• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Fck the Bulls. That’s all I got. Having said that we need to play better we played like a D+ game at best.

Hunter is fool’s gold.. ok fool’s silver.. dude is gonna mess it up when it counts more, when things aren’t on the line he will shine ✨ most likely, or still be 💩. Please get him off this team I can’t watch him play basketball anymore, he just never learns anything.

I was so wrong about Hunter in his rookie year. I said “look at that dude on the bench, baby Kawhi is studying the game”…

He wasn’t studying $hit prolly playing cartoon music 🎶 in his head.

Everyone was bad tonight. The whole band sucked.

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

If OO has a serious toe injury and Capela is still out after the AS break...yowie wowie. This team will be unwatchable on defense. I mean it already is but even more so.

Tonight was a bad loss. There's been this mystery sickness in the locker room most of the season and right now Bruno and Mills have it. So Bruno gets a pass from me for being out there sick.

Trae and DJ were awful tonight. The refs were swallowing the whistle and letting the Bulls murder our guys but I expect them to play through that. DJ especially seemed to just tune out and give up sometime in the 2nd quarter.

We need to be playing our young guys and not giving minutes to guys like the Matthews or Mills when he's healthy. 

That's always gonna be the fear with Trae and DJ. You let a D bully them and it can be a long night

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Both of our starting guards were horrible tonight,  don't remember a game where they were both so out of sync on both sides of the ball. Nothing flowed, didn't control tempo and pace to end the 2nd and it carried over in the 2nd half.

Defensive video box scores aren't out yet, but just by watching the shots of the Bulls, I think Bogi or Trae gave up the most points, followed by JJ and DJ.  DJ was especially horrible in the 4th quarter.  Trae could do nothing with Ayo in the 2nd quarter.  And people took turns going at Bogi throughout the game.

• Like 2

Between poor defense and the refs, Bulls win this game.  

The Squawk posters were really impressed with the defense of Kobe Bufkin in our last game.  Desperately needing defense in this game, only one player got the - Did not play, coach's decision.  Yep.  Him.

Murray was physically attacked.  No call, but Trae got a tec. foul when he objected to the "no call."  Really?  

:ahf:

Edited by Gray Mule

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This game is on Trae -- he was terrible and even more importantly, he played selfishly and with a bad attitude.  The refs allowed a physical game on both sides and that seems to be a recipe for us to lose every time, because Trae cannot let it go when he doesn't get foul calls.  He was significantly better for a 3-4 game stretch there but has returned to his complaining to the refs -- or probably more accurate description, his straight up pouting all game.

It's a huge problem to be honest, as I've outlined before.  Trae has negative leadership qualities.  He sets the tone and energy of the team as the best player, face of the franchise, and the guy with the ball in his hands the most.  And the tone he is setting is one of whining/pouting/complaining incessantly.  And then he gets emotional and tries ridiculous iso shots and starts playing outside his game.  And the worse part is the rest of the team follows suit -- Dre was doing tons of complaining last night, as was Murray.  In fact, Murray seems to have gotten much worse over the past year or so with regard to ref complaining.  Our team culture is to come out and assume we're playing 5v8 from the start of the game and make that a self-fulfilling prophecy.  We'll never win anything with a culture like that.  Seeing Trae flop, get a tech for flopping, then walk around the court doing the money hands symbol as if the refs were rigging the game was an embarrassing spectacle.  Super disappointing game all around

Can't disagree ... much.

But reading your post makes me wanna be a better board member, jeffe.  I might go down to skyhawksquawk and work on my joke game a while. :sad:

:Bob: Call it the kg-league!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

So we saw a good 16 minutes from Bufkin with him most notably showing the ability to move and keep his man in front of him.  The next game both our starting guards are out of sorts and being completely ineffective defensively.  How are there not minutes for Bufkin to see if he can change the pace of things defensively?  You find time for Garrison but not for him?  

Bufkin was the #15 pick in the draft this year and is a combo guard.  This is exactly the kind of game where you'd think by this point in the season he could contribute to turning a loss into a win by bringing energy off the bench and letting the coaches work with DJM and Trae to make adjustments to how they are approaching things on the floor by talking through that while he is out there (maybe even showing what they want done).  

This game was very frustrating to watch period.  Kudos to Hunter and Bogi but they were the only two who had a good game for us.  This is also where your last two first round picks are needed to bring some different looks, energy, and variation to the game.  But apparently that isn't the plan.  Not sure why not.

"but we traded luka for trae and 3 firsts for dejuante...duh"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNo9js8ygEzePAPTh0Gp

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This game is on Trae -- he was terrible and even more importantly, he played selfishly and with a bad attitude.  The refs allowed a physical game on both sides and that seems to be a recipe for us to lose every time, because Trae cannot let it go when he doesn't get foul calls.  He was significantly better for a 3-4 game stretch there but has returned to his complaining to the refs -- or probably more accurate description, his straight up pouting all game.

It's a huge problem to be honest, as I've outlined before.  Trae has negative leadership qualities.  He sets the tone and energy of the team as the best player, face of the franchise, and the guy with the ball in his hands the most.  And the tone he is setting is one of whining/pouting/complaining incessantly.  And then he gets emotional and tries ridiculous iso shots and starts playing outside his game.  And the worse part is the rest of the team follows suit -- Dre was doing tons of complaining last night, as was Murray.  In fact, Murray seems to have gotten much worse over the past year or so with regard to ref complaining.  Our team culture is to come out and assume we're playing 5v8 from the start of the game and make that a self-fulfilling prophecy.  We'll never win anything with a culture like that.  Seeing Trae flop, get a tech for flopping, then walk around the court doing the money hands symbol as if the refs were rigging the game was an embarrassing spectacle.  Super disappointing game all around

I've been calling this out for awhile but his stans don't want to hear it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's a huge problem to be honest, as I've outlined before.  Trae has negative leadership qualities.  He sets the tone and energy of the team as the best player, face of the franchise, and the guy with the ball in his hands the most.  And the tone he is setting is one of whining/pouting/complaining incessantly.  And then he gets emotional and tries ridiculous iso shots and starts playing outside his game.  And the worse part is the rest of the team follows suit -- Dre was doing tons of complaining last night, as was Murray.  In fact, Murray seems to have gotten much worse over the past year or so with regard to ref complaining.  Our team culture is to come out and assume we're playing 5v8 from the start of the game and make that a self-fulfilling prophecy.  We'll never win anything with a culture like that.  Seeing Trae flop, get a tech for flopping, then walk around the court doing the money hands symbol as if the refs were rigging the game was an embarrassing spectacle.  Super disappointing game all around.

65cb884d827a2622940125.gif

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

65cb884d827a2622940125.gif

It's not a point of pride for that our star player has these issues...

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can't disagree ... much.

But reading your post makes me wanna be a better board member, jeffe.  I might go down to skyhawksquawk and work on my joke game a while. :sad:

:Bob: Call it the kg-league!

You're a perennial lock for the all-joke team, don't waste time in the Goke league

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've been calling this out for awhile but his stans don't want to hear it. 

Yeah, I've been wondering (out loud at times) if DJ isn't an insurance policy if we decide to move on from Trae.  That has to be a thought going through the FO's head.