• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I've been wondering (out loud at times) if DJ isn't an insurance policy if we decide to move on from Trae.  That has to be a thought going through the FO's head.

Would be interesting to try to rebuild around DJM when apparently other teams aren't even interestd enough in him to give a serious return.  I see moving on from Trae as the end of an era and a need to tear down and rebuild.  So I'm fully invested in working to make that a success for the next several years.

(Not sugar coating what was a brutally bad game for him and DJM.)

• Like 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

"but we traded luka for trae and 3 firsts for dejuante...duh"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNo9js8ygEzePAPTh0Gp

I'm not following this.  Fields didn't do either of those things but did draft Kobe.  If he is going to be unreasonably emotional as your post suggests, wouldn't he be invested in his own decisions proving to be successful?  I blame Bufkin being anchored to the bench in this one solely on Snyder.  

I'll also put myself on record that I'm ok losing some games down the stretch in order to develop AJ and Kobe.  We need them to be rotation players next year.  Might as well start that now to help them prepare for it.

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not following this.  Fields didn't do either of those things but did draft Kobe.  If he is going to be unreasonably emotional as your post suggests, wouldn't he be invested in his own decisions proving to be successful?  I blame Bufkin being anchored to the bench in this one solely on Snyder.  

I'll also put myself on record that I'm ok losing some games down the stretch in order to develop AJ and Kobe.  We need them to be rotation players next year.  Might as well start that now to help them prepare for it.

"The minutia of debating the issues about a team that has zero championships since coming to Atlanta and is in constant rebuild mode. "

t9Cqak.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

You're a perennial lock for the all-joke team, don't waste time in the Goke league

I dunno.  I'm thinking the league has caught up to my bread 'n butter 'make fun of supes' game.  I need to add.

🤓 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I have been told if you put a gun to Quin's head he'd rather keep DJ and trade Trae to have Dj back at point but that's the cash cow we're talking about.

I feel like I will start to sound like a broken record about this but I don't care. This team every year under Messy Ressy is literally one of the cheapest teams in the NBA. Every.damn.year. We could have easily signed someone with the MLE to address the POA defender role. We could have used the TPE from JC to do the same thing. Newp. We just sit back and do nothing so Messy Ressy continues to have a bottom four or five payroll in the entire league.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And I'll continue to sound like an even broker(that a word?) record and say this also illustrates why they ain't gonna trade Trae.

He's a lighnomg rod for attention ... and blame.

While he's here, he'll shoulder all the blame for any and all failings.  No one, other than us, even conceives that (cl)ownership is even remotely a problem.

BuTraeDontPlayDefentz!!!

BuTraeGottaBadAttitude!!!

BuTraeAintLuka!!!

BuTraeKillCoaches!!!!!

Guys a cash cow AND he's protecting mgt from criticism?  That's resurrecting two birds with one stone.

Lastly, has Kwin not realized Murray can't pass gas?  There's reasons why the no-Trae minutes are mainly Murray in gettmine-mode.  

So much of this is on point.  From the ownership to the "fans" that only have one gear (blame / criticize Trae) to the knock on DJ's passing.  I think as much as Trae goes iso on occasion, I've seen DJ do it far more.  That seems to be his ultimate go to for the most part. 

There was a play last night, with 4:25 left in the game, when Trae passed to DJ and DJ proceeded to dribble around and then drive to the bucket with 4 bulls in the lane and put up a missed layup / wild shot.  Bey was wide open in the corner and then the elbow. Trae was wide open at the elbow.  JJ was wide open in the corner. And OO was under the basket.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We could have easily signed someone with the MLE to address the POA defender role.

Easily? I don't think so.  Who would that have even been?  Last I checked, there were no MLE guys that were good POA defenders even available.  But I don't feel like rehashing the minutiae required to debate this point.  

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

So much of this is on point.  From the ownership to the "fans" that only have one gear (blame / criticize Trae) to the knock on DJ's passing.  I think as much as Trae goes iso on occasion, I've seen DJ do it far more.  That seems to be his ultimate go to for the most part. 

There was a play last night, with 4:25 left in the game, when Trae passed to DJ and DJ proceeded to dribble around and then drive to the bucket with 4 bulls in the lane and put up a missed layup / wild shot.  Bey was wide open in the corner and then the elbow. Trae was wide open at the elbow.  JJ was wide open in the corner. And OO was under the basket.    

The thing is though, that has worked for us at times.  But that play shows it's kinda fools gold.  If a team takes that away from him, his plan-B is .... lacking, to put it mildly.

I have no idea how or why people are comfortable with that being our primary option.  There seems to be this myth that we'll go to a more pass-heavy structure without Trae.  Eh, show me that evidence that's better.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have been told if you put a gun to Quin's head he'd rather keep DJ and trade Trae to have Dj back at point but that's the cash cow we're talking about.

I feel like I will start to sound like a broken record about this but I don't care. This team every year under Messy Ressy is literally one of the cheapest teams in the NBA. Every.damn.year. We could have easily signed someone with the MLE to address the POA defender role. We could have used the TPE from JC to do the same thing. Newp. We just sit back and do nothing so Messy Ressy continues to have a bottom four or five payroll in the entire league.

League is too deep to get away with nickle and diming. In the past we could be the perennial 4th/5th seed like we seemingly have been our entire history, but too much depth up and down the league now, mediocre teams unwilling to part with talent and rebuild with one of those close to a dozen playoff/playin spots right there for the taking.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Easily? I don't think so.  Who would that have even been?  Last I checked, there were no MLE guys that were good POA defenders even available.  But I don't feel like rehashing the minutiae required to debate this point.  

As noted here from last night and in the TPE target thread. FYI - we don't need to use the entirety of the MLE or TPE on one player, it can be split 

$6 mil for Carter.

But we saved $4 million with the Patty Mills trade.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

If OO has a serious toe injury and Capela is still out after the AS break...yowie wowie. This team will be unwatchable on defense. I mean it already is but even more so.

Tonight was a bad loss. There's been this mystery sickness in the locker room most of the season and right now Bruno and Mills have it. So Bruno gets a pass from me for being out there sick.

Trae and DJ were awful tonight. The refs were swallowing the whistle and letting the Bulls murder our guys but I expect them to play through that. DJ especially seemed to just tune out and give up sometime in the 2nd quarter.

We need to be playing our young guys and not giving minutes to guys like the Matthews or Mills when he's healthy. 

Id rather just watch JJ Bufkin Lundy Gueye the rest of the year tbh.. 

Whats the difference?

We suck either way..

And we need the best picks possible this year being we gave up most of our future for another front running, no defense playing, score first  PG....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Fck the Bulls. That’s all I got. Having said that we need to play better we played like a D+ game at best.

Hunter is fool’s gold.. ok fool’s silver.. dude is gonna mess it up when it counts more, when things aren’t on the line he will shine ✨ most likely, or still be 💩. Please get him off this team I can’t watch him play basketball anymore, he just never learns anything.

I was so wrong about Hunter in his rookie year. I said “look at that dude on the bench, baby Kawhi is studying the game”…

He wasn’t studying $hit prolly playing cartoon music 🎶 in his head.

Everyone was bad tonight. The whole band sucked.

Hunter? Thats your issue with last nights game? Really?

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

This game is on Trae -- he was terrible and even more importantly, he played selfishly and with a bad attitude.  The refs allowed a physical game on both sides and that seems to be a recipe for us to lose every time, because Trae cannot let it go when he doesn't get foul calls.  He was significantly better for a 3-4 game stretch there but has returned to his complaining to the refs -- or probably more accurate description, his straight up pouting all game.

It's a huge problem to be honest, as I've outlined before.  Trae has negative leadership qualities.  He sets the tone and energy of the team as the best player, face of the franchise, and the guy with the ball in his hands the most.  And the tone he is setting is one of whining/pouting/complaining incessantly.  And then he gets emotional and tries ridiculous iso shots and starts playing outside his game.  And the worse part is the rest of the team follows suit -- Dre was doing tons of complaining last night, as was Murray.  In fact, Murray seems to have gotten much worse over the past year or so with regard to ref complaining.  Our team culture is to come out and assume we're playing 5v8 from the start of the game and make that a self-fulfilling prophecy.  We'll never win anything with a culture like that.  Seeing Trae flop, get a tech for flopping, then walk around the court doing the money hands symbol as if the refs were rigging the game was an embarrassing spectacle.  Super disappointing game all around

Embarrassing is an understatement.. And people wonder why Coaches/Players cant stand him.. smh