• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have it from a good source... We next

sturt

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Like Jeff Van Gundy says, don't tell me you want to win, show me you want to win. More effort on defense, a willingness to play off the ball, more judicious shot selection. 

This x1000.     These Twitter proclamations are embarrassing. 

• Sad 1

Back up your statement.  Saying what you did implies that you are willing to put in the work necessary and believe in what the coaches tell you.

I'm all for the Hawks being next!  :peanut-butter-jelly-time:  Get 'er done!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Why is it that everytime we mention what's needed for our success, the onus is always on Trae to do something to improve?  In the History of Basketball, when hasn't 27/10 been enough.  You make it seem as though we have studs surrounding Trae and Trae has to bring his game up.   Why not talk about what our sorry cast of Forwards need to do to make our team better??  I am so tired of Hunter getting a pass because he's the right size.   It's Marvin Williams all over again.   JC needs to play at a higher level too.  Even if we're playing him wrong, he has to show that he can be dominant in the wrong way that we're playing him.  AND  If DJ can't wratched up the defense then we may as well play Bogi.   At least Bogi will hit some shots. 

27/10 is irrelevant.  Trae needs to raise his level of play to give the Hawks a chance.  Jokic raised his game from all-star to MVP after the Nuggets lost in the playoffs in 2019.  Can Trae make the same jump?

The best player on the last few championship teams:

2023: Jokic; 2022: Cury; 2021:  Giannis; 2020: Lebron;  2019:  Kawhi (before 2019 there is a lot of Lebron and Curry over the prior decade, with some Kawhi and Dirk thrown in the mix).

Lebron, Curry, Giannis and Jokic are all going to go down as all time greats.  

If the Hawks are going to win a championship history shows we need an all-time great or a truly great ensemble roster (think Detroit Bad Boys). 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 8:03 AM, bleachkit said:

Like Jeffad the  Van Gundy says, don't tell me you want to win, show me you want to win. More effort on, a willingness to play off the ball, more judicious shot selection. 

Take more 3s. Make more 3s. One or more logo 3s per game.  Lead the league in assists. Average 2 steals. 

Play like Trae.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
On 6/13/2023 at 11:59 AM, Diesel said:

Why is it that everytime we mention what's needed for our success, the onus is always on Trae to do something to improve?  In the History of Basketball, when hasn't 27/10 been enough.  You make it seem as though we have studs surrounding Trae and Trae has to bring his game up.   Why not talk about what our sorry cast of Forwards need to do to make our team better??  I am so tired of Hunter getting a pass because he's the right size.   It's Marvin Williams all over again.   JC needs to play at a higher level too.  Even if we're playing him wrong, he has to show that he can be dominant in the wrong way that we're playing him.  AND  If DJ can't wratched up the defense then we may as well play Bogi.   At least Bogi will hit some shots. 

Can’t bump this enough. We already know Trae can take his already awesome game to another level as the stakes get higher. Other mofos on the team got to step up their efficiency to get us over the hump. Hunter is the only player on this roster that should have a lot of room to go on his ceiling and that is mostly from a defensive perspective. If he can be the defensive stud we all thought he could be, we would be championship contenders. Until then…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Yes make more threes, I'm with you there. 

The difference between 38.2% last year and 33.5% this year is enormous.  Need to be much closer to the former than the latter.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Take more 3s. Make more 3s. One or more logo 3s per game.  Lead the league in assists. Average 2 steals. 

Play like Trae.

No, yes, no, yes, sure why not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's my hope that in the coming season this Hawk team takes and makes more threes.  0017 sneaked in a few last season and our rookie looked good from outside until he hit the wall.

Bogie is well now.  Murray and Young made a lot of threes.  They both need to increase their % from outside.

One big question remains.  Who stays and who goes?  We may get a hint when we draft.

:smug:

On 6/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, Packfill said:

27/10 is irrelevant.  Trae needs to raise his level of play to give the Hawks a chance.  Jokic raised his game from all-star to MVP after the Nuggets lost in the playoffs in 2019.  Can Trae make the same jump?

The best player on the last few championship teams:

2023: Jokic; 2022: Cury; 2021:  Giannis; 2020: Lebron;  2019:  Kawhi (before 2019 there is a lot of Lebron and Curry over the prior decade, with some Kawhi and Dirk thrown in the mix).

Lebron, Curry, Giannis and Jokic are all going to go down as all time greats.  

If the Hawks are going to win a championship history shows we need an all-time great or a truly great ensemble roster (think Detroit Bad Boys). 

How great would Trae be, if he had two or three 40%+ 3 point shooters to pass the ball to?  Or a big guy who is guaranteed to get you 25+ ppg?  As @AHF said, almost all of your NBA champions have had that 2nd guy who was playing at All-Star/All-NBA level, while also having a 3rd guy who can give you All-Star caliber play at times.

There's a reason why a guy like Damian Lillard has ZERO Conference Finals wins in his career and only reached the WC Finals 1 time in 10 playoff seasons.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How great would Trae be, if he had two or three 40%+ 3 point shooters to pass the ball to?  Or a big guy who is guaranteed to get you 25+ ppg?  As @AHF said, almost all of your NBA champions have had that 2nd guy who was playing at All-Star/All-NBA level, while also having a 3rd guy who can give you All-Star caliber play at times.

There's a reason why a guy like Damian Lillard has ZERO Conference Finals wins in his career and only reached the WC Finals 1 time in 10 playoff seasons.

We barely have another 20+ ppg scorer to go with Trae.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
On 6/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, Packfill said:

I disagree.  Jokic didn't raise his game.  His supporting cast got of the IL...

Murray, MPJ, and KCP and Gordon are a great surrounding cast.   They were finally all healthy at the same time. 

Our guys are healthy but not that good. 

• Like 2