• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets Part 1

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Cameron Johnson is back in the starting lineup, for now, after Ollie kept the forward in reserve duty for the first two games after the Break. Johnson's 4-year, ~$95 million extension deal makes Atlanta's similar deal with sixth-man extraordinaire Hunter (last 8 games: 19.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 54.0 FG%, 48.6 3FG%, 93.0 FT%)  look tame, especially so long as the former's shooting struggles continue (last 5 games: 8.2 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 31.7 FG%).

Ollie also had Ben Simmons (questionable, sore leg) come off the bench in Memphis, then inactivated him for the SEGABABA in Orlando. The oft-injured point-forward, who (re-?)injured a leg last Saturday in Minnesota, had been good for a triple-single in his six starts (6.5 PPG on 5.2 FGAs, 5.2 RPG, 4.5 APG) prior to returning to a sixth-man role against the Grizzlies.

Another Cam, professional bucket-getter Cam Thomas, sprained and ankle and foot in Orlando on Monday. Thomas and Dariq Whitehead (stressed shin) remain designated as Out on the Boo-Boo Report ahead of today's game.

Hawks GameNotes indicated that Atlanta's home win over Portland in 2020 raised their record to 6-2 on Leap Days. It's their first road Leap Day game since losing to coach Lenny Wilkens' Blazers in Portland back in 1976.

Also, who needs to wait to nab a French bleu-chipper in the Draft? Jalen Johnson joins Victor Wembanyama as the sole NBA'ers closing out this month averaging at least 15 points, 10 boards, 4 dimes, and 1 block per game. Ooh la la.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

One more notable item... congrats and second-best wishes to Jeff Peterson. The former Hawks intern-turned-assistant GM, and Marks' top lieutenant in Brooklyn, now takes the job as PBO for Rick Schnall's Hornets.

~lw3

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Maybe make the website’s default language French?)

Fournier I think is the term? 🤷‍♀️      

Sekou Doumbouya

Pronounced J-A-M-A-L-O :mellow:

Kevin Ollie

Big fan. Liked him in the league a lot too.

Thanks lw3. You da man 👨 

Vegas got the Nets -1.5  o/u 221.5

2k got Hawks by 5. DJ, Bogi and Hunter all go 20 points plus. TEAM effort. Cap 🧢 dominated the glass.

LETS MAKE IT THREEEEEEEEE!!! 3️⃣ 

GO HAWKS!!!!

IMG_3330.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

These next two games are semi big for us. I don’t see the Nets catching us, but it is a good chance to try to move up to 9. 

• Like 2

I’m gonna say this now…if I hear ANYONE tell me with a straight face that this team is better without Trae with how putrid this offense looks, I’m going to ignore them for the rest of my life. This looks like total garbage. We literally can’t do anything right now. 

I'm gonna make a serious case that the Hawks looked better under Nate McMillan.  This is a overall statement about the entire season,  both with and without Trae Young in the lineup.  This team looks horrible. No excuse for Quin and that superstaff over there having the Hawks looking like this.  I get that the team doesn't have a bunch of shooters, but they can't run plays on offense OR play defense?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nco2lop48lzggz5072v

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look how much better we are without Trae guys…look at the defense and the offense!! It’s so great! We are amazing tonight! So much better without the best point guard in hawks history!!