• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

The amount of discussion about Dejounte being a backup plan in case Trae decides to ask out is crazy. Quin likes Trae and Trae believes in Quin’s system. The personnel around Trae has always been the problem. If Trae decides to ask out, we might as well go full rebuild. Dejounte isn’t even half the player Trae is, and we don’t even get half the wins this season without Trae on this team. I rather us trade Dejounte for a forward that can do the stuff that we need than waste time trying to “compete” with Dejounte. It makes no sense. Next season, play Bufkin more (who Quin should’ve played this game), get better defenders who are cheap like Naji Marshall and Torrey Craig, and we will be okay. 

This game is so frustrating because this team played well for 20 minutes and then just collapsed and it was in part because Trae and Dejounte just forget how to play basketball. This was a must win game and they blew it. Hope we at least win against the Hornets. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's time to let it go, queen elsa.  

You got fans still talking about Marvin over CP3 man.. and trading NIque for Manning..

But just let this one go? lol

Hawks gonna Hawk

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hunter? Thats your issue with last nights game? Really?

The only negative from Hunter yesterday is that he couldn't play more minutes.  Strong game for him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Would be interesting to try to rebuild around DJM when apparently other teams aren't even interestd enough in him to give a serious return.  I see moving on from Trae as the end of an era and a need to tear down and rebuild.  So I'm fully invested in working to make that a success for the next several years.

(Not sugar coating what was a brutally bad game for him and DJM.)

We're 181-216 sice 2018.. lol

41, 43, 41 wins in seasons we were actually trying to win games

And we might not crack 35 this season...

Its not like we've been a constant winner or anything since drafting Trae..

Hawks have pretty much been a joke every year besides that 1 fluky playoff run.

I wont miss this "era" at all......

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Easily? I don't think so.  Who would that have even been?  Last I checked, there were no MLE guys that were good POA defenders even available.  But I don't feel like rehashing the minutiae required to debate this point.  

There's a guard we played just last night we could have signed for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And I'll continue to sound like an even broker(that a word?) record and say this also illustrates why they ain't gonna trade Trae.

He's a lightning rod for attention ... and blame.

While he's here, he'll shoulder all the blame for any and all failings.  No one, other than us, even conceives that (cl)ownership is even remotely a problem.

BuTraeDontPlayDefentz!!!

BuTraeGottaBadAttitude!!!

BuTraeAintLuka!!!

BuTraeKillCoaches!!!!!

Guys a cash cow AND he's protecting mgt from criticism?  That's resurrecting two birds with one stone.

Lastly, has Kwin not realized Murray can't pass gas?  There's reasons why the no-Trae minutes are mainly Murray in gettmine-mode.  

Agreed.. Trade them BOTH.. lol

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's a guard we played just last night we could have signed for this.

This still isn't 2K.  I'm skeptical Jevon would want to come to a roster that is already very guard heavy.  These types of dudes want to go somewhere where they are guaranteed minutes and we had Trae/DJ/Bogi/Bufkin, not to mention Lundy and Forrest.

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

Agreed.. Trade them BOTH.. lol

I'mma trade you first terr'l. 😄

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This still isn't 2K.  I'm skeptical Jevon would want to come to a roster that is already very guard heavy.  These types of dudes want to go somewhere where they are guaranteed minutes and we had Trae/DJ/Bogi/Bufkin, not to mention Lundy and Forrest.

CHI was and is as guard heavy.

35 minutes ago, terrell said:

You got fans still talking about Marvin over CP3 man.. and trading NIque for Manning..

Hawks gonna Hawk

Two wrongs don't make a right, terr'l. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

The amount of discussion about Dejounte being a backup plan in case Trae decides to ask out is crazy. Quin likes Trae and Trae believes in Quin’s system. The personnel around Trae has always been the problem. If Trae decides to ask out, we might as well go full rebuild. Dejounte isn’t even half the player Trae is, and we don’t even get half the wins this season without Trae on this team. I rather us trade Dejounte for a forward that can do the stuff that we need than waste time trying to “compete” with Dejounte. It makes no sense. Next season, play Bufkin more (who Quin should’ve played this game), get better defenders who are cheap like Naji Marshall and Torrey Craig, and we will be okay. 

This game is so frustrating because this team played well for 20 minutes and then just collapsed and it was in part because Trae and Dejounte just forget how to play basketball. This was a must win game and they blew it. Hope we at least win against the Hornets. 

Trae and Clint have the worst +- on the team this year.. lol

15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, but wasn't Lonzo out for the season?  Maybe Jevon just didn't want to play on the same team as Trae  🤔 :devil: 😛

I wasn't even counting Lonzo.

And it's clear nobody wants to play with or root for Trae.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

I wont miss this "era" at all......

If we quit on this era without giving a legit try to build around Trae I will be frustrated.  The only time we simply added talent was when we made the ECF which was very exciting and then won 43 which was obviously a frustrating year with Reddish bailing, JC getting hurt and a ghost of himself for the playoffs, Bogi hurt for the playoffs, CC not even there for the playoffs, etc.  Obviously Trae getting triple teamed and Hunter being the only one to do anything with the massive space that created wasn't good enough against the #1 seed Heat.  After that it has been "add a player, dump a player or two" which doesn't cut it for me. 

When we leave this era, we are most likely going to suck for a while and be contenders to win the draft lottery.  I'm not ready to suck for 5 years and hope we aren't the Pistons at the end of the it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hawks gonna Hawk

The Trae love is insane...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952974rjr7g5qfzmh1h216

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

TWO head coaches later, Cam Reddish, Johnson Collins AND a GM and its still everybody else is the problem and not Trae...

unbelievable-ellis-shaw.gif

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Acting like Trae is responsible for LP and Nate's departure is pretty rich considering that no NBA is remotely interested in either as a head coach.  Are we ignoring the obvious that they shouldn't be head coaches and Trae didn't hire either one of them? 

Blaming Trae for Reddish wanting a bigger role and then learning some hard lessons in New York is crazy.  Blaming Trae for Schlenk signing JC to a contract with too much money is unbelievable.  Blaming Trae for Ressler being too cheap to pay JC is unbelievable; blaming Trae for Utah wanting to get rid of JC is unbelievable.   Blaming Trae for Ressler booting out Schlenk and putting his son in the front office is unbelievable.  

Trae absolutely has his flaws and bears his share of the blame for the good and bad of the team over the years but this stuff is really reaching.

They don't even want trae on the allstar teams and u.s.a. teams, lmao. "injury replacement allstar"....lmao

laughing-michael-jordan.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Trae and Clint have the worst +- on the team this year.. lol

The worst total plus minus is MURRAY and Clint with -99 and -100 respectively. Trae’s net rating is 0.8 while Dejounte’s is -1.8. But for some reason people want to keep the worse player because he thinks he builds “better connections” and “doesn’t cause drama” as if people were running to play DJ in San Antonio and he didn’t trash the entire Spurs organization when he left. 

We got this hall of fame talent point guard on this roster and people are acting like Lloyd Pierce and Nate McMillan are Phil Jackson and Greg Poppovich. Acting like John Collins is Blake Griffin and Cam Reddish who couldn’t shoot for his life is Paul George. Get serious people. 

Trae is maturing, standing up for his coach’s system, accepting the all star injury replacement (which is something he wouldn’t do last year), trying hard on defense. What more do yall want him to do at this point? As I said before, when are we going to build a better team around Trae? We need actually build around the best player and get some defense instead of scrubs. 

• Like 4