• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dnice said:

Schedule after  Mexico? It didn't bother Orlando. 

I don’t understand this narrative either.  Its only a 3 and a half hour flight and one time zone, and we had a day off rest inbetween… we just shit the bed tonight— folded to the pressure the end of bench Heat players put on us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

The Hawks have one of the worst analytic departments in the league.  I’ve long stopped blaming Trae for anything, I knew what he was and what he wasn’t since a rookie.  it’s up to the staff to realize 34 minutes per for his career is insane.  

Sorry but that is a cop out. Trae should not get a pass because he hasn’t improved since his rookie season.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

The Hawks have one of the worst analytic departments in the league.  I’ve long stopped blaming Trae for anything, I knew what he was and what he wasn’t since a rookie.  it’s up to the staff to realize 34 minutes per for his career is insane.  Once again only Julius Randle is worse among rotation players in field goals subtracted:

IMG_8436.thumb.jpeg.2361e119853db6a2f8551aa8bd6bf1d3.jpeg

Factor in his league-leading total turnovers since ‘18:IMG_8437.thumb.jpeg.fdce312bc2295a676f3ec1c16d243cb8.jpeg

…and the fact the Hawks assist percentage is virtually unchanged when he’s off the floor for the second straight season:

IMG_8438.jpeg.9278d946f39cba96aaea2ea4063c1d1d.jpeg
(+1% last season)

It’s simply poor Basketball Ops.

Trae has been empowered to sell tickets at the expense of winning games since day 1 and that has been a tough genie to put back in the bottle (if Ressler even has a desire to), despite our coaching staffs best efforts.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae has been empowered to sell tickets at the expense of winning games since day 1 and that has been a tough genie to put back in the bottle (if Ressler even has a desire to), despite our coaching staffs best efforts.  

Nah he's just "bored". Ice Trae just needs to keep shooting it, he'll break out of this slump soon. I promise!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

called this a trap game with heat starters out.

Thanks and it was which means we have fully matured. Just showing up nightly and giving it 💯 and playing OUR GAME no matter the opponent. Shiiiii we woulda lost to me cagey and that one old dude from back in the day that smelled like tequila and cigarettes but had a killer turnaround.

Quin needs to walk in there tomorrow and say listen guys.. I don’t care if they roll out Mo, Curly and Larry out there (sorry kg for the stooges ref) but we gotta whoop them 119-2 (the 2 coming off Mo bouncing the 🏀 off Curly’s head on accident).

Duncan Robinson.. Hightower and some dude that I never heard of in my life wit a pony tail out working us. I want to be know as a grind team, a gutty team with good habits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I get the feeling that Trae only truly understand what he needs to do to get his base numbers. The bottomline is that 4 of the teams 5 starters are supposed to be at least slightly above average on defense. Then OO. Then a head coach that supposedly is about defense. The Hawks still get run over by a team missing its leading scorer, but Trae talks about needing to take more shots.

It's not all on him. OO should be making the push to be a starter, but it's like I said.... Does he have the desire to get there, or his he just happy to be in the NBA? I think that is his biggest problem.

He is not Bam. He doesn't have a beast mode.

JJ has way more desire than him.

As for Hunter, he is just a role player.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Premium Member

Basketball gods were against us on this one.

Before I get into that... people don't understand that the Hawks spent time travelling, getting back reacclimated to the altitude while the Heat been in Atlanta since Wednesday.   Not that it's that big of a difference but the game plan to jump on us early worked. 

Now.. Basketball gods against us..

I saw HighSmith shoot a three pointer like a 7th grade girl.   All kind of BS shots were going in... Refs were just allowing them to mug us.   Trae got Teed up because he complained after being mugged right in front of the referee.  Dude did a waistelock take down on Trae right in front of the ref and the ref acted like he didn't see anything. 

It was personal between the Hawks and the Refs when Quin called his challenge.  Kennedy said, "the calling has been challenged by The Head Coach of the Atlanta Hawks.".   I have never heard any ref use that specificity in calling for a challenge.  That was personal. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Basketball gods were against us on this one.

Before I get into that... people don't understand that the Hawks spent time travelling, getting back reacclimated to the altitude while the Heat been in Atlanta since Wednesday.   Not that it's that big of a difference but the game plan to jump on us early worked. 

Now.. Basketball gods against us..

I saw HighSmith shoot a three pointer like a 7th grade girl.   All kind of BS shots were going in... Refs were just allowing them to mug us.   Trae got Teed up because he complained after being mugged right in front of the referee.  Dude did a waistelock take down on Trae right in front of the ref and the ref acted like he didn't see anything. 

It was personal between the Hawks and the Refs when Quin called his challenge.  Kennedy said, "the calling has been challenged by The Head Coach of the Atlanta Hawks.".   I have never heard any ref use that specificity in calling for a challenge.  That was personal. 

I do agree that we could have made a run but the thuggery that is allowed when we play the Heat is off the charts.  It's completely disrespectful and borders on the bizarre.  

That being said the Heat were also making plays and making shots.  We did come out with low energy and poor execution not related to the special referee treatment of #HeatCulture.  

The trend is a problem. 

One silver lining is Murray is up to 41.8% on 3's.  Dude is getting reliable from the outside and won the game for us in Orlando with his shot.  

• Like 3