• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is not our best player. Murray is. Trae is our most talented and he's the face of the franchise. We can win with him but NOT as the #1 option on offense. We don't have a #1 option. 

Well Im over him being the face of the franchise too.. But hes here to stay so Ima root for him.. But man that guy is so frustrating.. he pisses me off more than Josh Smith ever did.. lol

I dont know how many more 5-20. 3-13. 5-19 etc. games I can take..

Edited by terrell

Just now, terrell said:

Starting PF the rest of the season hopefully. Fk size.. We're small either way.. JC is giving us NOTHING..

I just don't think he can play his style of offense with Murray in the lineup and without Kevin on the floor. He's an elite movement big but his movement has been limited and he's basically a spot up guy and he's not that. Bey is much better at being that. 

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

Well Im over him being the face of the franchise too.. But hes here to stay so Ima root for him.. But man that guy is so frustrating.. he pisses me off more than Josh Smith ever did.. lol

I wouldn't go anywhere near that far. J Smoove was one of my least favorite players to Don a Hawks jersey. I always said, I love 2k Smoove but hate real life Smoove as a player. 

I really like Trae and I think we can win big with him. But we gotta have more spacing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I just don't think he can play his style of offense with Murray in the lineup and without Kevin on the floor. He's an elite movement big but his movement has been limited and he's basically a spot up guy and he's not that. Bey is much better at being that. 

Whatever the reason he needs to come off the bench.. He'll just have to be a highly paid bench player like Gallo... lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near that far. J Smoove was one of my least favorite players to Don a Hawks jersey. I always said, I love 2k Smoove but hate real life Smoove as a player. 

I really like Trae and I think we can win big with him. But we gotta have more spacing. 

Yeah you right.. 

I get carried away sometimes.. lol

This team is so damn frustrating man...

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

@Threezus  You know when the regulars return on this site we both are going to be labeled haters by the usual suspects for even having this discussion.  But it just seems as though everyone else are always blamed from coaches to the other players for our problems.  I would be satisfied if the evaluation of each game was fair and balanced.  Not slanted like it usually is.  Overall, I think Young has talent but he doesn't appear to be coachable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae will kill another coach in Atlanta before its all said and done but his fans will still blame shift

Quin isnt going anywhere for a while.. You can bank on that.. So it wont be him...

Edited by terrell

53 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I work at a sporting goods store in atlanta.  Trae is not as loved as you would think in the city compared to other stars in Georgia.   He was much more loved like 2 years back during the knicks playoff run that was probably the peak.  But over the last year or so people have started to sour and it's noticeable.  Most people still like him and want him to do well but those same people are also saying they wouldn't be against moving him for another star if it made the team better when you talk to them.   You still have the die hards for sure but there is no where near as many as there was.  People hate losing and in Georgia we have been losing for a long long time and no doubt will turn on a star here over time.  It's happened on the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks before.

The Kids still love him.  Thats enough for Ressler.. lol

But yeah you right.  That playoff series last year and with the way hes played this season plus the off the court antics is wearing on folks..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

10 assists and 5 steals from Trae but he couldn't hit the ocean tonight. Frustrating to see him really play some defense and yet his shooting was terrible. Some of those misses were from fouls the refs didn't cause but that was like 3 shots I thought were fouls.

Tough loss. It is so apparent that with JC being literally unable to shoot at all anymore from the outside that him and Capela just kill the spacing on  this team. If JC can't shoot anymore from beyond mid range we have to move him. You simply cannot afford to have two of three starters be unable to space the floor in the modern NBA.

You can do it with one starter but not two.

I've noticed something when we play the Heat.  Without Fail, the refs allow the heat to play Physically and won't call anything.  Trae was just bringing the ball up and Caleb pushed him with a flipper, Trae fell, no call.  It wasn't a flop like Adebayo was giving all night.   It was a legit forearm shiver that sent Trae to the ground...

They just allow Miami to be as handsy as they want.   And you can disagree but I think that throws off our players.  Clint, OO, and JJ can play through it.. but for most of the others... not so well. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

10 assists and 5 steals from Trae but he couldn't hit the ocean tonight. Frustrating to see him really play some defense and yet his shooting was terrible. Some of those misses were from fouls the refs didn't cause but that was like 3 shots I thought were fouls.

Tough loss. It is so apparent that with JC being literally unable to shoot at all anymore from the outside that him and Capela just kill the spacing on  this team. If JC can't shoot anymore from beyond mid range we have to move him. You simply cannot afford to have two of three starters be unable to space the floor in the modern NBA.

You can do it with one starter but not two.

Both him and Capela needs to be moved. Capela isn't as good as he used to be on defense and while he's still elite in some areas, it doesn't cover for the massive offensive gravity issue he presents. Games like tonight tell you that OO is a 4 and that's his career position. We need to get a 5 who can play next to OO. 

I will say this, while Capela has regressed, his PnR has impressed this year. He even got the short roll pass which is a nice addition. 

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

I work at a sporting goods store in atlanta.  Trae is not as loved as you would think in the city compared to other stars in Georgia.   He was much more loved like 2 years back during the knicks playoff run that was probably the peak.  But over the last year or so people have started to sour and it's noticeable.  Most people still like him and want him to do well but those same people are also saying they wouldn't be against moving him for another star if it made the team better when you talk to them.   You still have the die hards for sure but there is no where near as many as there was.  People hate losing and in Georgia we have been losing for a long long time and no doubt will turn on a star here over time.  It's happened on the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks before.

The numbers don't like, Trae is the only member of this team anyone gives a f*** about. It's even stronger now that the team is struggling. Hawks fans, shit Atlanta fans hate irrelevance more than losing. 

Edited by NBASupes

59 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

@Threezus  You know when the regulars return on this site we both are going to be labeled haters by the usual suspects for even having this discussion.  But it just seems as though everyone else are always blamed from coaches to the other players for our problems.  I would be satisfied if the evaluation of each game was fair and balanced.  Not slanted like it usually is.  Overall, I think Young has talent but he doesn't appear to be coachable.

I think Trae is coachable, I have seen it tonight more than any other time this season. Trae is just an idiot. Sometimes, that's hard to accept but he is what he is. 

I actually think Quin is liking Trae more and more. Seeing him up close but his decision-making is always going to be a problem. The boy just got really bad habits and he thinks he can do more than he can do like Smoove and as a scorer, he lacks feel and timing. As everyone sees, his best thing is his playmaking. He's amazing at it but even then, he can be an idiot. He's nothing like Stockton or Nash. Those two were geniuses with decisions passing the rock. Then again, Trae can really attack. His mindset to attack is what D'Antoni wishes he did with Nash but I don't think Nash has that type of mindset so it wouldn't matter. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

The negativity on here is ridiculous. Quin is playing chess not checkers, let’s give this guy some time. 

Trae and DJ both had one of their worst games of the season at the same time and still had a chance towards the end in Miami against a well coached team. 

He already has the guys playing harder, give him some time and I bet he’ll have them in the right place to succeed and them trusting each other and making the right play. That piece isn’t going to change overnight. This will be a good challenge for Quin. How can he get Trae to have some success against Miami?  It’s also a good lesson for Trae. Maybe this is the rare time he just needs a 10 pt, 15 assist game to get us a W. Miami is forcing him out of a shot and he isn’t taking the cue and instead is forcing bad shots. This is where good players adapt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1