• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's a legit fear for small guards.  Once they start to get run down, there's no coming back from it. 

Knock on wood, we don't have that issue, knock on wood. 

Bigs can hang on, change their game.  There's no plan b for small guards.  CLE is seeing the peak of this group and its an injury fest.  Wonder if Mobley has a problem injury-wise?

Also find it funny CLE has like 4 of the same player.  Windler, Merrill, Wade, Strus may all be the same guy. 

They tried to move him but only Chicago was interested and it was for LaVine. CLE didn't want that contract.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we have Windler now, in GL.

True.  They still all favor Chandelier Parsons, as my old grandma would put it.

Just now, NBASupes said:

They tried to move him but only Chicago was interested and it was for LaVine. CLE didn't want that contract.

Lavine and Mitchell would've been ... somethin'.. 

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We aren't better without Trae but we are far more consistent because defense is more consistent than offense if you aren't getting shit from your centers which is vital. 

Our defense with Murray plays with an edge. We out Knick the Knicks. When is the last time we did that? When Al and Sap was a pair?

Without Trae this team could screw up tanking. Hurry back, Trae!!    🤣

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Murray has got to work on his handles, so loose and that high dribble gets him in trouble 

My personal favorite gripe about him as an ex college point guard is his insistence on pocket passes to everyone. There are too many times when he should lob, bounce pass or fastball it but he just insists on that pocket pass.

If we make the playin and Trae is still out I expect coaches to pick up on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It helps to play hurt teams w/o their offensive engines.

- Banchero

- Brunson / Randle 

- Mitchell / Mobely

- no Ja Morant / Bane on Friday 

- hopefully Zion will rest on Sunday

I was wondering why Vegas had us favored in this one before I tuned in and saw who was actually playing for the Cavs.  We’ve definitely been facing some very undermanned squads.  You can’t control who you play, just how you perform so nice to see us smacking down the injured teams instead of putting up games Ala the Nets matchups.

We’d be a top seed if our schedule was like this all year.  Bring on Memphis in tank mode next, lol! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

My personal favorite gripe about him as an ex college point guard is his insistence on pocket passes to everyone. There are too many times when he should lob, bounce pass or fastball it but he just insists on that pocket pass.

If we make the playin and Trae is still out I expect coaches to pick up on that.

His passing IQ is horrid. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

He's just not very good at those things though - they involve timing, touch and precision. He can't see the play developing ahead of time to get it to a spot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful game for us as a team. Folks are really stepping up. Bey and Bogi were spectacular. Bey is really using a lot of brut force to get where he wants and deliver. He’s slowly becoming a 3 level scorer. I love his physicality, always loved Hawks like him. OK HE’S BACK TO BEING MY BOY! 😃 

Bogi was Euro Bogi last night. He was the guy and he was on one. Wow, aggressive takes on offensive and BOGI IS PLAYING D LIKE A MAD MAN!!!!

Bruno needed minutes. @Gray Mule @TheNorthCydeRises kept saying give dude burn 🔥 and he’s legit getting 10 or 11 boards. Awesome 👏

Those 3, Bogi Bey and Bruno were the killer B’s last night.

I was so bummed when Jalen went down. That guy was at the peak and turning yet another corner. Hopefully it’s a mild sprain only out a week.

Thats dos ✌️ in a row! 

GO HAWKS!!!!!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think this was his first b2b game?

I hope this Hunter knee bump is a nothing burger. 🙏 

I so want Dre to be that dude for us.. he has the body and ability... I hate his knee problems and I hate when he plays timid.

He can really be that baller if those two issues weren't prevalent. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

When I continue to say, we are a better defensive team than offensive team, people get mad but we are. Trae makes us an offensive team but he also makes us a bad defensive team. That's why I continue to say, we need to draft an offensive big. Someone that can match Trae's offensive value. That would limit some of Trae's bad decisions, maybe even get Trae to take better shots that help us win more. Elite screens will also free up Trae a lot. 

we haven't really played a single good offensive team to say this. Every team we have played since Trae went down has been missing people or bad. Defense got torched by a crappy nets team missing their best scorer

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ngl, when my guy @Spud2nique gets into it with posters, a part of me gets down into a defensive stance on the sidelines too.  Haha 

:yes: Oh yeaaaa bayyyyyyybaaaaaa 🥳 💕 it. Rise as 1️⃣! 🙇‍♀️ (in this case got down wit da git down if ya feel and.. I know you do 😉 

Listen Diddy, we gotta make up an all Outsiders squad and last night gave me a start by..

Hehehe he eatin well though -:Nique:

PG- Kenneth Lofton Jr.

SG- Sensabaugh 

SF- Niang {see :Nique: ⬆️}

PF- Zion

C- Summer Jokic 💃 (euro tourin free 🦅)

Bodyguard: Jericho Sims :boxing: 

Care to add any others? 🧐 Hit me! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

we haven't really played a single good offensive team to say this. Every team we have played since Trae went down has been missing people or bad. Defense got torched by a crappy nets team missing their best scorer

Yeah but We still have the 6th ranked defense since he's been out.. Regardless.

15th ranked offense. 7th best Net rating....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:yes: Oh yeaaaa bayyyyyyybaaaaaa 🥳 💕 it. Rise as 1️⃣! 🙇‍♀️ (in this case got down wit da git down if ya feel and.. I know you do 😉 

Listen Diddy, we gotta make up an all Outsiders squad and last night gave me a start by..

Hehehe he eatin well though -:Nique:

PG- Kenneth Lofton Jr.

SG- Sensabaugh 

SF- Niang {see :Nique: ⬆️}

PF- Zion

C- Summer Jokic 💃 (euro tourin free 🦅)

Bodyguard: Jericho Sims :boxing: 

Care to add any others? 🧐 Hit me! 

Nique did say that mofo was "eating good".  Hahaha.... 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yeah but We still have the 6th ranked defense since he's been out.. Regardless.

15th ranked offense. 7th best Net rating....

We've faced weak sauce opposition but you can't choose your opponents so take it as a small sample size of good performance.  That won't stop against tanking Memphis or tanking Portland (they are both premium weak sauce opponents).  

Wish we could have faced this level of competition all year.  We'd probably be 40-22.

• Like 1