• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Other thoughts: first quarter and about halfway through second we ran an actual offense. Then someone flipped a switch and it was Hero Ball between Trae and DJM until the fourth quarter when we started moving the ball again.

Hero Ball needs to die. 

I know people are vastly overreacting to this game but I will say this: if it comes down to Trae or Snyder I stand behind the coach. Trae has to stop trying to Hero Ball and fit into the system. Heliocentric offense only goes so far. There ARE times you need it especially  in the playoffs but not like this.

This needs to be brought up way more often… a HUGE chunk of our losses from last year came from DJ and Trae hero balling it out to end games. Its a severe problem that needs to be addressed ASAP

• Like 2

• Premium Member

@Sothron. You said the powers that be want the Hawks  to lead the league in assists vs Trae leading the league - not a good start. Hornets with 34 assist, Hawks 24, Trae with 9, DJ with 6 - where are the rest going to come from in the starting lineup? They had 1 between Dre, Bey and CC.

• Like 1

Well the past few seasons, the team came out like gang busters and had us all hyped to just finish around .500.  Its early season and there's a ton of overreaction in here. 

The Hawks struggle against the hornets for some odd reason. Trae never shoots well against them unless its a play-in.  

Not even disappointed cause like I said.  This team is a .500 team until they prove otherwise. Really hoping they prove otherwise.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron. You said the powers that be want the Hawks  to lead the league in assists vs Trae leading the league - not a good start. Hornets with 34 assist, Hawks 24, Trae with 9, DJ with 6 - where are the rest going to come from in the starting lineup? They had 1 between Dre, Bey and CC.

That's misleading though.  They missed a bunch of good looks.

2 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Gotcha, let's keep blowing it up until we get Jordan or LeBron. Glad to know you live in reality

No one said "Blow it up"

We are talking about Trae!! There are other players that have been playing like ass (especially Dre who I want traded) but Trae is the one that has the ball in his hand most of the time. He's the one that consistently cripples the offense. And no not just this game.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think you can have three guys in your starting front court who struggle to pass and make the right reads.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Trae and Murray are bricking shots, they don't get the assist right?

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe, but I don't think between Dre, Bey and CC we'll get a ton of assists that'll open things up for others.

They should have more than tonight. The good passing lineup comes from the bench.  The qualifier of saying were the assists will come from the starters to me is misleading.

Bogi, Jalen and OO are plus passers for their position so that's where the other assists will come from when the team is playing well.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This is only one game and we'll see how things develop.  I'm not seeing a significant gap between the starting five and the first four off the bench.  We all know contracts play a role in deciding who starts, but they may not be able roll with that philosophy much longer.  I think Jalen and Bey need to be the starting fowards.

• Like 2