• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Just embarrassing is how I describe this game … embarrassing… Miami is playing a bunch of nobodies and Bam and they kicked our asses … just embarrassing 

I thought it would be a Hawks blowout on paper but not surprised at the result at all.  Even with Jimmy out the heat still have the best player on the floor in Bam.

Dru Smith was undrafted, waived by the heat 3 times, and now on a two-way contract.  He’s rewarded Spo with a 127 offensive rating to 108 defensive.  I wished Quinn was astute enough to play Trent more.  He’d be getting at least 15 minutes per under Spo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It's time to move on from Trae Young and Clint Capela.

We've maxed out in the Trae Young era..

ECF covid run was the TOP of our mountain IMO...

I hope Im proved wrong but I seriously doubt it..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hawks lack of size, post presence and rim protection shows up when they are dominated by an undersized center. To become more competitive in the east they must address the front court.    JJ and DH have to become consistent scorers. What would really help is if one can become a twenty pt scorer or if they can acquire a front court scorer.

Hawks are at their best when pushing pace and moving the ball. Less dribbling more passing. It's early Quin is working on it.

This team will have some nice performances, but overall it looks like the same old song and dance. Mediocrity. People always say that it takes Trae and month or two to get going. 

Well, that's part of the reason they are basically having the same up hill battle every year to barely squeeze into the playoffs.

It's going to take more than a coaching change to fix this team. To make it notably better than it has been the last few years.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team will have some nice performances, but overall it looks like the same old song and dance. Mediocrity. People always say that it takes Trae and month or two to get going. 

Well, that's part of the reason they are basically having the same up hill battle every year to barely squeeze into the playoffs.

It's going to take more than a coaching change to fix this team. To make it notably better than it has been the last few years.

download.jpg.082f4e138a2103a022e972619529e0b3.jpg

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

21 TO's was the difference in this game. Our backcourt has to start taking better care of the ball.

Yes they do, but The TOs this game wasn't solely on the backcourt though.....Bey 4, Hunter 3, Johnson 3, Bogi 2. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1