• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Any blaming of individual players after this game is a bit overblown.

As a team, we simply didn’t match the early energy of the Heat. We lost the 1st quarter by 17, and won the last three quarters by 9. We were smacked in the face early and could not dig ourselves out of the hole.

The refs were a big factor, our lack of toughness with the ball was a big factor, and our mental focus was a big factor.

Those were the prevailing factors that did us in. No finger pointing, because everyone contributed to these issues.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Did you watch Hunter? 

Hunter has the same flaws that he has always had. Nothing new. 

I can’t blame our guys when the refs let this get out of hand.

We are still missing that enforcer who will stand up for the team. I am sick of seeing us pushed around.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We are still missing that enforcer who will stand up for the team. I am sick of seeing us pushed around.

I'd prefer if every player increase their toughness metre. They've played the heat enough to know they have to take the fight to them.

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, kg01 said:

Just gimme a 48-minute, professional effort bois. 

My jinx game is in playoff form, apparently.  My reverse-jinx game did not add anything in the offseason.  I'm committed to getting into the gym and doing better from now on.  Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers.

- from the desk of kg01 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd prefer if every player increase their toughness metre. They've played the heat enough to know they have to take the fight to them.

And they should know the whole 'lay on the ground after uncalled contact' thing is pretty useless.

That one ref was complicit ..... but still, we know better. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone concerned that Trae is seeing an increase in minutes? 

What's the plan for a real backup PG so it doesn't always have to be either Trae or DJ.

I’ve been dumbfounded by his minutes since day one.  Jalen, Bogi, and Trent can initiate offense much more than they do.  Not to mention the nonexistent early returns on our first round pick.  Look at the heat last night, all 8 of their guys initiated offense beyond halfcourt outside of Kevin Love, who does his fair share off rebound outlets.  But no the Hawks want to increase the minutes of the Total Turnover King since he entered the league, makes total sense.

• Confused 1

Anyone else kinda sigh 😔 to themselves when we drew up the first play of the game for Hunter and he blew it. It’s one play but I got it in my mind that he was gonna stink the rest of the night and he did.

Could we trade him to the Lakers for Cam? 🤨 🏃‍♀️ 2019 Draft was absolutely brutal for us and that’s the precise draft we that we decided to keep 2 picks in the top 10. Wow. Talk about bad luck.

I was mad for getting a Cam jersey but had I gotten Hunter I would have 🔥 the thing by now. Don’t talk to me about his defense either, at times he’s trippin over his own feet. No namers school him left and right.

We would take a hit to trade Hunter but I’d do it by February if there are takers.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Anyone else kinda sigh 😔 to themselves when we drew up the first play of the game for Hunter and he blew it. It’s one play but I got it in my mind that he was gonna stink the rest of the night and he did.

Could we trade him to the Lakers for Cam? 🤨 🏃‍♀️ 2019 Draft was absolutely brutal for us and that’s the precise draft we that we decided to keep 2 picks in the top 10. Wow. Talk about bad luck.

I was mad for getting a Cam jersey but had I gotten Hunter I would have 🔥 the thing by now. Don’t talk to me about his defense either, at times he’s trippin over his own feet. No namers school him left and right.

His Def has regressed this year

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone concerned that Trae is seeing an increase in minutes? 

What's the plan for a real backup PG so it doesn't always have to be either Trae or DJ.

This is what I would strengthen position wise in a Hunter/Capela type trade. Could we get a Tyus Jones or dude on Spurs or his brother on the Grizz, those dudes play some efficient minutes.

Our roster needs a quality backup to Trae like Tre 🤨 

Trae Tyus Tre TTT3 🤷‍♀️ 

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

His Def has regressed this year

Everyone kept saying we aren’t seeing him his summer because he’s dedicated to the gym and working in his game. 

I don’t see any evidence to that. Yes he hits open 3’s but he misses a lot in set plays too. 

Sad thing is I don’t even think he was playing down to his opponents like the rest of our team. He seriously struggles against nobodies that we could pick up from the G league. Get Gueye up here and send Hunter to the D league and give him a wake up call.

@JayBirdHawk can you send a vet to the G league if they aren’t coming off injury? I’ve never really seen it but vets that struggle should be sent down like Hunter. Honestly, he literally brings us down a notch as a team.

The only thing Hunter is a positive in is he stays out of trouble off court… that’s it.

Even when he does well I can’t get too excited cuz I know at some point in the game he will fck it up and give them points back. His BBIQ stinks, he’s choppy and mechanical. 

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😆 not unless he agrees to go.

I understand physical tools and talent but do we have anyone that can further develop Hunter somehow? Korver? Somebody take this man under their wing and help us. Wonder what Pop could get out of Hunter. 🧐 

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I’ve been dumbfounded by his minutes since day one.  Jalen, Bogi, and Trent can initiate offense much more than they do.  Not to mention the nonexistent early returns on our first round pick.  Look at the heat last night, all 8 of their guys initiated offense beyond halfcourt outside of Kevin Love, who does his fair share off rebound outlets.  But no the Hawks want to increase the minutes of the Total Turnover King since he entered the league, makes total sense.

You must have ignored how bad that 1st quarter went when everyone not named Trae tried to initiate the offense. 

But keep going, please.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah so true BHB...Let's take it oldschool and throw Kobe out there with a fractured thumb. I'm sure he'd be a way better offensive engine than the guy who has the most assists in the entire league 🙄