• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I'll say nothing about Trae, but CC is much better than OO. 

Yeah OO looks like a journeyman backup most nights..

NO way he can be our starting center..

Hawks need some length man..

Schlenk was allergic to it obviously..

In what world is a 6'1 pg paired with a 6'8 center gonna win you a Championship??

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

If we had some young athletic dogs with size I think we would be Ok with our backcourt.  A backup point could be used if Bufkin isn't ready. As is i can't see us improving much from last year without another consistent scorer and a real big. How tall is OO really 6'8'', 6'9'' or 6'10''. I've seen all three.

The Hawks have one of the worst analytic departments in the league.  I’ve long stopped blaming Trae for anything, I knew what he was and what he wasn’t since a rookie.  it’s up to the staff to realize 34 minutes per for his career is insane.  Once again only Julius Randle is worse among rotation players in field goals subtracted:

IMG_8436.thumb.jpeg.2361e119853db6a2f8551aa8bd6bf1d3.jpeg

Factor in his league-leading total turnovers since ‘18:IMG_8437.thumb.jpeg.fdce312bc2295a676f3ec1c16d243cb8.jpeg

…and the fact the Hawks assist percentage is virtually unchanged when he’s off the floor for the second straight season:

IMG_8438.jpeg.9278d946f39cba96aaea2ea4063c1d1d.jpeg
(+1% last season)

It’s simply poor Basketball Ops.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

EVERY SINGLE GAME....BEY STEPS OUT OF BOUNDS! :blanky:

If Bey steps out of bounds in that corner again, I'll reach thru my TV and throat punch him.....EVERY SINGLE GAME HE DOES THIS!!! 

The width of the court has not changed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The Hawks have one of the worst analytic departments in the league.  I’ve long stopped blaming Trae for anything, I knew what he was and what he wasn’t since a rookie.  it’s up to the staff to realize 34 minutes per for his career is insane.  Once again only Julius Randle is worse among rotation players in field goals subtracted:

IMG_8436.thumb.jpeg.2361e119853db6a2f8551aa8bd6bf1d3.jpeg

Factor in his league-leading total turnovers since ‘18:IMG_8437.thumb.jpeg.fdce312bc2295a676f3ec1c16d243cb8.jpeg

…and the fact the Hawks assist percentage is virtually unchanged when he’s off the floor for the second straight season:

IMG_8438.jpeg.9278d946f39cba96aaea2ea4063c1d1d.jpeg
(+1% last season)

It’s simply poor Basketball Ops.

Unfortunately you can't sell a low information public on analytical data. All they see is PPG and APG. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes they do, but The TOs this game wasn't solely on the backcourt though.....Bey 4, Hunter 3, Johnson 3, Bogi 2. 

And one of Johnson's turnovers should go to Hunter.  At the beginning of the third, Hunter receives the ball with an open look.  Instead he drove the ball and lost it.  Jalen picks it up in the corner with no where to go and gets called for traveling 😒

• Like 1

Just finished watching this miserable display of Hawks offense and defense. From the tip we went through the motions and guys like HI 👋 MAYYY HOCKEZZ (ya I don’t care about the spelling with the hippie) and Hightower (not police academy dude) and Duncan Frickin Robinson who I cannot be the only one who wants to punching his face all go off on our starters. 

And when we play like crap, we all play like crap. Everyone was bad but a special shout-out again to HUNTER who is just absolute trash 🗑️. I hate everything about dude from his awkward silence to his soft azz. HIS DEFENSE IS OVERRATED TRADE HIM YESTERDAY!!!!! 😡 Fck bro how many chances for this “special” guy. Is he slow? Seriously? 

DJ seemed to be trying to get us out of it.

Trae was horrible.

Bogi missed.

OO stunk minus a couple good swats.IMG_1123.thumb.jpeg.182eed54f5acfe8c5f5edd91da9773f7.jpeg

Can we get a notification 📣 from the Hawks that when they are planning on playing with no heart 💜 to let us know? 

ps The refs were horrible even :Bob: was saying they were treating their rookie guy Pablo Hockez Escobar III like a vet with those calls. I think the ref was BEN Schwab, terrible 😞 IMG_1124.jpeg.f15860397cf3fe572e6283eb2846cf37.jpeg

The worst game of the season was tonight for me, and that’s prolly including our losses.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Bey steps out of bounds in that corner again, I'll reach thru my TV and throat punch him.....EVERY SINGLE GAME HE DOES THIS!!! 

The width of the court has not changed.

Ya I pointed this out as well in game 4 and threw a picture on as well. His heels always hit the end lines, annoying unnecessary turnover. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2