• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Anyone else kinda sigh 😔 to themselves when we drew up the first play of the game for Hunter and he blew it. It’s one play but I got it in my mind that he was gonna stink the rest of the night and he did.

Could we trade him to the Lakers for Cam? 🤨 🏃‍♀️ 2019 Draft was absolutely brutal for us and that’s the precise draft we that we decided to keep 2 picks in the top 10. Wow. Talk about bad luck.

I was mad for getting a Cam jersey but had I gotten Hunter I would have 🔥 the thing by now. Don’t talk to me about his defense either, at times he’s trippin over his own feet. No namers school him left and right.

We would take a hit to trade Hunter but I’d do it by February if there are takers.

I feel you on this one— I grabbed a Cam and Hunter jersey lol, really believed in them both.  I never thought Hunter would be more than a borderline allstar but I liked his game and thought he would be a consistent rock on defense and mediocre to good on offense.  I really thought Cam could be our best player, even into his sophomore year, but I’ll admit I didn’t watch him in college and didnt expect him to be a bit of a head case

• Like 1

If Hunter could at least impact the game in other ways, it would take the heat off of his scoring. Things like deflections, rebounding, box outs, and passing. He doesn’t do enough of the little things. The energy plays. Despite having the “ideal frame” and athleticism.

We are missing buy in from guys to make winning basketball plays regardless if their shot is falling.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I really thought Cam could be our best player, even into his sophomore year,

That game 6 against the Bucks. Dang he was on his way. 😞 I like his game it’s smooth, I think many liked that about him. 

I didn’t love us trading up to #4 for Hunter giving up 10 and 17 I think and something else. I realize we couldn’t have carried 3 rookies but I would have been happier with them grabbing one rookie and trading out of one of the picks. I mean, the deal was alright if it was a game changer but even then I was thinking Hunter isn’t a game changer and to me, he should have been 6th or 7th overall but he won a title and that helped. 

Title runs by Virginia with Hunter and North Carolina with Marvin shining really screws the Hawks. Ugh 😑 

Honestly, I’m just elated with hit on Trae.

JC gone

Huerter gone

Cam gone

Hunter.. we shall see, I don’t like his game or heart 💜.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

It does seem like Hunter's return to normal has been eerily on trend with the team's return to .500 Hawks.  

In fairness, it also corresponds to him playing hurt.  Him being healthy is important for this team.  Just hasn’t happened enough career to date.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 8:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Did a better job on defense holding heat to only 22 points in 2nd after giving up 41 in the first.

Good 2nd quarter or terrible 1st quarter?  Defense slept thru the 1st!

:ahf:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.33f7120219191eaf5a28880a2291bee8.gif

I couldn’t really come up with any great trades, not at least any that make sense. 
The only ones I could come up with are trading SF for SF(s), but why do that?

Hunter for McDermott and Osman

or

Hunter for Keldon Johnson 

They wouldn’t trade Vassel, Sochan, or Wemby of course. Their roster is pretty unremarkable otherwise, unless there are gems I’m not aware of. Thin at front court and PG. 

• Like 1

Bey = Big Foot!  He continues to find that "Out of bounds" line from the corner.

Hawks draft pick, 1st round, has a fractured thumb and can't play right now for either the Hawks or Skyhawks.  Terrible Trae is playing too many minutes.  We need someone to give him more bench time.  Bufkin not ready, even if he was healthy.

Yep.  Hawks got run over and refs allowed it.  We should have known this.  Not the 1st time this has happened.

Team effort!  We really can't blame any one player for this loss.  It was a real team effort.  Turnovers everywhere.  Missed open shots.  Sleepwalking defense on the three point line, which is the usual thing.  You know that you are in real trouble when, late in the 4th quarter, you must have three of those three point shots go in while you completely stop your opponent from scoring.

Yes, Atlanta lost the 1st quarter and with it, the entire game!  Lesson learned?  We hope so.  Falcons lost.  Hawks lost.  On a happy note, Skyhawks won !!  

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:  GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Hunter for Keldon Johnson 

Keldon is one of their top dudes and I had my eyes On him coming out of the draft, I doubt they move him but with Wemby on board, anyone can get moved to create flexibility for 2-3 years from now when they start their push.

I’ll take the x wildcat in a heartbeat though. He plays the tough man role like Bey for us. @AHF your thoughts on Ashley Judd’s boy? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll take the x wildcat in a heartbeat though. He plays the tough man role like Bey for us. @AHF your thoughts on Ashley Judd’s boy? 

He has really exceeded both my expectations and those of all the teams that passed on him.  Love seeing it for him.

• Like 2