• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

There is that Trae to Spurs for a load rumor going around.

lol Wemby probably is the single best star pairing for Trae.  Scary duo honestly, but I have zero belief in any rumors of Trae to the Spurs.  Doesn't Pop not really like Trae?

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol Wemby probably is the single best star pairing for Trae.  Scary duo honestly, but I have zero belief in any rumors of Trae to the Spurs.  Doesn't Pop not really like Trae?

Pop may have not much to do with the decision, and even if he doesn't like Trae at 3 wins this year I'm sure he can be persuaded to work with 27-11 on 57% TS. and sub 4 turnovers. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Murray at his price is a desirable trade piece.  Enough?  Depends on the deal.  For example, Toronto might jump at a chance to deal OG Anunoby for DM since he can opt out of his contract and be an UFA at the end of the season.  Any team that would want FVV has to be interested in DM for $10M per year less.

OG at Trae salary is working backwards. Murray is more valuable in that case.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I"d love to hear a scenario where we trade Trae and create a contender without doing a rebuild.  I don't think there is one.  

I'm a believer in Trae.  I think moving on from him means going into the lottery for a few years.  We could definitely move on from him and continue to be a play in team but i don't see the point of that.  

If you think Trae is never going to be a #1 or #2 player on a contender then It must be frustrating to try to cheer for the Hawks right now.   we've seen what having the right #2 and right supporting cast can do.  

We can do this but we have to be smart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I"d love to hear a scenario where we trade Trae and create a contender without doing a rebuild.  I don't think there is one.  

I'm a believer in Trae.  I think moving on from him means going into the lottery for a few years.  We could definitely move on from him and continue to be a play in team but i don't see the point of that.  

If you think Trae is never going to be a #1 or #2 player on a contender then It must be frustrating to try to cheer for the Hawks right now.   we've seen what having the right #2 and right supporting cast can do.  

We can do this but we have to be smart.

We don't have contender pieces regardless who we trade. 

The best a trade can do is take us from .500 to Kings land and the .580 but there are no contender trades for us. We don't have a top 15 player. We need one of those. We had a couple chances with Hali for OO or Luka or SGA for Trae but blew it 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm withholding any negative view of this team until we see this team with JJ playing...   Think about it... 

We lost our starting PF and have been in games against some of the best teams in the league  and you guys are calling for the total makeover...

038a98b340fd4d2181e1f820f8060931.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

My thoughts, not from any sources, just me here:

If we have another .500 type season with a fight to get in the play in...we need to blow this team up in the offseason. Either fully trade in for a third star player or blow it for a rebuild. 

This complete  mediocre win/loss sneak in with a play in for yet another season is a nadir of a franchise. We can't go up or down like this. We win too much to get into the lottery and pray for a stud there. We win too little to get into the playoffs and at least have a shot of a second round birth.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

My thoughts, not from any sources, just me here:

If we have another .500 type season with a fight to get in the play in...we need to blow this team up in the offseason. Either fully trade in for a third star player or blow it for a rebuild. 

This complete  mediocre win/loss sneak in with a play in for yet another season is a nadir of a franchise. We can't go up or down like this. We win too much to get into the lottery and pray for a stud there. We win too little to get into the playoffs and at least have a shot of a second round birth.

#12 has to go.

Package him + some of our young guys, for an established frontcourt player.   Preferably an athletic frontcourt player.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

#12 has to go.

Package him + some of our young guys, for an established frontcourt player.   Preferably an athletic frontcourt player.

It was rough watching them pick and roll off him and him dying on the pic every time.  Does anybody teach punish the picker anymore.  He was being picked by Dimwiddie aka RZA from Wu Tang.   RZA is freakin 2 guard.   skin and bones.  I saw this big 6'9" 225 pound man crumble like Embiid when RZA touched him. 

When that wasn't happening, Mikal was running right past him.  I thought his thing was supposed to be defense?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It was rough watching them pick and roll off him and him dying on the pic every time.  Does anybody teach punish the picker anymore.  He was being picked by Dimwiddie aka RZA from Wu Tang.   RZA is freakin 2 guard.   skin and bones.  I saw this big 6'9" 225 pound man crumble like Embiid when RZA touched him. 

When that wasn't happening, Mikal was running right past him.  I thought his thing was supposed to be defense?

You will appreciate this more than most. Marvin was better than Dre. It kills my soul to say that one bust was better than another bust but it is true. Dre never developed the way TS believed he would.

I stand by my blow it up by trading all in for a third star. I would honestly not be opposed to a full rebuild but there's zero chance that happens.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

You will appreciate this more than most. Marvin was better than Dre. It kills my soul to say that one bust was better than another bust but it is true. Dre never developed the way TS believed he would.

I stand by my blow it up by trading all in for a third star. I would honestly not be opposed to a full rebuild but there's zero chance that happens.

I don't care for a full rebuild.  Mainly because I don't think we're there yet.   I've never seen so many fans bellyache about a 27/10 PG.  Only in Atlanta.  Let's define the problem..  The biggest problem right now is that we don't have our starting PF.  He fractured his wrist and everybody acts as though if he were here we would still lose to BKLN By 1 point...  Think about that.   We lost last night by 1 pt... on a Bad Missed called by the ref...  With Siddiq, OO, Dre,  and Matthues and Matthews playing PF by association.   Folks are here crying about how bad we suck...  with no consideration of the fact that we hit the floor for the past week and a half with no starting quality PF. 

IF we're a play in team.. so be it.  By the time JJ comes back and get in the groove, we'll be the type of Playin team that can knock off the 1 seed and go deep into the playoffs.