• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons -- IST Group Play Game 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

My one suggestion for the Commissioner’s Office, looking ahead to future seasons, is that if this IST thing taking off is of utmost importance to the league, then they should look beyond the fancy floors and cutesy jerseys, and instead convene their best logISTics and schedule-makers to ensure that there is an off-day for all teams prior to, and after, each Group Play game.

agreed.

17 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Between November 25 and December 13, all but one of Atlanta’s nine scheduled NBA contests are away games. The exception occurs on December 11 versus the world-ish champion Denver Nuggets

Ouch!

18 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

PISTons lotto-rookie and ex-OTE star Ausar Thompson has been essential in bridging the rebounding and defensive gaps

Wish we had a BIG WING to grab some rebounds and defend like this kid. 

20 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

but Bey (team-high 8 bench rebounds but 4 TOs vs. MIA) has struggled to find his footing in Snyder’s rotation since being relegated to reserve duties.

...just need Bey to Catch and Shoot AND STOP STEPPING OUT OF BOUNDS!

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

IST

Let's Go Hawks!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Okay, fine, that's a good enough "personal reason." Welcome little miss Teal Dove to the Hawk family!

While Trae celebrates his newest bundle o' joy, and with Kobe Bufkin still sidelined, will we see assistant-coach-in-a-jersey Patty Mills make his Hawks debut today? Wesley Mathews got fresh off the injury list, and got Hawks Daddy-Son history going right with a pair of third-quarter threes in the loss to MIami. Will it be Patty's turn to make a splash, or will it be Trent Forrest doing spot duty, or will we get to witness the greatness that is Point Bogi?

On the Pistons' OUT list: Bojangles, Duren, Livers, Monte, Joe Harris. Jamelle has all three of the team's Two-Way players with him for tonight's home G-League debut at Wayne State Fieldhouse versus the Iowa Wolves.

~lw3

• Like 4

Slay us @lethalweapon3 like friggin poetry in motion. I haven’t been thinking about you in the shower 🚿 lately..  I take baths 🛁 😶 

Got the Hawks by 7 tonight, that was with Trae in. Kinda intrigued to see the Thompstud kid from the yay.. 🤒 baller alert ‼️ 

Vegas got Hawks -4.5

Go Hawks!!!

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1141.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Trae, being a new father of a bouncing baby girl, is taking the night off!

Our 1st round pick PG is out with a broken thumb.  Wonder who fills in tonight?

:smug:

Sign a 10-day, gm.  We know you can foul somebody atleast.  Make em feel you. 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Teal?

Trae to Charlotte confirmed?!! 

I said that yesterday Teal was gonna be a Hornets 🐝 fan. Name the girl Harry! 😂 

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sign a 10-day, gm.  We know you can foul somebody atleast.  Make em feel you. 

Bruno.. get ready baby, time to lay a peep out.. see this is what gets my beak wet! 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Different kind of load management he’s literally carry 8 pounds aka load 😊 

21 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Our 1st round pick PG is out with a broken thumb.  Wonder who fills in tonight?

On a night where he had 16 dimes for me on 2K no less! 😂 

• Moderators

We are right on the .500 cusp so this game has the chance to be an epic faceoff.  The Hawks need to be aggressive and come out like they are mainlining caffeine to prove they are the real thing and not just let some Piston's reserve come off the bench from out of nowhere and bomb us with 5 3's and a "surprise, you're dead just like every other time you let some no name go off against you." 

The morning after a loss like that always feels like everything's ruined.  Quin can't let us go digging our grave with a slow start.  Any m******f****** who comes out helpless and doesn't got that feeling needs to get out so we can play guys who are ready to be a superhero from the time the ball tips.  Otherwise, they can hit the bench or so help me I will take this bottle and curse them out as I stand naked in front of my computer. 

Embrace gameday, Hawks, and be a king for a day so I don't suffer a midlife crisis watching this team play down to a club like Detroit!

Also zombie eaters, crack hitler, cuckoo for caca, and woodpecker from mars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I said that yesterday Teal was gonna be a Hornets 🐝 fan. Name the girl Harry! 😂 

Spud:  True story.  Several years ago I had a dentist that I also sold insurance to.  His first name was Harry.  His full name was 

Dr Harry Dickey, DDS

• Haha 2

That boy Trae got a lifetime supply of perfectly tailored adidas track and sweatsuits.  I ain’t mad at him.

I’m intrigued to see this Sasser kid at Point, he’s got some outstanding metrics.  Second straight game versus a team getting far better value out of a later first round pick than the Hawks smh.  Meanwhile Cade Cunningham has apparently been moved from PG and is still awful.  I never got the Monty Williams fascination.  Much better suited as an assistant, and not even the lead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1