• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can we do something about our 1st quarter malaise?  Why are we not ready to play?

My thought is to send a message to guys right away.  For instance, you pass up an open shot...you come sit down for a minute or two.  Doesn't matter if you scored points or not.  Quin has got to show his players that the right execution and attention to detail on both ends for 48 minutes is a requirement, not optional.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

My thought is to send a message to guys right away.  For instance, you pass up an open shot...you come sit down for a minute or two.  Doesn't matter if you scored points or not.  Quin has got to show his players that the right execution and attention to detail on both ends for 48 minutes is a requirement, not optional.

Defense is the issue in the 1st quarter.  Defense and overall energy to start a game.

The Hawks act like an old car that haven't been started up in 13 years.  Takes it a while to start up and get its bearings together.  But once it runs for a while, the car is fine.

Here are some possible problematic lineups though.

image.thumb.png.3f4f349a9d6d18afbd62839a71436f7f.png

Seems like the lineups to watch are that 1st sub lineup, when Trae goes out and lineups where Trae and Okongwu are paired together.

image.thumb.png.39bdb0363c2de83a16d725c258f7c632.png

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Defense is the issue in the 1st quarter.  Defense and overall energy to start a game.

The Hawks act like an old car that haven't been started up in 13 years.  Takes it a while to start up and get its bearings together.  But once it runs for a while, the car is fine.

Here are some possible problematic lineups though.

image.thumb.png.3f4f349a9d6d18afbd62839a71436f7f.png

Seems like the lineups to watch are that 1st sub lineup, when Trae goes out and lineups where Trae and Okongwu are paired together.

image.thumb.png.39bdb0363c2de83a16d725c258f7c632.png

Defense is an issue to start games, but not the only issue.  Regardless of the end of the floor, the right habits will build a lot faster if guys know they're going sit for doing their own thing and not following the gameplan.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I think our defense has been more the culprit....lots of open 3s.  Better defense will help the offense.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 11/11/2023 at 9:59 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I called this a trap game with heat starters out. This is what we do, play uninspired. Then compounded by what @lethalweapon3pointed out, the schedule makers did us no favours with a quick turnaround from the Mexico City game.

Probably already noted here, but while Orlando probably shaved off an hour or two in their flight time from CDMX, they did get home, with a 6 PM tipoff time, and took care of business against the Lillard-less Bucks.

~lw3

• Like 2