• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets Part 1

lethalweapon3

Just now, givemesome1ce1 said:

Look how much better we are without Trae guys…look at the defense and the offense!! It’s so great! We are amazing tonight! So much better without the best point guard in hawks history!!

We stink with or without...

Whole season has been a shitshow pretty much..

• Like 2

This is easily one of the worst offensive showings of the season. Quin needs to play Jalen at center more and more five-out because it’s the only way we are going to get more consistent offense. If Quin doesn’t do that, the only hope we have is hoping Dejounte goes off with iso because he’s not as good of a scorer as Trae is. And once Dejounte goes cold (which happens a lot), the offense is dead. Point is that Trae is really good and this team when facing good guards may be screwed. 
 (Knicks and Cavs coming soon)

The best overall player in this game was Kobe Bufkin. Made some really good passes, changed the game during the 2nd quarter and was one of the main reasons why the game was kind of close during the 2nd quarter. His drive to the rim in the 3rd quarter was the type of stuff I want to see more from him.

Capela and Bruno were terrible. Hawks centers were constantly switching to the guards and Schröder, Smith Jr, and Walker saw mince meat. It was disgusting. Another reason why Quin should’ve just done Jalen center lineups. Proof that we don’t miss just Trae but miss Onyeka who can defend guards well. 

Shoutout to Wesley Matthews who had a sneaky decent game.

Very frustrating game, worried about the next game on Sunday. We could lose that one too. We’ve lost the series to the Nets and the best we can do is tie it so I guess we have that going for us. 

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

wow . . we about to lose to the Nets by 30?  And Schröder about to get a Triple-double?

What a horrible season.

LOL . . and another 3.

All I wanted is for this team to pick a side the rest of the season. Either win out or lose out. lol

They are going to end up midding their way to the 10 seed aren’t they? smh

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The pipe dream that this team was turning it around after Trae got injured should be soundly put to sleep now 

33 minutes ago, terrell said:

All I wanted is for this team to pick a side the rest of the season. Either win out or lose out. lol

They are going to end up midding their way to the 10 seed aren’t they? smh

Too much talent even without Trae to fall out of 10 I'm afraid. 

Very concerning. If defense isn’t good, we aren’t winning games. It’s that simple. We may fall out of 10th seed with this offense

Edited by givemesome1ce1
  • Like 1

Defense came through tonight without Trae!

I knew he was the probl….oh wait.

if you gonna be a hater then be hater who can also tell the truth 

Trae Haters quite even in a game he ain’t play in…must be tough to realize this defense is just ass. Same story with or without Trae. The team can’t defend!

at least with Trae it’s rare we score less that 110 points. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The pipe dream that this team was turning it around after Trae got injured should be soundly put to sleep now 

Nah f*** that! Where them Trae haters at????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Very concerning. If defense isn’t good, we aren’t winning games. It’s that simple. We may fall out of 10th seed with this offense

What’s that you said Trae?…”ACKNOWLEDGE ME”

image.gif.1c8f62f93c507848e902ac635361ddd4.gif

• Haha 2

On 2/27/2024 at 8:40 PM, Nash said:

But the defense definitely not. It's better to win FH 50:38 than lose it 70:58

Size matters on D

On 2/27/2024 at 9:12 PM, NBASupes said:

Our defense is massively better. 

On 2/27/2024 at 9:16 PM, terrell said:

Yeah but Murray and the team are playing way better defense since they dont have to babysit....

JJ may be our best overall player already.. 

When he gets stronger, look out..

Bufkin with the floater......

On 2/27/2024 at 9:57 PM, Nash said:

You're not going to beat this team easily. It's not easy to score on a team where the shortest player is 6'5 lol

Not a single dumb shot tonight. Team ball all night. Play Bogi 35+ minutes  and don't worry about the court size. All lanes wide open, all 3pt shots taken wide open

On 2/27/2024 at 9:57 PM, ABH said:

Trae was.the problem..need to trade him asap

On 2/27/2024 at 9:58 PM, NBASupes said:

It's like you trying to call someone out

On 2/27/2024 at 10:12 PM, NBASupes said:

I love Trae and we definitely need him in the playoffs but in the RS, man, our defense is just so much better without his - 20. Even the drop coverages looked tremendous tonight from Clint and Bruno. Even JJ had some nice moments at the 5

On 2/27/2024 at 10:24 PM, terrell said:

Its quite obvious

look at all of these asinine comments just two days ago vs the jazz (another bad team like the nets) and now complete silence after getting our ass beat by a bad nets team in another game Trae did not play in.

At least Terrell stepped up and said yeah we just ass on defense with or without Trae…which been the case all season long.

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This has to be a record. only two pages after a loss. I guess the blind Trae hate has no where to turn after this crap fest of a game tonight.

Yup well I sure do hope one of haters wake up and say something. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This has to be a record. only two pages after a loss. I guess the blind Trae hate has no where to turn after this crap fest of a game tonight.

We're just tired and emotionally spent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

With as much available evidence as there is, it was always absurd to suggest the Hawks were better without Trae.  That said, the execution in this game was still atrocious.  Too much iso play on offense and poor execution and awareness defensively.  On to the next one 💯!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Narrative. It's all Trae's fault.  I'm saving haters the time.  

This season in a nutshell has been azz. The Resslers, the FO, the personnel groupings, the personnel, lack of improving the team with that fake azz trade deadline hype, energy, defense, execution, swag freaking surfing, rookie abductions, injuries, underwhelming individual performances, Trae?

Anybody putting Trae in that bag of crap is a snake oil salesman.  We can pick things apart with Trae, but make no mistake, he is the engine.  Putting the haters aside, it's neglect the way this team played tonight.  No heart.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JTB said:

look at all of these asinine comments just two days ago vs the jazz (another bad team like the nets) and now complete silence after getting our ass beat by a bad nets team in another game Trae did not play in.

At least Terrell stepped up and said yeah we just ass on defense with or without Trae…which been the case all season long.

Yup well I sure do hope one of haters wake up and say something. 

This post ain't it bro. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting:

Hawks beat Jazz 124-97

Hawks lose to Nets 124-97

Bad teams do bad team crap.  The two games before this were just fodder for the haters to (gleefully) say, "See!  The team is better without Trae! Trade him!!"  Yawn

18 assists last night.  Second fewest of the season.  3 of the 4 lowest assist games on the season were without Trae.  Tell me again how the TEAM is better without him?  How they play more as a team without Trae?  Please.  Are they better defensively without Trae?  In some ways, sure.  But overall?  They are still a bad defensive team.  And without Trae on offense they avg 112 pts/gm, a full 10 pts less than when Trae plays.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Much to the mods surprise, I'll be the voice of reason instead of the voice of (t)reason for a change.

Let's just root for the guys to win.  No need to acknowledge obvious haters or agenda-ers that only show up when something happens that boosts their concept.

No need to bring up dudes that claimed all year that the only reason (insert player) isn't a hall of famer is cause of Trae.  No reason to highlight folks that claimed the defense sucked only because of one guy.  

No need. 

:shoulder shrug 

Expect more of the same over the next 23 games.  

Just not a fun season, this only makes it worse.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3