• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If Trae and Murray are bricking shots, they don't get the assist right?

But Trae and Murray had too much one on one...my point still stands, I'm concerned about the front courts ability to iniate offense for others. 

I'm saying JJ should start 😎

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

No one said "Blow it up"

We are talking about Trae!! There are other players that have been playing like ass (especially Dre who I want traded) but Trae is the one that has the ball in his hand most of the time. He's the one that consistently cripples the offense. And no not just this game.

Our starting lineup will never be a high volume, Good percentage 3 point team that Quin likes as currently constructed..... Not capable. Dre can't get off enough. Trae and DJ can't shoot

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But Trae and Murray had too much one on one...my point still stands, I'm concerned about the front courts ability to iniate offense for others. 

I'm saying JJ should start 😎

Even JJ got neutralized in the 2nd half by those 2

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

This is only one game and we'll see how things develop.  I'm not seeing a significant gap between the starting five and the first four off the bench.  We all know contracts play a role in deciding who starts, but they may not be able roll with that philosophy much longer.  I think Jalen and Bey need to be the starting fowards.

Yes. Nothing against Dre but I think his time has to come to an end here. Bey fits much better offensively with the starting 5. JJ looks like he's about to break out.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yes. Nothing against Dre but I think his time has to come to an end here. Bey fits much better offensively with the starting 5. JJ looks like he's about to break out.

There is no fit with those guys!  If they are going to continue to kill momentum like they always do by dominating the ball and the shots at the wrong time, there is no personnel fix for a Trae/Murray led team

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe, but I don't think between Dre, Bey and CC we'll get a ton of assists that'll open things up for others.

The offense we saw in the preseason opened up the offense for everyone to shoot and even get quality touches. We saw that in spurts tonight but not consistently 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Meanwhile, San Antonio tanked, got 3 firsts from Atlanta, Wemby and appear to be a monster squad, AGAIN, while the Hawks still can't even get TO a NBA finals.

I dont know about monster squad yet, but yeah.... smh

I’d really like to see a stretch of games starting:

Trae / DJM / Bey / JJ / OO

A lot of Trae’s and DJ’s early issues were caused by getting stuffed in the paint by Williams who was able to camp out there (Capela…..). 

JJ earned the starting 4 tonight and I loved Bey’s energy.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

The offense we saw in the preseason opened up the offense for everyone to shoot and even get quality touches. We saw that in spurts tonight but not consistently 

But every time the Hawks went on a run and got close or took the lead late, the Ole shoot em trae offense re-emerged at the absolute wrong time.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

A few more posts to get to 25.

image.gif.619ad4069cd8e059cbcea02bcf3e6571.gif

Usually I am right there with the negative Nancy's but I seen a lot I liked tonight defensively. We definitely could have finished better but patience is what I have see what the preseason in full execution 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But every time the Hawks went on a run and got close or took the lead late, the Ole shoot em trae offense re-emerged at the absolute wrong time.

He has to mentally get out of the mode of hero ball. It's going to take time. 

Luka is sick. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Quin On what slowed the offensive rhythm in 2nd and 3rd...the things we know we want to do are not habitual yet and need to keep working: moving the ball early in possessions,  not trained the way they need to be yet. Just didn't do the things enough.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

This needs to be brought up way more often… a HUGE chunk of our losses from last year came from DJ and Trae hero balling it out to end games. Its a severe problem that needs to be addressed ASAP

Damn I didn’t get to see the game but I kinda had been thinking lately that they should just let Trae be Trae because he absolutely refused to even think about moving without the ball last year. So this kinda confirms what I was worried about the team need to pick a direction and that direction wasn’t picked this offseason.