• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'll clip that piece of the comment and agree... and... again... balance being a theme-o-mine... CLE wanted to play at that pace, too, from all I saw... so it's true but it sure helped that to be the case when the other team also is attempting that... and... all the better when, you're knocking down shots more than they are, contributing to your ability to get defensive rebounds and put pressure on their legs to hold up.

Maybe.  I think they were also a prisoner of it.   We ran on made baskets.. that wasn't a Cleveland want for if it were, they would have been running with us.    The one place I see Cleveland may have wanted that pace is Garland.  Honestly, there's no benefit in Cleveland running.   Allen could score at will,   Spyda and others can hit from outside, Garland works the middle when the lanes are open.  Our pace was above the average and our defensive rotations and switches looked very good for the most part. 

Whereas Cleveland doesn't need to increase pace to be successful, we do.  We've spent almost two years learning how to score against a set defense... now we can run and get benefits for DJ and our bigs. 

Prunty Ball is here!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Maybe.  I think they were also a prisoner of it.   We ran on made baskets.. that wasn't a Cleveland want for if it were, they would have been running with us.    The one place I see Cleveland may have wanted that pace is Garland.  Honestly, there's no benefit in Cleveland running.   Allen could score at will,   Spyda and others can hit from outside, Garland works the middle when the lanes are open.  Our pace was above the average and our defensive rotations and switches looked very good for the most part. 

Whereas Cleveland doesn't need to increase pace to be successful, we do.  We've spent almost two years learning how to score against a set defense... now we can run and get benefits for DJ and our bigs. 

Prunty Ball is here!!

Your shocking me. Good posts. Keep it up

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

He has a lot of potential.  Somehow they need to let him run the offense a little more. He could potentially be a mini Draymond if we have the right coaching and system.  It'll free up both DJ and Trae.

A truly creative coach would let him play the 3 in a big lineup.  On those nights in which Hunter doesn't have it, or we need more physicality in the game at the 3, JJ should be given the shot to hold it down.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

A truly creative coach would let him play the 3 in a big lineup.  On those nights in which Hunter doesn't have it, or we need more physicality in the game at the 3, JJ should be given the shot to hold it down.

Co-sign. Defense would drop off, but we’d gain ball control, distribution, and rebounding. Probably more consistent offense too. 
I been saying JJ could end up replacing Hunter in the next year if needed. JJ needs a little more development and playing time so he isn’t ready…yet. 
If we need to use Hunter to trade for a bigger fish, we have a replacement level player waiting next season on a cheaper contract. 

• Like 1