• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- THE Play-In Game!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

They drugged him. That ain’t him. He wouldn’t say something that stupid. That’s like saying let’s trade Giannis for Zion, who by the way you were right about, that kid man, now he’s says he’s physically healthy but not mentally. Wtf. Dude get your a$$ out there and stop trying to be a perfectionist. The player Zion could have been, it’s over, the timeline has passed. He won’t be generational anymore the body AND MIND FAILED HIM!

Just heard his interview.  Yeah, he gone gone.  Got his money and he guud.  Sad. 

• Sad 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

And then tell him you’re busy on Saturday, afternoonish. :sarcastic: THE SCHMELTS!!!

oh man, first the Heat now the Celts. 

I'll call him right when our game starts then go, "oh my bad, bro, I got a game to watch.  Bye-eeee ...." 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Make sure all y'all who were against defense and wanted to go all offense thinking that we could only way the Hawks could win games is by shooting a bunch of 3's, take a snap shot of this game.  This is the path to success for the Hawks and any other NBA team.  Defense, rebounding and ball movement!

Make sure that you (PB) who was downing Clint Capela and saying he was trash give him his MFing due today because without rebounding, we lose this game.  21 MFing rebounds... 2 blocks...  Dominated the game!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

@Diesel I never said Clint Capela could not rebound...I said he can't defend the pick and roll and is a below average help defender.  and while Capela had 2 blocks, Okungwu had 4 and was totally disruptive with his perimeter defense.  In reality, rebound is all Capela excelled at in this game...Notice you aren't talking about his Offense.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

@Diesel I never said Clint Capela could not rebound...I said he can't defend the pick and roll and is a below average help defender.  and while Capela had 2 blocks, Okungwu had 4 and was totally disruptive with his perimeter defense.  In reality, rebound is all Capela excelled at in this game...Notice you aren't talking about his Offense.

@Peoriabird  His rebounding is our offense.

He got 8 offensive rebounds yesterday.  You hold up Okungwu.. he had 4 rebounds total.. but that's neither here nor there.    The point is that when you shoot 24% from 3 pt  as  a team... IN THE MODERN GAME.. you're supposed to lose.  There's a ball boy somewhere that can run down those analytics for you.   However,   CLINT snatching more offenisve rebounds than the Miami team gives you second chances.   Clint snatching those defensive boards limits Miami chances.   You look at rebounding and try to play like everybody can do it... but the truth is.. Everybody doesn't do it.   Clint showed you tonight why he is valued for doing it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

At what point does darling Jimmy Butler get the overrated tag?   

He's always been overrated imo.  Relies heavily on foul calls from contact he creates to open up his game, and when that's not going his way, he's got nothing.  He is not a good self-creator if he isn't getting touch fouls.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

He's always been overrated imo.  Relies heavily on foul calls from contact he creates to open up his game, and when that's not going his way, he's got nothing.  He is not a good self-creator if he isn't getting touch fouls.

I think Quin told the secret last night.   He said that we have to not allow him to get "angles".  Our guys stayed in front of him a lot  and tried not to run beside him.  Him and Lowry are twins when it comes to foul production.  Lots of running at, running into, falling down... plain old flopping and hooking and falling. 

When you're playing superior basketball and people see that buschleague stuff... it looks bad. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think he has been pretty fairly valued to be honest.  He has never been seen as a truly elite player and he isn't one.  But he has been very impactful for most of the teams he has played on and his teams generally run somewhere in between "playoff also-ran" to "contender to make the finals."  He has been a huge part of that success and deserves real praise for it.  Since no one is confusing him with or even mentioning him in the same sentence as LeBron or Steph or MJ or anything, I feel like he is in about the right place being ranked usually in the #15-20 range. (This is also consistent with his league status where he has never been higher than 3rd team All-NBA.)  

So I'd say he is fairly rated.

QUESTION:  I mentioned it earlier but didn't get an answer.

Last night some Hawk went inside, grabbed a rebound and dunked the ball.  Announcers didn't say who it was.  I thought it was Bogie.  Anyone else see this and know who it was?

I know that he doesn't do this often but he's capable.

:smug:

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

The guy scalabrine was effusive in his praise for Trae this morning ..... then they got into the trade rumor stuff.  Smh.  They're suggesting Trae for Simmons and Stank Isola says BKN should refuse to include picks. 

Yep, not even exaggerating.  I was shocked. 

:er:Is there another Simmons on the Nets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

QUESTION:  I mentioned it earlier but didn't get an answer.

Last night some Hawk went inside, grabbed a rebound and dunked the ball.  Announcers didn't say who it was.  I thought it was Bogie.  Anyone else see this and know who it was?

I know that he doesn't do this often but he's capable.

:smug:

CC with the board, falling out of bounds pass to Bogi for the dunk.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he has been pretty fairly valued to be honest.  He has never been seen as a truly elite player and he isn't one.  But he has been very impactful for most of the teams he has played on and his teams generally run somewhere in between "playoff also-ran" to "contender to make the finals."  He has been a huge part of that success and deserves real praise for it.  Since no one is confusing him with or even mentioning him in the same sentence as LeBron or Steph or MJ or anything, I feel like he is in about the right place being ranked usually in the #15-20 range. (This is also consistent with his league status where he has never been higher than 3rd team All-NBA.)  

So I'd say he is fairly rated.

I think the perception of him being overrated is related to how the NBA markets -- which is they heavily market the players and not really the teams themselves.  Butler didn't do much of anything in Chicago, his play was very underwhelming in Philly imo, and now he's had success on the Heat that I would primarily attribute to Riley and Spo.  I feel like he's an elite role player paid, marketed, and sold as a superstar.  

• Like 1