• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Has-been looked like he may jump off a bridge last night didn't he?  Hahahahaaaaaa....

Sorry, I'm still on a high here.

Wellness check on @benhillboy too, btw.  Ben-hillbilly, you guud? 

I’m cool, appreciate the concern lol.  I told you before the season the heat were gonna be ass with Herro starting (heat fans want his head on a stick right now lol) and without Tucker’s borderline illegal screens all over the place: no surprises over here.  They’re gonna get cooked by size next game as well, culture be damned.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m cool, appreciate the concern lol.  I told you before the season the heat were gonna be ass with Herro starting (heat fans want his head on a stick right now lol) and without Tucker’s borderline illegal screens all over the place: no surprises over here.  They’re gonna get cooked by size next game as well, culture be damned.

Have you been hacked?  They gonna let you back on heetsquawk after talking greasy about they're Herro?

😏

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Horford, Gallo and Muscala - all former Hawks now with the Cs. Let's crush them.

If we beat Boston to move to the next round, maybe the regular season really doesn't matter that much?

Trae said it last year, the Playoffs are just more fun than the regular season.  Maybe we’re about to see a different version of the Hawks and not the LAW OF MID we've seen all year long... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, terrell said:

If we beat Boston to move to the next round, maybe the regular season really doesn't matter that much?

Trae said it last year, the Playoffs are just more fun than the regular season.  Maybe we’re about to see a different version of the Hawks and not the LAW OF MID we've seen all year long... lol

Maybe but I'd still like a division title now and again and also never a season as mid as this one please.

The Miami win was cathartic so its all gravy from this point. We now though have a win where we can point to and say Quinn out coached a well respected franchise. This could be THE game where things not only turn around but Validates Quinn to the entire Roster

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Fun fact I shared a Tab cola with Richard Simmons when he came to open a health club by Southlake Mall around 1983.

Yeah...thanks for installing this jingle in my head for the next 24 hours...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Have you been hacked?  They gonna let you back on heetsquawk after talking greasy about they're Herro?

😏

I keep it brutally honest, especially with teams and players I like.  The heat had a shit operation this year and Jimmy’s non-existent three point shooting finally did the team a huge disservice, let alone him starting to show real slack defensively which I’d never imagine.  Don’t kill your BIL too tough he’s been watching crap all season.  At least the Hawks have top notch talent top to bottom and drafted actual living breathing players the past few years.

Before the deadline I would’ve said the Hawks have no chance in hell versus the Selts.  But since with Jalen’s big boy step forward and Bey’s addition helping the Hawks to the best offense since then by many measures I give them a decent shot to do some major sh%t after The Model Season of Mediocrity.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Fun fact I shared a Tab cola with Richard Simmons when he came to open a health club by Southlake Mall around 1983.

I wanna go so many places with this .....

"Me too." - R. Simmons

Ok, ok.  Self-ban... 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I wanna go so many places with this .....

"Me too." - R. Simmons

Ok, ok.  Self-ban... 

let’s call your BIL.

Us: Knock knock? 

him: whose there?

Us: the Hawks and we stomped y’all a$$! 

:laugh1:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

SouthLake used to be my hang out... around 83...

Small world!!

would walk the mall, work the arcade, walk across the street to the cinemas and watch movies all night. 

Kids today just don't know...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

SouthLake used to be my hang out... around 83...

Small world!!

would walk the mall, work the arcade, walk across the street to the cinemas and watch movies all night. 

Kids today just don't know...

I was 6 years old in 83, but Southlake Mall arcade was definitely was one of my spots growing up.  Played a lot of Ninja Turtles and arcade style hoops.  Then the arcade moved closer to the food court and it was NBA Jam, Street Fighter II, and Mortal Kombat.  

• Like 1