draft assets in to tangible role players who you can win with and not just jump at another chance to get under the cap again and not give Trae any help on this roster.

This may be true but I wouldn’t be shocked if PHX is calling offering Ayton for Murray in a trade package or if the TWOLVES are calling offering KAT for Murray in a trade package.

hell it wouldn’t shock me if the Celtics are saying hey take Brown if you give us any combination of Murray + Collins or Murray + Capela.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This is a good sign... I really like DJ but the reality is, he's not good enough a fit on this roster for us to keep him on the max he wants. Let's get something for him while we can.

And for those of you who want to pay him the max and then trade him.... remember what we got in return for Joe Johnson to come off that contract. 

• Like 1