• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I'm going to cut Forrest some slack since he's been cooling on the bench for months.  He is generally positive out there but lack of shooting is an issue.   But as you guys mentioned if AHoli isn't going to shoot then what's the difference?  

I curious about Vit.  Maybe he just can't defend but i've seen highlights of his offensive skillset and it looks good.

But for that matter Jalen brings good passing too so need to see  him there.

Eh, same old problem though.  We have wing issues. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

What was the board consensus on Jerami Grant?  I like John, I’ve always liked Grant a bit more.  More wiggle, able to shoot threes at volume, and can capably split between the 3 and the 4.  Defense has certainly dropped off some from his Nugget days.

My feel on Grant is that he toasted our defense, particularly JC.   He did hit the open 3 and one very well contested 3.  Like a big, he has spots.   I don't think he can post up as well as JC.   I don't think we use JC to his strengths.  In fact, I think Grant would be a better fit for Nate's offense than JC has been.   But I don't think Grant is the better player. 

I agree that he can split time between the 3 and the 4 but in today's NBA, he registers as a 4.   I think that's the thing we have to come to an understanding about.   JC is a PF.. in today's NBA.   We no longer have the Sam Perkins, Tim Duncans, Karl Malones, Kenneth Farreids... the Vin Bakers, the KGs....  the Big PFs.   Now we have guys who are of the mold (actually smaller) than Antwain McDyess.   No Chris Webber or Rasheeds...  Now JC is considered a Big and can play 5. 

So while he has the game of a 3, I think Grant will be a 4 most if not all his career because of the size difference. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I curious about Vit.  Maybe he just can't defend but i've seen highlights of his offensive skillset and it looks good.

There is an old Bruce Lee quote that is fitting here...

"Boards don't hit back."

I like all the video I have seen of Vit.   He has a great looking shot.   He handles the ball very well and would be a good SG.  But when he has gotten into the game... Geez.

I would be up for him getting some run and maybe we will get past the yips that he seems to have. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Yeah, that first Forrest turnover hurt my feelings.   I was really pulling for the guy.. and he had a great drive later.   However, he had some fear.   I almost would have rathered we play AHoli most of the game.  His role has to be more defined.   He's great with an open shot... however, he will only shoot with an open shot.   If we budballed that thing with him on the court, he could be an assassin.   However,  running the offense.. I don't know yet.   I think he can he just doesn't instruct.  At least Forrest will try to move guys. 

I have resigned my mind that we are just stuck with Bogi.   I hate IsoBogi.  I like that dude's confidence but I hate his Blindness to everything else going on. 

Bogd may be our best iso player tho .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That one play I was excited where Hunter brought the ball up and ran the pick and roll and got fouled and went to the line.

I thought we should run this more often but he barely hung onto the ball. Hunter needs to work on his ball handling. Dribble better and learn to get a solid grasp on the ball. It’s always slippin off his hands.

@TheNorthCydeRises Brandon Clarke huh? :sarcastic:

With Adam's out 3 - 5 weeks, I can't afford to get killed in the rebounding category. Brandon should start to receive heavy minutes.

My fantasy team is just like the Hawks. I can blame injuries, but we're still a mediocre team even when healthy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

So now.. JHoli is equivalent to Trae?

Slow Laugh GIFs | Tenor

NO hes not..Thats not what I said.. smh..

Just saying you'd make excuses no matter who's out, becauses that's what you do.

KIng of excuses..

Edited by terrell

6 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

BOMBS!  Last night, the Hawks made 13 threes.  Our opponent made 19.

13 X 3 = 39.  19 X 3 = 57.  

Quiet a difference, isn't it.  Griffin made 3 of 4.  Yet we can't trust a rookie when the game is on the line, can we?  I did notice that three of our five starters were -0- from deep.  Two of the three tried, but missed,  Capela didn't shoot any from downtown.

:cry:

I don't understand how did leadership trade most of the shooters for "better defenders", and now we can't shoot consistently.

And we still can't defend consistently, lol.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

we're still a mediocre team even when healthy

It's pointing that way. Yes.

But my evidence for that is almost entirely based in the losses to Charlotte and Chicago... not as much that loss to Milwaukee (ahead of Clint's return, when I thought we actually performed really well)... the loss to the Clips (sometimes it's just the other team's night, and they're hitting everything), and last night (missing Trae). The six wins we've had of late are, self-evidently, cause for encouragement.

The door is still cracked for them to walk through and make a statement to the contrary ahead of the deadline, but it's go time where this Hawks fan is concerned. Need to stack wins on the road now, or yeah, I'm on-board with significant changes, me. And I do mean now.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's pointing that way. Yes.

But my evidence for that is almost entirely based in the losses to Charlotte and Chicago... not as much that loss to Milwaukee (ahead of Clint's return, when I thought we actually performed really well)... the loss to the Clips (sometimes it's just the other team's night, and they're hitting everything), and last night (missing Trae). The six wins we've had of late are, self-evidently, cause for encouragement.

The door is still cracked for them to walk through and make a statement to the contrary ahead of the deadline, but it's go time where this Hawks fan is concerned. Need to stack wins on the road now, or yeah, I'm on-board with significant changes, me. And I do mean now.

sounds like we've finally reached the "its gotta be right now" pledge.

Just mention that Atlanta might be intrested and watch what happens.

I wanted us to check on the third string center of the Hornets.  I'm told, they drafted him as their future starting center!

Someone else mentioned we might re-acquire Moose as a third center and suddenly, he's their starter!

A Suns player with a signed contract to play, refuses to live up to his contract that he signed.  Hawks might - - and the price goes up!

If Atlanta dares mention their interest, that player suddenly takes on new life and his value soars.

On the other hand, if we want to get rid of a player, we must add draft picks to get someone to take him.  

:stirthepot:

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With Adam's out 3 - 5 weeks, I can't afford to get killed in the rebounding category. Brandon should start to receive heavy minutes.

My fantasy team is just like the Hawks. I can blame injuries, but we're still a mediocre team even when healthy.

"We're still a mediocre team even when healthy"

download.jpg.84c1f9d2909ee92510c0eaac86f5be13.jpg

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

NO hes not..Thats not what I said.. smh..

Just saying you'd make excuses no matter who's out, becauses that's what you do.

KIng of excuses..

Dude, if you think Trae being out is deserving of the same respect as JHoli being out.. that explains your problem right there. 

But why not... I mean, you're still mad that we took Trae over Luka.  Hello Agendaman, it's 2023 ... Get over it and move on. 

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

This guy gets to the line better than most players I have seen. 

Ya if I were to wanna team up a couple all stars I’d go with the last couple that killed us in the Claw and Dame time. They would make a crazy duo. 

49 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dude, if you think Trae being out is deserving of the same respect as JHoli being out.. that explains your problem right there. 

But why not... I mean, you're still mad that we took Trae over Luka.  Hello Agendaman, it's 2023 ... Get over it and move on. 

images.jpg.35f60fc3167016063cb9a15bc0498c64.jpg

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Youre the one bringing up Luka.. 

You mustve watched his 4th 50 burger last night.. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

If Trae could make people forget it would be easy.😄