• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Those that are on team soft rebuild should look no further than this game. No vucevic and still losing is as embarrassing as it gets. Its beyond time to be a seller

Drum was a beast tonight.  Of course it's against a pansy team.  

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Rebounds Rebounds Rebounds...

They out rebounded us 57 to 48... and had 18 offensive rebounds.   That means that they got 18 second opportunities to score against our defense.   The first part of defense is securing the ball.   Yeah, we missed way too many threes... They were not much better.  We shot a better freaking percentage than they did.

This comes down to REBOUNDS... 

Quinn stop putting those 6'5" no rebounding jokers out there.. when you have Bruno.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Drummond cleaned house tonight.  We had nobody.  Weak as hell.  

Time to start blaming the coach for his lack of adjustments.

Despite DeRozan taking over the game at the end, JJ overall did a damn good job on him tonight.  He can play the 3.

Start and close with a big lineup.  Quin has to commit to this, or these things will keep happening.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Just tank the season already while we still have picks...

Maybe we get lucky...

Im so over this era Hawks tbh

A soft rebuild is ok by me.

I dont think theirs one player available whos gonna make us that much better unfortunately..

Ive been over this Trae era Hawks, but still support them.. But yeah. At least JJ is back to keep me watching...

Team is just too damn small.. Been saying it for years.. If they arent gonna put size around TRae they might as well trade him..

image.gif

5 minutes ago, BudBall said:

Honestly, If Nate was still our coach our record would not be much different. Really dissapointed in Snyder. Coach Bud is available 🙏.

Quin aint impressing me at all right now, but a new Coach isnt fixing this roster man..

How many coaches are we gonna blame?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

While I agree that I would like to see Bruno used more, let's not pretend he has much of a chance against Drummond.  He's smaller than Capela for crying out loud.  Hard for Quin to "play big" when your "big" guys are 6-8 / 6-9.  Think this is more on the front office for not getting Quin at least one 6-11 / 7-0 option on the bench.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Either add size or play size, but dammit we need size.

We are dangerously close to losing team morale. We’re not a good team and it’s becoming apparent to everyone in the building with each loss.

They dont care as long as theyre selling tickets.. Stop going to games is the only way

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Welcome back, Jalen.  Hope that Seth Lundy will be alright.  The defense was not good as usual.  But overall, they just didn't have it tonight.  On to the next one 💯!!!

The defense was much better than it is on most nights.

Held them to under 46% FG shooting.

But with all of the offensive rebounds they got, they scored 24 2nd chance points.

• Premium Member

The people crying about defense is half right.   We didn't secure the ball.   We shot a better percentage than they did.  That means that defensively, we held them in check better than they held us in check.  BUt we let them get 18 offensive rebounds. 

This is on the coach.   He's playing Forrest, Matthews, and Mathews at the 3.   Bruno should have seen some time.  Once it was evident that we were getting used on the boards, you got to do something coach.    Big Lineup. 

• Like 2

Fox, Sabonis, and Murray could sit out Friday’s game and the Kings will still win in a landslide.

Thats how much confidence I have in this current Hawks team...

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, Phunkabilly said:

While I agree that I would like to see Bruno used more, let's not pretend he has much of a chance against Drummond.  He's smaller than Capela for crying out loud.  Hard for Quin to "play big" when your "big" guys are 6-8 / 6-9.  Think this is more on the front office for not getting Quin at least one 6-11 / 7-0 option on the bench.

Bruno is stronger than Capela and OO.  Strength matters in the paint.

But the main thing about playing big, is also playing JJ at the 3.

That way you at least go 6 - 10 . . 6 - 9 . . 6 - 8

Not 6 - 10 . . 6 - 9 . . 6 - 5

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

I'm not saying that Capela don't play.. I'm saying when you feel the need to put in Garrison when Bogi and DJ is already on the court...  Put in Bruno and Move JJ to the 3... 

It didn't make sense to see OO, JJ, Garrison, Bogi, and DJ trying to do anything to stop Drummond.

We should have run a big lineup everytime he was on the court. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Either add size or play size, but dammit we need size.

We are dangerously close to losing team morale. We’re not a good team and it’s becoming apparent to everyone in the building with each loss.

3-9 in December. After Friday, probably 3-10. 4-9 at home.

Call me crazy, but I believe there is a stretch of 18 games beginning on 1/17 where I don’t think we win more than 4-5 games.Go look at the schedule in light of the Hawks “talents” and tell me I’m wrong. I fully expect to be 15+ games under .500 by the end of February with this current squad..

Hope Im wrong..

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bruno is stronger than Capela and OO.  Strength matters in the paint.

But the main thing about playing big, is also playing JJ at the 3.

That way you at least go 6 - 10 . . 6 - 9 . . 6 - 8

Not 6 - 10 . . 6 - 9 . . 6 - 5

Saying that Bruno is stronger than Capela seems very debatable.  From watching the games, they seem pretty similar to me.  But I would have to bet that Capela's 22% career rebound percentage and extra height and weight would have a better chance than Bruno and his 17% career rebound percentage of keeping Drummond off the boards.  Now I am all about moving JJ to the 3 and playing some combination of Cap/OO/Bruno at the 4 and 5 in a group effort to keep Drummond off the boards since everything else seemed to be failing.  But I think it's pretty alarming that we would have to resort to using 3 people to stop one guy on the boards.  We really need a tall, beefy dude as an option on the bench for these scenarios, even if he gets a DNP most games.  I'm just trying to make the point that Quin has his hands tied a bit with the current roster construction when it comes to defending really big dudes... I just don't think he should be the scapegoat.

• Thanks 1