• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

I’m embarrassed to be an American viewer of professional sports.

The market. Capitalism.

Being that Jaylen Brown has garnered this reward from the Celtics I'm sure he , his agent, and his family are ecstatic.

I'm happy for him tbh.

Owners cant keep all of the $.. lol

Most of us would not refuse the reward if we were in his shoes.

It's all about the market my friend...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, terrell said:

The market. Capitalism.

Being that Jaylen Brown has garnered this reward from the Celtics I'm sure he , his agent, and his family are ecstatic.

I'm happy for him tbh.

Owners cant keep all of the $.. lol

Most of us would not refuse the reward if we were in his shoes.

It's all about the market my friend...

I understand all of the above.  My lens wasn’t limited to economics.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Do you know how much Jokic makes?

Before you answer, please look it up.

He's exhibiting a clear lack of understanding of how things work.  It's annoying. 

This is like looking at Magic Johnson's salary and railing about how some random bench player shouldn't be making more than an alltime great did. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Do you know how much Jokic makes?

Before you answer, please look it up.

After his extension kicks in about $54 mil per season and since he can carry a bunch of just guys to a championship by himself,  He is pretty much a bargain

• Confused 1

• Moderators

I will say that I am thrilled that if Boston was going to re-sign* him it was going to be a to a deal like this.  I don't think it will be a situation where Boston stops being a contender in the next couple of years but at least if we don't get the chance to bring him home to the ATL they don't get the benefit of paying him what he would have gotten had they traded him to us (i.e., a much cheaper contract).  **** the Celtics.

* - Corrected

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

After his extension kicks in about $54 mil per season and since he can carry a bunch of just guys to a championship by himself,  He is pretty much a bargain

So now we are saying that max contracts are for just guys?  Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. were both on max contracts last season which combined with Jokic makes 3 max contracts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

So now we are saying that max contracts are for just guys?  Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. were both on max contracts last season which combined with Jokic makes 3 max contracts.

Non all star players...No big 3...No superstars... Just Jokic

• Confused 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Non all star players

Kind of feel like you are all over the place on this.  When you see that Denver is giving multiple max deals to guys other than Jokic they are just guys because they are non all star players.  But when you are looking at the possibility of Atlanta trading for Siakam who is both a multiple All-Star and All-NBA player you think it would be crippling for the team to get him and give him a max (non-supermax) deal like both Porter Jr. and Murray have?

• Like 2

I thought this was a good (short) read.  I believe it was @AHF or @thecampster who has been trying to stress the point of allowing RFA to work for us.  This is a good example of that very point.  Basically, the Lakers were able to keep Reaves at half price just because of the threat of being able to match an offer sheet.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/07/spurs-considered-lucrative-offer-sheet-for-austin-reaves.html

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Re-sign*

In @sturt's absence, I feel compelled to correct this.  Sorry you had to be first, but I can't read about any more player resignations without speaking up.

I would feel a lot worse if I had talking about a player "resignation" when I was trying to talk about a player who had signed a follow-up contract with a team but you are 100% correct that I was missing the dash.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kind of feel like you are all over the place on this.  When you see that Denver is giving multiple max deals to guys other than Jokic they are just guys because they are non all star players.  But when you are looking at the possibility of Atlanta trading for Siakam who is both a multiple All-Star and All-NBA player you think it would be crippling for the team to get him and give him a max (non-supermax) deal like both Porter Jr. and Murray have?

What???  Can we stick to one discussion?  Jokic is a bargain because he is the only star/Superstar/All star/ All NBA player on that team and he just won a championship.  Lenard and Geoarge didn't do it, Durant, Paul and Booker didn't do, Kyrie, Harden, and Durant didn't do it, Tatum and Brown didn't do it, Embiid and Harden didn't do, Lebron and Davis didn't do it, Luka and Kyrie didn't do it and on and on.  But Jokic and a bunch of non all-stars did it now give this guy his props!  Goodness!

• Confused 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

What???  Can we stick to one discussion?  Jokic is a bargain because he is the only star/Superstar/All star/ All NBA player on that team and he just won a championship.  Lenard and Geoarge didn't do it, Durant, Paul and Booker didn't do, Kyrie, Harden, and Durant didn't do it, Tatum and Brown didn't do it, Embiid and Harden didn't do, Lebron and Davis didn't do it, Luka and Kyrie didn't do it and on and on.  But Jokic and a bunch of non all-stars did it now give this guy his props!  Goodness!

I agree with you that Jokic is a fantastic bargain and a great deal.  I just think someone like Jamal Murray is far from "just a guy."  I am debating with you about Murray not Jokic.  There is a really good chance Murray will be an All-Star next year (and would have been already) if he stays healthy, imo.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hawkish said:

I’m embarrassed to be an American viewer of professional sports.

Be glad you don't live in Saudi Arabia.

They are paying 1 billion (yes, billion with a B)  Euros to sign Kylian McBappes to a 1 year deal.  300M for the transfer fee and 700M for his one year salary.  Puts the NBA salaries we are talking about to shame.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/07/25/kylian-mbappes-family-accept-record-breaking-e1bn-offer-from-al-hilal

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree with you that Jokic is a fantastic bargain and a great deal.  I just think someone like Jamal Murray is far from "just a guy."  I am debating with you about Murray not Jokic.  There is a really good chance Murray will be an All-Star next year (and would have been already) if he stays healthy, imo.  

Maybe but right now he is not!  His season was not an all star type season.  His playoffs were better but most of that's team's success was because of Jokic period.  You take Jokic off that team and they might not even make the playoffs period

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Be glad you don't live in Saudi Arabia.

They are paying 1 billion (yes, billion with a B)  Euros to sign Kylian McBappes to a 1 year deal.  300M for the transfer fee and 700M for his one year salary.  Puts the NBA salaries we are talking about to shame.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/07/25/kylian-mbappes-family-accept-record-breaking-e1bn-offer-from-al-hilal

Tragic