• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is one of the most disappointing losses we have taken.  We're not so much better than the Bulls, but we are better.   Our bigs are being outclassed by the whole league on the boards.   Moreover, a big component is how we play small guys at the 3.   We can't run a three guard offense and expect to be a defensive force.   If the offense is not cooking in that three guard offense, then we will get kilt on the boards if we're not big otherwise.   Nothing against Saddiq.  He is our best offensive rebounder.   However,  OO and CC coming down with a collective 11 rebounds... when Drummond got almost as many on the offensive boards alone is not acceptable.  Blame who you want to because I know you will but the truth is we're not getting enough from OO and CC on the boards... and we're not supporting them enough with size.   In 18 minutes the Mat(t)hews gave us 1 rebound.   Do you see the problem?

Landry this will ultimately come down to you.   You have to find us some help on the boards. 

But  you disagreed with me when I said it would be a dissappointing ......... NVM...

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Trae's season defining streak is over and Capela missed a free throw.    Not sure what else could go wrong last night. Oh yea, we lost the game not that matters anymore.  This team is going to lose A LOT more games than it wins this year.

If you don't believe me here it is summed up in a Haiku....

Pathetic losers

Getting worse year after year

Bad franchise sucks balls

Nobody's gonna remember either one, because we stink

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This is getting insane.  Losing close games every night.  Sigh.  

We stink in crunchtine.. No closer. Just a bunch of wannabe heros.. Ive never seen such a thing at the end of qtrs.. We get stuck on stupid everytime.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

One of my sources and I talked after the game. Was asked for my honest opinion on the team and the direction. Gave my honest thoughts: keep Trae and JJ and make everyone else available to trade. Soft rebuild. If Ressler won't pay the LT (and he won't) this team just does not WORK. It depends entirely on Trae having a great game to win to make up for bad defense. 

You can't win that way on a consistent basis. This team is flawed. 

This has not happened yet but there's no way I can see Trae Young whose deal is up in two years to stick around for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

One of my sources and I talked after the game. Was asked for my honest opinion on the team and the direction. Gave my honest thoughts: keep Trae and JJ and make everyone else available to trade. Soft rebuild. If Ressler won't pay the LT (and he won't) this team just does not WORK. It depends entirely on Trae having a great game to win to make up for bad defense. 

You can't win that way on a consistent basis. This team is flawed. 

This has not happened yet but there's no way I can see Trae Young whose deal is up in two years to stick around for this.

It would suck for the Hawks to lose any leverage on a Trae deal when he asks for a trade or becomes noncommittal about a new contract with the Hawks.

Perhaps now would be the time to listen for offers? 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, BrazilianHawk said:

It would suck for the Hawks to lose any leverage on a Trae deal when he asks for a trade or becomes noncommittal about a new contract with the Hawks.

Perhaps now would be the time to listen for offers? 

Ressler like all owners have final say on basketball operations. Trae is the meal ticket for the franchise. Ressler is cheap af. He's the 7th richest owner in the NBA and won't pay the LT even though this team at one point was 2 wins away from the Finals.

Asking him to trade his most popular player that puts asses in seats already got one GM fired. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

But  you disagreed with me when I said it would be a dissappointing ......... NVM...

No, I showed you how dumb it was say that Chicago was shorthanded when they have been winning since Lavine has been out of the lineup.  Lavine Leaves, they start streaking and you make the statement it would be disappointing to lose to a shorthanded team.  No, this "shorthanded" team is better than they were with Lavine.    Then I said.. Do Better. 

That's a lot different that being disappointed because the coach sits on his hands and won't play a big lineup while we give up 18 offensive rebounds. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No, I showed you how dumb it was say that Chicago was shorthanded when they have been winning since Lavine has been out of the lineup.  Lavine Leaves, they start streaking and you make the statement it would be disappointing to lose to a shorthanded team.  No, this "shorthanded" team is better than they were with Lavine.    Then I said.. Do Better. 

That's a lot different that being disappointed because the coach sits on his hands and won't play a big lineup while we give up 18 offensive rebounds. 

Vuc was also out.   so they were down 2 all star starters.  

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Vuc had played, we may have won. 

But you never say things like this when the Hawks are missing starters..

Its always we werent healthy.. lol

But the Bulls are better when theyre missing guys?

download.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, terrell said:

But you never say things like this when the Hawks are missing starters..

Its always we werent healthy.. lol

But the Bulls are better when theyre missing guys?

download.jpg

@Diesel's hypocrisy when it comes to injured players is well known and well documented on this site.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

@Diesel's hypocrisy when it comes to injured players is well known and well documented on this site.  

The Both of you are missing the point.   Vuc's replacement went 24/25 on 85% shooting.  Career high was 29 back in 2012.   Now let me know that day that Garrison Matthews comes in an can put up better stats than who he is replacing.  Just let me know....

Last night, he and Wes play ~19 minutes and pulled down 1 freakin rebound and you talk about hypocrisy.    You and Terrell need to go and watch Blackhawks games because you don't understand these Hawks. 

• Moderators

This was an extremely demoralizing loss for me.  I have to think it is seeping into the team and lockeroom some at this point.

Also since I’ve seen some praise for DeRozen and Vuc I will note they have been among the worst volume scorers in the league this year,  DD is 2nd worst in the entire league in FG Addex while Vuc is 6th worst and neither does much defending.    Vuc is the worst in the entire league in TS Added while DD is a woeful 475th.  (Trae is 90th by comparison in the top 20%).

On 12/26/2023 at 1:01 PM, Spud2nique said:

Turns out they had the BULLS not Josh Allen and the Bills by 1.5 

and now..

Hawks -1.5 🧐.. 3 point swing… @TheNorthCydeRises are you betting on this? Why the 3 point swing in the line? DeRozan out?

That must be it. Zach out! 

Just now seeing this post.

I bet over/under on the Hawks. Can't trust them on the spread anymore.

Hawks have been HORRID as a favorite this season.

• Like 1