• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I was 6 years old in 83, but Southlake Mall arcade was definitely was one of my spots growing up.  Played a lot of Ninja Turtles and arcade style hoops.  Then the arcade moved closer to the food court and it was NBA Jam, Street Fighter II, and Mortal Kombat.  

I remember the pet store was upstairs next to Sears (?) I think...  Dude... if you could go to a place... shop for clothes, shoes, tools, pick up chicks, eat some hot wings, play with a puppy, and play street fighter...   You were doing big things!

These kids today have movies and games on their laptop or phone.   I don't know how you can truly appreciate a movie without the big screen and the popcorn.  I watched the first Animated Transformers at South Lake.  With Popcorn.. and a  drink...  You can't watch that on a damn phone.. and get the same appreciation.   My son, read rotten tomatoes and read what people say in a forum and make up his mind about the movie without seeing it.   WTF Is that. Sometimes it is too much information.  You miss out on life.  You can read a review about a Gordon Ramsey burger.. and I don't care how much they describe it, it will never match you tasting it for yourself. 

• Like 2