• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Make sure all y'all who were against defense and wanted to go all offense thinking that we could only way the Hawks could win games is by shooting a bunch of 3's, take a snap shot of this game.  This is the path to success for the Hawks and any other NBA team.  Defense, rebounding and ball movement!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Only thing I enjoyed more than the smacking we gave the Heat was Udonis Has-been disrupting Schpo's coaching to yell nonsensically at the team.  And everybody looking like, "Yeah ok, we heard you now shutcho old a** down.  We carrying yo old a** so now we ain't got but one playable bigman."

And lol at MIA putting 73 yo Zeller's suburban dad lookin a** out there as an answer.  And did anybody do a welfare check on Kevin Love? 

Wanna prank call 📞 your BIL and hang up? :er: Or we could pretend we Haslem choking on a soup chicken bone 🦴 :laugh1:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Positives from that game:

1. The overall team activity and speed on offense.  They didn't let Miami set their defensive at the pace Miami wanted to.

2. Quinn ran some hand offs to Trae.  This is part of the correction of getting Trae to move off the ball.  The hand offs were run from the power forward stationed at the top of the key.

3. Murray.  Murray showed out on offense.  He got to his spots against a tough and physical Miami defense.

4. Jalen Johnson.  Quinn sees what he has in Jalen and is letting him play through mistakes.  Jalen is the real deal.  You can run your offense through him as a point forward.

5. Capela's rebounding.

6. Trae running the offense like a point guard, in spots, lmao

Negatives from the game:

Trae hollering at Nate McMillan's son after he tried to coach Trae up about a bad shot ending the first quarter lmao. I remember that play.  Jalen Johnson wide open in the corner and Trae dribbles into the teeth of the Miami defense without giving ANY thought to passing it to Johnson.  Trae still needs to make the correct play at the end of quarters and the game:

"thats why I ran your pappy off!"  😃

Kudos to lil Nate(even though he shouldve been let go with his daddy)

Trae has to take care of the ball better and just be smarter overall..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like a lot of fans, I wanted to see more of the OO/JJ pairing and was pissed they didn't play as much as I'd like.

But credit where it's due, CC/JC were ferocious when we needed them to be and really controlled the glass.

And although I said JC can't guard Butler, he did a good job on him in the 4th quarter.... Kudos..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I can’t read any of this. You wanted Kyme on the team. It’s kinda like an outsider’s perspective.

You wanted to trade JJ for Crowder.. Thats even worse....

We all have our fukkups... 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bey is the perfect type of player for us..

He never really has a bad game...

Even when his shot’s not falling, he bullies his way to the rim, gets layups and generally just sticks his nose in everything.

Extremely useful player, who has honestly changed the complexion of this team imo...

Another thing that was impressive about this win is that our bread and butter, Trae's lobs to CC was stymied and we still managed to get the Win (Something that would never have happened under Nate's underwhelming coaching... Good riddance!)

Instead of picking and rolling, Quin ran some plays were he did the OPPOSITE.  He had Collins run some handoffs to Trae which in essence, reverses the pick and roll and has Trae going to the basket instead of the big. In the clip below, its ran like a standard pick and roll but check out WHERE its ran from.  Trae has THREE options.  Straight to the basket, pass or lob back to Collins, or if the wing defender collapses, hit Bogi in the corner for the three.

ezgif-4-097df8f931.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Wanna prank call 📞 your BIL and hang up? :er: Or we could pretend we Haslem choking on a soup chicken bone 🦴 :laugh1:

Has-been looked like he may jump off a bridge last night didn't he?  Hahahahaaaaaa....

Sorry, I'm still on a high here.

Wellness check on @benhillboy too, btw.  Ben-hillbilly, you guud? 

• Haha 4

Just now, kg01 said:

Ben-hillbilly,

No he’s in a room with shakes plainview Terrell Hawkmoor and a few others plotting to scheme :sarcastic:

They got a few days before Boston. 

12.3% chance Benhill reply’s within the hour. :laugh1:

• Haha 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

No he’s in a room with shakes plainview Terrell Hawkmoor and a few others plotting to scheme :sarcastic:

They got a few days before Boston. 

12.3% chance Benhill reply’s within the hour. :laugh1:

Seriously though, should I call the BIL and talk family stuff?  I'll just keep going "uh-huh", "Really?", "You don't say .."

And wait for him to bring up the elephant in the room.  Hahahaaaa. 

• Haha 4

Just now, kg01 said:

Isola

They drugged him. That ain’t him. He wouldn’t say something that stupid. That’s like saying let’s trade Giannis for Zion, who by the way you were right about, that kid man, now he’s says he’s physically healthy but not mentally. Wtf. Dude get your a$$ out there and stop trying to be a perfectionist. The player Zion could have been, it’s over, the timeline has passed. He won’t be generational anymore the body AND MIND FAILED HIM!

• Sad 2