• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Hawks are still working on the secondary framework and the 3rd and potentially 4th team in a KAT to Atlanta deal. There has been some reluctance from an owner with Minnesota but their GM is strongly pushing for a trade right now as his value at its assumed peak. 

Teams see KAT like LA Blake Griffin right as he was traded to Detroit. The belief is, he has an all star or two seasons in him but many expect a steep decline with the new contract being a massive overpay. That's why there has been just two teams and of course, the two desperate to get better fast teams in the market for him which was Dallas and now currently Atlanta. 

He says Atlanta is also still talking with Toronto about Siakam but they are still really far from a trade. As I said, Siakam is Atlanta top target by a mile. 

Could we end this week with no trades, possibly but Atlanta is close on KAT. There is just secondary parts that aren't so easy to solve and JJ is NOT in the deal, Minnesota wants him in the deal and that might be causing some issues as well.

Still, I expect this to get done sooner than later or not at all. Also, I said two 1sts previously, I was wrong, they are still negotiating that but Minnesota wants two 1sts which they did get from Dallas before Atlanta out bidded them overall with Bey who Minnesota highly coveted. 

The key pieces are done, just the other pieces and 3rd parties are not for now. 

Nothing new aside from that. This isn't the done deal I thought it was yesterday but they aren't far either. 

Thank you for clarifying why KAT is a terrible idea.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Since when you an outsider.. where’s the official roster… what does it take to get in… if it takes some of the things spud and kg references I gotta stay out

Been an outsider since the beginning. 

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Oh well. If the Houston trade finalizes without a KAT deal, it ain’t gonna happen. 

Not true, they just have to send out Capela and other small contracts or one of Hunter or Bogi.  Easier said than done though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We can still move Capela or Bogi together or in a separate deal to make things work. We have the KAT main details agreed upon it is the 3rd/4th teams that are the hold up. 

Bogi’s not until September. What’s the rules for including Gay in a trade? We have to wait 2 months?

KAT's contract is a non starter. Once a guy in late 20's starts having chronic injuries it never stops. Look at Kawhi and PG. And this is a hard cap league now. Having 1/3 of your cap tied up in a chronically injured player could be a death knell. It's too risky. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Do we really want kat if he's declining at 50 mil so in the third year wtf we gonna do with him this ain't the nfl

Even if we get him for peanuts we lose.

He's a supermax. He's under contract for the next 5 years! That is a huge commitment going forward. What if AJ or JJ has to get paid? We would have very little financial flexibility. The new CBA is doing more than taxing the big spending teams, it's limiting MLE's, limiting acquiring players on the buyout market, limiting the types of trades you can make, basically if you go above that second apron you have no maneuverability.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Just as an aside, I do think his declining play was very much akin to JC where JC had injury and suffered from playing next to Capela.  He and Gobert did not pair well and given Gobert's offensive limitations it took away some of KAT's best scoring so that Gobert could stand near the basket as much as possible.

I would tend to agree, but does that indicate that no team will ever go beyond a certain level with either Capela or Gobert?  To me they impede the overall effectiveness of a team as a whole.

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

checked some messages while I am laid up in bed recovering. Siakam is who we really want but that's probably not going to happen. KAT to ATL has been basically agreed to but it is the 3rd/4th teams that are hanging things up. I was told one of the Twolf owners was talked out of nixing this deal outright(both myself and @NBASupes have mentioned this possibility more than once) and that KAT's value is about to seriously decline because of his contract. 

2nd apron fear is real. Don't even think of it as a 2nd apron in LT. Think of it as a hard cap which is what it really is. Minnesota simply cannot afford to keep him on the roster. Atlanta has outbid the Mavs for KAT. The only question is which young guy is moved with Bey in the deal.

Again was told to expect something mostly from the Rudy gay situation in the JC trade to resolve this one way or the other.

Not really? We can still move Capela or Bogi together or in a separate deal to make things work. We have the KAT main details agreed upon it is the 3rd/4th teams that are the hold up. 

Bogi? Are we trying to be the worst shooting team in the NBA? lol

• Like 2