• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Basically an expiring plus a FRP.. lol

Pacers give up 2024? That would be stupid af for them if they did.

If they're giving up a pick, it would make sense to give up the pick for the one year they will definitely have Siakam.  It's a weak offer.  Buddy Hield is a negative impact player even though he can shoot.  McConnell is a nice backup PG but I think they want a starter quality player.  Hunter/AJ is much better than this bargain bin offer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Got an update:

Siakam and KAT are the main two targets. Team would rather have Siakam because his defense is better than KAT's (I love KAT and can't argue this). It sounds like Toronto is willing to accept a more fair deal for him. It also sounds like Siakam is willing to stay in Atlanta. Hunter would be the main piece we send to Toronto.

One source said "it might be getting spicy soon in the ATL" so take that FWIW. 

Alright let’s declare our allegiance now. Team KAT stand up. Team Siakim show yourselves. Lol. 

I am on the KAT train. Toot toot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So from seeing that offer im interested to see what one from the Hawks would look like and if ours beats it or not.  

2024 1st unprotected - Sac 1st -  Yeah they win here no doubt

Buddy Hield  <  Hunter  i take hunter over hield

T.J. McConnell = Bey - Both guys are pretty comparable with strengths and weaknesses.  Bufkin substitute here maybe to give us more value than TJ.  If Bufkin can be traeded i don't think he can right?

Jalen Smith < Capela = 1st round pick going to them from a mavs trade probably.

So they can take the chance of that 2024 unprotected being really good for the pacers  or get better with the other 3 pieces going to them.    If it was Hunter, Bufkin, Sac 1st and 1st from Capela trade   thats better than Pacers imo.  If it's  Hunter, sac 1st, Bey, and 1st from Capela trade   i think it's pretty comparable but could hit big on that 2024 unprotected if they think Pacers still suck with Pascal.

7 minutes ago, Threezus said:

So from seeing that offer im interested to see what one from the Hawks would look like and if ours beats it or not.  

2024 1st unprotected - Sac 1st -  Yeah they win here no doubt

Buddy Hield  <  Hunter  i take hunter over hield

T.J. McConnell = Bey - Both guys are pretty comparable with strengths and weaknesses.  Bufkin substitute here maybe to give us more value than TJ.  If Bufkin can be traeded i don't think he can right?

Jalen Smith < Capela = 1st round pick going to them from a mavs trade probably.

So they can take the chance of that 2024 unprotected being really good for the pacers  or get better with the other 3 pieces going to them.    If it was Hunter, Bufkin, Sac 1st and 1st from Capela trade   thats better than Pacers imo.  If it's  Hunter, sac 1st, Bey, and 1st from Capela trade   i think it's pretty comparable but could hit big on that 2024 unprotected if they think Pacers still suck with Pascal.

Are you saying Hunter, Bey, and 2 1sts?  No way

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Alright let’s declare our allegiance now. Team KAT stand up. Team Siakim show yourselves. Lol. 

I am on the KAT train. Toot toot. 

I'm team SIAKAT

I think Pascal will have the most impact, so I lean toward him.  KAT will more than work as well.

Win - win for the Hawks if they get either guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm team SIAKAT

I think Pascal will have the most impact, so I lean toward him.  KAT will more than work as well.

Win - win for the Hawks if they get either guy.

All things being equal, Id take KAT over Siakam. But KAT's contract is just too risky in my opinion. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I’m team KAT. I think he would benefit with playing with an established coach, Trae/DJM, and help OO have some space in the lane with his outside shot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Are you saying Hunter, Bey, and 2 1sts?  No way

The 2nd 1st would be from Capela trade not from us.  So from us it would be   Capela, Hunter, Bey, and sac 1st    With us keeping all of our young pieces with upside that everyone here loves.    I imagine it would take atleast that to get Siakam or KAT because it cost more than that to get Murray who imo isn't as good as either of them players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

The 2nd 1st would be from Capela trade not from us.  So from us it would be   Capela, Hunter, Bey, and sac 1st    With us keeping all of our young pieces with upside that everyone here loves.    I imagine it would take atleast that to get Siakam or KAT because it cost more than that to get Murray who imo isn't as good as either of them players.

Correct — Capela, Hunter, Bey, and a 1st.  That offer seems like we are bidding against ourselves.  

• Like 1