• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons -- IST Group Play Game 1

lethalweapon3

37 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

intangibles.  I haven't seen it from Hunter,

This.

There were a few scrambles for loose balls and one that was a 50/50 and I thought to myself… I bet Hunt won’t get it, and he didn’t. I mean, plays like that can go either way but I feel like if it’s a struggle and a fight for it Bunter won’t end up with the rock. I don’t get it, his body looks strong but I think he’s fragile like Marv, remember Marv was consistently on the ground? Ugh 😑 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Well Trae is back tonight against the Knicks and JJ had a swat for baby Teal! 🥳 

2k in the making… 🤨 

IMG_1173.jpeg

I know it makes me a "hater",  old school, and hopelessly out of touch or whatever, but I just enjoy watching this team more without Trae Young....

Edited by terrell

Detroit has only two wins this season.  They were missing several players, out with injuries.  Last night's starters / players were not their expected starting five.  Hawks have always had trouble, as do most NBA teams, when they don't know the players that they will be facing.

Considering all this, I believe the Pistons had a great game, though a losing one.  If and when they get healthy they will be good.  We have two of our three draft picks out, on the injured list.  Hawks have been fortunate.

Now, with Papa Smurf returning, Hawks need to play a great game and polish off NY!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:  GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know about that...in the heat of trying to win a close game, you want to focus on winning first. He misses that shot, Detroit hits a quick 3, then quick fouls Capela ....then things get interesting. Too many moving things to think margin of victory was at the fore front.

Yeah, that makes me think about football for a moment.  Football has some obvious strategic plays that can win or lose the very game a player is in but guys routinely make stupid decisions in those moments because they are in the moment and can't think even a little bit abstractly.  I'm thinking about running backs or receivers who get a first down when they are down by 1 or 2 points but charge into the end zone with 1:30 left (giving the other team an excellent chance to march back down and win the game compared to running out the clock and kicking a field goal that is akin to an extra point).  Or about defensive backs who when their team is winning and time is expiring try to pick off that last second pass and run it back instead just batting the ball into the ground as an incomplete (giving the other team a chance to strip them of the ball, etc. and win the game).  With the running back or receiver who just run into the end zone, it is truly exceptional to see that player make the smart play and lie down just before the end zone to maximize their team's ability to win.  (At least more DBs bat the ball down but a LOT try to get the interception and to run that back.)

The idea that in the waning seconds of a game one of our players was deciding whether to take shots or not in order to expand the margin of victory seems way too remote to be likely.  Seems way more likely that he just thought he could hit the shot and took it because he wanted to win this game and wasn't thinking as much as maybe he should have about clock management.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know about that...in the heat of trying to win a close game, you want to focus on winning first. He misses that shot, Detroit hits a quick 3, then quick fouls Capela ....then things get interesting. Too many moving things to think margin of victory was at the fore front.

Hence the use of theorized...lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This.

There were a few scrambles for loose balls and one that was a 50/50 and I thought to myself… I bet Hunt won’t get it, and he didn’t. I mean, plays like that can go either way but I feel like if it’s a struggle and a fight for it Bunter won’t end up with the rock. I don’t get it, his body looks strong but I think he’s fragile like Marv, remember Marv was consistently on the ground? Ugh 😑 

I have to agree.

The first 6 games, Hunter Hustled.  He worked.  He impressed.   These last few, he looks like the same ole guy from season's past.   I blame myself.  It should have been a season-long referendum on Hunter. 

image.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

HATER!!!!

😂

Yeah man I just got so used to all of those years of him dribbling the air out of the ball, and everyone else standing around watching him pound the ball, then bitch at the refs when he gets stuffed at the rim or his shot blocked. 😀 

He's been better this year so far though, Ill give him that (besides shooting)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How did Trent Forrest look running the team? I know he won't score much, how'd he look otherwise?

Mediocre.. not really aggressive or a threat to open up others but not good either 😂..

image.gif.403198281536517a2869c3f16b39d4c5.gif

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How did Trent Forrest look running the team? I know he won't score much, how'd he look otherwise?

He was average.   He was about like Mays was a few years ago.   Average. 

Here's the thing.   People really don't know that we have a superstar in Trae.  When I say people, I mean a lot of our fans.  Specifically the ones that want to trade Trae.   Trae may not be the player that they wanted... i.e. Luka... but Trae is a superstar.   They need to get over it. 

My erch on this point comes from the fact that I know what we waited through waiting for a guy who can do what Trae does.   When you see what Trae can do on paper, it's like looking at 2 guys.  One guy leading the league in Assist and one guy in the top 10 in PPG.   We got that in Trae.   He's Proven that he's clutch.  He's proven that he can carry the team... And every game, we have a few village idiots that talk about how much better the Hawks would be without him.   Really?  Where were you the last 30 years?

These Johnny come latelies kill me with their Playstation belief that it's easy to get a superstar.   Look around bitch... how many teams crave a superstar?  We've finally gotten to the place where we have one and we're so impatient that we would give him away.

DJ is a great player.  I am so glad that he's signed on for a while.   However, he's Robin.  It's no slight because he's more like Nightwing Robin.. Richard Grayson if you will.   Last night we struggle to score.  Bey turned it up in the 4th but the cast that we have are not the Justice League.   Hunter need to get his Wondertwin stuff together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1