• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hawks ...... I needs this.  Please?! 😢

Agreed. 

Theyre probably gonna double Trae as soon as he crosses half court. Especially with as hot as he's been....

We’re going to need DJ, Bogi, Dre, and Bey to win this game for us. Make the extra pass. CRASH THE BOARDS(you too Dre).

Find a way to win!!

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, shakes said:

I've missed a couple, but have cheated on the pledge for a couple of games as well.   But only to watch Trae's minutes.     Will watch tonight since only other sports commitment I have is the Blackhawks game.

LOL ... how are you going to make a thread about a .500 pledge, then immediately break the pledge?

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

We’re going to need DJ, Bogi, Dre, and Bey to win this game for us. Make the extra pass. CRASH THE BOARDS(you too Dre).

Find a way to win!!

If they are doubling Trae again that leaves then 4 on 3.  Crisp passing should mean open shots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

@kg01 tonight is the Hawks sandwiched between GT football and GT hoops. No way I’m catching the GT hoops game, but a much younger version of me would have been stoked for this evening.

I feel you Cam.  I'm so pumped for for these 3 games tonight, but I just know my old butt is gonna be passed out by 9:00 😆

Edited by Phunkabilly
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

I feel you Cam.  I'm so pumped for for these 3 games tonight, but I just know my old butt is gonna be passed out by 9:00 😆

I’ve been trying to figure out who in the world I’m playing this week in the fantasy playoffs, it’s you based on your profile pic. Good luck! The Rams got you off to a good start.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

@kg01 tonight is the Hawks sandwiched between GT football and GT hoops. No way I’m catching the GT hoops game, but a much younger version of me would have been stoked for this evening.

Depending on your age a much younger version of you might’ve had a Dominique Wilkins - Mark Price double header to look forward to tonight.  Or maybe the great Kenny Anderson..

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, shakes said:

Depending on your age a much younger version of you might’ve had a Dominique Wilkins - Mark Price double header to look forward to tonight.  Or maybe the great Kenny Anderson..

I’m 38, nobody in my family was a hoops fan (baseball and some football) so I brought it on myself. By that time, I was watching the Smith/Mutombo/Blaylock days. GT hoops followed much later.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I’ve been trying to figure out who in the world I’m playing this week in the fantasy playoffs, it’s you based on your profile pic. Good luck! The Rams got you off to a good start.

Thanks for the reminder!  Almost forgot to set my defense, lol.  And best of luck to you as well.  Hope you get that silver medal! 😜

• Haha 1

I’m not worried about size versus the Heat, they play one of the smallest regular rotations with 6 nothing Kyle Lowry, a bunch of 6-5 guys and Bam/Love who are 6-8/6-9 respectively.

Where the Heat give teams problems is with their physicality and gang defense.

Hawks have to be ready to play through contact, hold on to the ball, and get back on defense. Miami’s game, without Jimmy, is to force mistakes and get out in transition. 

Just stay patient and play smart basketball.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Hunter is out tonight.  Smh, sigh.  They needed him tonight.

Smh.. His knee might be cooked..

13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dre is not reliable man… you can’t count on him to be healthy let alone bring his A game.

This