• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What was this ref Sean Wright doing???? Playing defense for the heat? Threw off Bogi"s shot.

I would really like to hear an explanation of what happened on this play.  I have never seen a ref do that.   Never seen a ref have a need to step in the field of play during a play.  I hope he doesn't draw any more of our games.   His history with us is not good.  It may be coincidental.. but we don't need more coincidences. 

And How about the fast break that the refs stopped because of a clock issue?

I'm not going to go in on the refs because they did what they did... and Butler is now the King of the Flop and Lowry is his apprentice.  But the refs bite on this stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What was this ref Sean Wright doing???? Playing defense for the heat? Threw off Bogi"s shot.

Didnt he step on Trae's foot vs Bucks? smh

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

THANK YOU!

I thought some protestor ran onto the court dressed as a ref!

He either was completely out of position, forgot where TF he was supposed to be in the first dang place, was covering for someone else who didn't know what TF he was doing, or he was flat out tryna impact the play i.e. be the heats 6th defender.

It's gotta be one of those.  None of which speak highly of any of them.  I've literally never seen that before.

• Like 1

Only thing I enjoyed more than the smacking we gave the Heat was Udonis Has-been disrupting Schpo's coaching to yell nonsensically at the team.  And everybody looking like, "Yeah ok, we heard you now shutcho old a** down.  We carrying yo old a** so now we ain't got but one playable bigman."

And lol at MIA putting 73 yo Zeller's suburban dad lookin a** out there as an answer.  And did anybody do a welfare check on Kevin Love? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Everybody forgot, we didn't have Clint, JC, or a healthy Bogi last year....

And we didn't have BEY!!

That Heat series was an overreaction last year.  This revenge was so sweet.  I hope we killed Heat culture in one night.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That Heat series was an overreaction last year.  This revenge was so sweet.  I hope we killed Heat culture in one night.  

I peeked...  Most fans want them to tank so that they can get in the wimby sweepstakes. 

Said that they did nothing to improve because of their success last year. 

I supposed, we would have had the same knee jerk reaction had we loss. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess @shakes fell asleep and missed the win.

oh I was up for this one.    Pretty unbelievable game.   If the season was 95% disappointment I would say last night's win erased 25% of that.  So now I have the season as only a 70% disappointment.    A good showing in Boston would lower that even more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, terrell said:

JJ with 10/7/7/3 in 14 min...

Cant wait to see his growth next season..

yep, once he cleans up the youth inspired poor decisions he's going to be a helluva player.   Shouldn't be hard, we're talking abou3-4 dumb plays per game which isn't astronomical.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, kg01 said:

That man Bogd was out there picking up full court on D?  He was basically slappin' the floor like them mediocre late '90's Duke guards.  Hahaaaaaaa!!!!

shots fired at Wojo

Positives from that game:

1. The overall team activity and speed on offense.  They didn't let Miami set their defensive at the pace Miami wanted to.

2. Quinn ran some hand offs to Trae.  This is part of the correction of getting Trae to move off the ball.  The hand offs were run from the power forward stationed at the top of the key.

3. Murray.  Murray showed out on offense.  He got to his spots against a tough and physical Miami defense.

4. Jalen Johnson.  Quinn sees what he has in Jalen and is letting him play through mistakes.  Jalen is the real deal.  You can run your offense through him as a point forward.

5. Capela's rebounding.

6. Trae running the offense like a point guard, in spots, lmao

Negatives from the game:

Trae hollering at Nate McMillan's son after he tried to coach Trae up about a bad shot ending the first quarter lmao. I remember that play.  Jalen Johnson wide open in the corner and Trae dribbles into the teeth of the Miami defense without giving ANY thought to passing it to Johnson.  Trae still needs to make the correct play at the end of quarters and the game:

"thats why I ran your pappy off!"  😃

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1