• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I didn't see Trae argue with the refs one time. 

I didn't see the logo three (but there was one that was from near the logo). 

The streak that Murray went on was great but this time, there was no  on court "jealousy" while Murray was going off. 

OO committed less dumb fouls. 

Still concerned about Hunter.  Hunter didn't have a bad game.  Hunter had a meh game.   He does that from time to time.   Bey on the other hand should be a model for Hunter... or at least this game.   I saw Bey take the 3 pter but he did something Hunter Never does.  He followed his shot and he got the rebound off of a Lazy Cavs team.  I'm sure that Hunter is more talented.  But Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

I want to see what JC looks like if we keep going uptempo. 

If we keep playing Prunty Ball, I think that we will look good at both Gaurd spots and both the 4 and the 5.   I didn't see a lot run for the 3 but I'm Ok with that. 

Allen was able to get his points whenever he wanted to.  However, that block by OO was Nice.   I think it surprised the hell out of him. 

Right now, JJ is suited for play off the bench. He brings energy off the bench.   I think Him, OO, and AJ with Bogi can be a wrecking crew. 

I agree for the first 4.

I didn't think Bey was any good on D today at all, in fact I felt JJ was our best defensive 4 if you see OO as a 5 as he's was deployed in this game. That said, Bey was the ideal 4th option. He played a role we been dying for either Hunter or JC to play all year. Its not just his shot making, he was taking shots and threating the D like Kevin did for us. Thats a critical add for us. Hunter had an excellent defensive game even if he was just meh on offense. It opened up the floor for Trae and Bey wasn't awful on D like Kevin usually is for us. 

I just want to see JC more comfortable 

How long is Prunty going to remain the coach, Snyder is coming soon as Koonin said. 

Allen had a lot of issues with OO. A lot. He scored some but it wasn't in rhythm like he's done to us in the past. 

JJ was excellent today. One of his best games of the season. 

From Cleveland players on last night's game:

They played different than they had the whole season. We didn’t react. This is where you start turning it on for the playoffs and it’s something we have to figure out sooner than later. It was one of the worst performances of the season. - Ricky Rubio

Just understanding a team who is fresh and newly motivated and being prepared to match that...We didn’t put up much resistance, especially in that first half. The game turned into a bunch of one-on-one battles that we lost. Not enough physicality, grit and determination. - JBB

I feel like we weren’t playing with the intensity that we should have. I feel like this was on us tonight. - Jarrett Allen

Another disappointing loss where the consensus seems to be that the young Cavs weren't prepared to be as intense and physical as the experienced opponent. How long are they going to talk about being a young team that has a lot to learn?

"They played different...we didn't react."

• Like 2

• Premium Member

From my understanding, they interview Snyder on Zoom since he was out of the country but he's coming back into the country and they will interview him again. 

I guess the Job is his to lose.  He's a good coach and he made good relationships with his players.  His playoff performance is what brings up the questions.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Man, Nate really simplify shit to an extreme degree. Some of this shit we was doing with LP and even the half season with Nate and just stopped for no reason 

I kept saying Nate's offensive philosophy was not maximizing the talent.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yup, he’s always moving and doing something positive whether it’s fighting down low or flying out to the perimeter, back screens, loose balls, whatever is necessary he will do it. I called him a SF Draymond type during the draft process.

Honesty, im surprised the Warriors didn’t try and keep him, he fits them well too. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup, he’s always moving and doing something positive whether it’s fighting down low or flying out to the perimeter, back screens, loose balls, whatever is necessary he will do it. I called him a SF Draymond type during the draft process.

Honesty, im surprised the Warriors didn’t try and keep him, he fits them well too. 

He was lost in a number of different possessions and had the most defensive miscues of the night. Murray and Trae had quite a few as well. Murray being overaggressive and Trae just not getting back on time and caught starring. 

That said, Bey had some good defensive possessions. He wasn't Kevin out there. 

Edited by NBASupes

I've seen enough 

There is four players no matter what, you don't trade

1. Hunter unless it's an upgrade

2. Griffin

3. Okongwu

4. Bey

All of these guys can help a championship squad even if none are building blocks.

Ideally build around Trae or Murray. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I agree for the first 4.

I didn't think Bey was any good on D today at all, in fact I felt JJ was our best defensive 4 if you see OO as a 5 as he's was deployed in this game. That said, Bey was the ideal 4th option. He played a role we been dying for either Hunter or JC to play all year. Its not just his shot making, he was taking shots and threating the D like Kevin did for us. Thats a critical add for us. Hunter had an excellent defensive game even if he was just meh on offense. It opened up the floor for Trae and Bey wasn't awful on D like Kevin usually is for us. 

I just want to see JC more comfortable 

How long is Prunty going to remain the coach, Snyder is coming soon as Koonin said. 

Allen had a lot of issues with OO. A lot. He scored some but it wasn't in rhythm like he's done to us in the past. 

JJ was excellent today. One of his best games of the season. 

From Cleveland players on last night's game:

They played different than they had the whole season. We didn’t react. This is where you start turning it on for the playoffs and it’s something we have to figure out sooner than later. It was one of the worst performances of the season. - Ricky Rubio

Just understanding a team who is fresh and newly motivated and being prepared to match that...We didn’t put up much resistance, especially in that first half. The game turned into a bunch of one-on-one battles that we lost. Not enough physicality, grit and determination. - JBB

I feel like we weren’t playing with the intensity that we should have. I feel like this was on us tonight. - Jarrett Allen

Another disappointing loss where the consensus seems to be that the young Cavs weren't prepared to be as intense and physical as the experienced opponent. How long are they going to talk about being a young team that has a lot to learn?

"They played different...we didn't react."

JJ had a great game. What I noticed is how much stronger he is than Collins. You can’t move him or back him down in the post. Also a really strong rebounder. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'd also add it wasn't the knocking down shots

Um. No. It's never not knocking down shots. C'mon.

While we all can love great strategy on both ends of the floor, none of us are blind. It comes down to making shots. And keeping the other team from making shots.

That's how we keep score in this game. It's not complicated.

The other stuff is about the how you can make it easier to score for your team, or harder to score for the other team. But the basics are undeniably that simple, and when you do  knock down shots, that's the essence of winning... and all our good dopamine rushes that result.

Ultimately, players win games. Coaches only put them in better or worse positions to do so.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

our pace was different

I'll clip that piece of the comment and agree... and... again... balance being a theme-o-mine... CLE wanted to play at that pace, too, from all I saw... so it's true but it sure helped that to be the case when the other team also is attempting that... and... all the better when, you're knocking down shots more than they are, contributing to your ability to get defensive rebounds and put pressure on their legs to hold up.

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

Um. No. It's never not knocking down shots. C'mon.

While we all can love great strategy on both ends of the floor, none of us are blind. It comes down to making shots. And keeping the other team from making shots.

That's how we keep score in this game. It's not complicated.

The other stuff is about the how you can make it easier to score for your team, or harder to score for the other team. But the basics are undeniably that simple, and when you do  knock down shots, that's the essence of winning... and all our good dopamine rushes that result.

Ultimately, players win games. Coaches only put them in better or worse positions to do so.

I missed the word "just" and you can't seem to give me a break can you...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, terrell said:

JJ had a great game. What I noticed is how much stronger he is than Collins. You can’t move him or back him down in the post. Also a really strong rebounder. 

He has the potential to be better than JC but he just hasn't figured out how to play winning Basketball yet and whats his winning skill set. Prunty got mad at him for getting the rebound and not going into transition where he's one of the best on the team. Little things like that coaching nugget will see him grow faster and faster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This play is just a small part why I think long term, Griffin can be the SG 3rd offensive option of the future. Why I like him a lot more than Kevin as well. 

His handle is so tight and if he can add good playmaking and improve his aggressiveness in scoring, he can be a solid number 2 option, but a lot of development needs to happen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has the potential to be better than JC but he just hasn't figured out how to play winning Basketball yet and whats his winning skill set. Prunty got mad at him for getting the rebound and not going into transition where he's one of the best on the team. Little things like that coaching nugget will see him grow faster and faster.

He has a lot of potential.  Somehow they need to let him run the offense a little more. He could potentially be a mini Draymond if we have the right coaching and system.  It'll free up both DJ and Trae.

• Like 4