• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Good morning to everyone who values sobriety. Welcome to your friendly, I-come-in-peace wet blanket post.

1. CLE was playing the 2nd of a back-to-back, away.

2. CLE is a very good team. Coming into the game, they were running a .612 for the season... slightly off the pace of the turrible team that ran a .621 for last season (you know who).

3. Amazing how good a team turns into when they knock down shots, ain't it?

That's all. 🙂

Carry on.

• Thanks 3

Seems that last year's G League coaches knew something.  They had lots of good words to say about Jalen Johnson.    Nice to know that last night he didn't get that -- DNP:CD.  Where has he been?  Why, he's been here all the time.  Nate just hadn't noticed him.

About last night.  It's just one game.  We've done this explosion before, believe it or not.  This win just brings the Hawks up to .500 ball for the season.  

With his former team cutting him loose to leave without anyone having to pay them anything, Quin Snyder seems ready and willing to become our next head coach.  We are all excited.  Thinking that our horses will be turned loose to run free and easy the way they were last night.  Or, should we say, the Hawks free to soar!  If last night is a good example of what is possible with this team, all I can say is, WOW!!

:smug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Good morning to everyone who values sobriety. Welcome to your friendly, I-come-in-peace wet blanket post.

1. CLE was playing the 2nd of a back-to-back, away.

2. CLE is a very good team. Coming into the game, they were running a .612 for the season... slightly off the pace of the turrible team that ran a .621 for last season (you know who).

3. Amazing how good a team turns into when they knock down shots, ain't it?

That's all. 🙂

Carry on.

You can celebrate this win because they've lost to teams coming off back to backs and they had multiple days rest. 

I'd also add it wasn't the knocking down shots, it was running different things and the ball movement.  You saw Prunty on the sideline actively encouraging them to move the ball which I liked.

This team can beat anyone and lose to anyone.  Hopefully, if Prunty (or new coach) can get them to buy in on both ends the rest of the season.

We just need consistency. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You can celebrate this win because they've lost to teams coming off back to backs and they had multiple days rest. 

I'd also add it wasn't the knocking down shots, it was running different things and the ball movement.  You saw Prunty on the sideline actively encouraging them to move the ball which I liked.

This team can beat anyone and lose to anyone.  Hopefully, if Prunty (or new coach) can get them to buy in on both ends the rest of the season.

We just need consistency. 

While this is true. We also look like that in every game too outside of PHX. This game just looked different. The pace, the plays, the defensive miscues was still there but a lot better than recent games. Murray was a monster on D. Dre made life hard on anyone he guarded. Okongwu thought he was Kevin Garnett on D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While this is true. We also look like that in every game too outside of PHX. This game just looked different. The pace, the plays, the defensive miscues was still there but a lot better than recent games. Murray was a monster on D. Dre made life hard on anyone he guarded. Okongwu thought he was Kevin Garnett on D.

I didn't see Trae argue with the refs one time. 

I didn't see the logo three (but there was one that was from near the logo). 

The streak that Murray went on was great but this time, there was no  on court "jealousy" while Murray was going off. 

OO committed less dumb fouls. 

Still concerned about Hunter.  Hunter didn't have a bad game.  Hunter had a meh game.   He does that from time to time.   Bey on the other hand should be a model for Hunter... or at least this game.   I saw Bey take the 3 pter but he did something Hunter Never does.  He followed his shot and he got the rebound off of a Lazy Cavs team.  I'm sure that Hunter is more talented.  But Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

I want to see what JC looks like if we keep going uptempo. 

If we keep playing Prunty Ball, I think that we will look good at both Gaurd spots and both the 4 and the 5.   I didn't see a lot run for the 3 but I'm Ok with that. 

Allen was able to get his points whenever he wanted to.  However, that block by OO was Nice.   I think it surprised the hell out of him. 

Right now, JJ is suited for play off the bench. He brings energy off the bench.   I think Him, OO, and AJ with Bogi can be a wrecking crew. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

To be Clear...  My:

On Court "Jealousy" is when it's evident that a guy has the hot hand and his teammate don't pass to him but instead take the shot. 

This season, one of the things that drove me crazy is that our players had OCJ.  Not Just Trae... but especially Bogi and Hunter, and sometimes DJ.

I look at offense like a conversation.   And OCJ is two people trying to talk at the same time.   Instead of just letting one person finish their statement, OCJ is just the other person talking louder.

• Like 1