• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

50 losses still in the picture.. smh

I see maybe 3-4 more wins tops in the final 17.. 

And I think we could be just as bad next season..

damn.gif

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I was a Bruno guy but the more I see him, the more I see why he doesn't touch the floor. He never has ready hands. And he takes possessions off. That whiff on the rebound was pure laziness.

You blame Bruno for not getting that rebound?. He boxed his man into the middle of the paint with both players tipping the ball.  If the big has the man sealed, the teammate at the FT line is supposed to drop down and completely eliminate the chance of a middle rebound.  The other guy at the FT line who is not boxing out the FT shooter, has front rim seal off responsibility to completely eliminate the offensive rebound opportunity. You're taught this in high school.

If a certain weak rebounding player would've helped Bruno on the box out, there is no opportunity for Portland to even get a hand on the ball.

Bruce Weber explains this perfectly.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Read through the game thread before checking the score this morning (missed the entire game last night), so that was a fun (read: not fun) roller coaster to see if we won or not.  Sounds like we had a few positives-- Bruno playing decent(?) and Garrison Matthews played alright?  Box score looks atrocious for Bogi and Hunter.  Murray looks like he chucked for 40 and had the lowest +/- on the team... did I miss anything?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Read through the game thread before checking the score this morning (missed the entire game last night), so that was a fun (read: not fun) roller coaster to see if we won or not.  Sounds like we had a few positives-- Bruno playing decent(?) and Garrison Matthews played alright?  Box score looks atrocious for Bogi and Hunter.  Murray looks like he chucked for 40 and had the lowest +/- on the team... did I miss anything?

Well we discussed Quin 🥽 vs Scoot 🥽 aaaannnnd let’s see, talked about you a bit.. :mellow:.. yeaaa pretty much nailed it! 

• Haha 3

• Moderators

On a more serious note, this game was a success by the most important criteria for me the rest of the season.  No major injuries in this game.  Hopefully Bogi can get healthy (apparently sick yesterday), and I'm sure he won't put up stinkers like that every night.

I can also say I'm very glad not to have a team that is built around DeAndre Ayton and Anfernee Simons.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Quinn, Korver And Landry sitting in personnel meetings.....

IMG_1756.gif

Oh dear lord hide the children when @kg01 sees this he’s gonna go off on everyone he hates the stooges like poison ☠️ 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah there was a bit about Murray's hard passes to Bruno's shins and talk of a drunk uncle.  Other than that, you nailed it. 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Oh dear lord hide the children when @kg01 sees this he’s gonna go off on everyone he hates the stooges like poison ☠️ 

THEYRE NOT FUNNY!!!

You know I'm right.  Grown a** men running around poking each other in the eyes.  That's comedy?! 

Next you gonna be tellin me freaking Charlie Chaplin was entertaining or that John wooden was a good coach.

Ridiculous! 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Grown a** men running around poking each other in the eyes.  That's comedy?! 

Yes it is!   You're looking at it like the simpsons existed in the 1920s.   This was great stuff!  Remember this was considered comically fat back then:

the-three-stooges-yes.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes it is!   You're looking at it like the simpsons existed in the 1920s.   This was great stuff!  Remember this was considered comically fat back then:

the-three-stooges-yes.gif

I was in a good mood until I saw that.  Now I'm depressed.  To you point though, I have to remember these were the Americans that thought using a potato as a toy was "fun".  Stupids. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I was in a good mood until I saw that.  Now I'm depressed.  To you point though, I have to remember these were the Americans that thought using a potato as a toy was "fun".  Stupids. 

Mo was a prick!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Murray played 43 minutes....I don't see how this is sustainable and I fear it may come back to bite us. I don't like it one bit.

43, 41, 40, 39 and 37 minutes over the last 5 games. :blanky:

Also looked like he landed awkwardly on Thybulle and tweaked his ankle on the 3pt attempt that he got called for the offensive foul.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Murray played 43 minutes....I don't see how this is sustainable and I fear it may come back to bite us. I don't like it one bit.

Also looked like he landed awkwardly on Thybulle and tweaked his ankle on the 3pt attempt that he got called for the offensive foul.

This season is a dang catastrophe.  Wish we could fall to 11th

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Absolutely.  STOP PLAYING MURRAY SO MANY MINUTES!!  We are going to get someone hurt doing these unnatural things.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Absolutely.  STOP PLAYING MURRAY SO MANY MINUTES!!  We are going to get someone hurt doing these unnatural things.  

There's a Dwight Howard joke in here somewhere but I was up late last night so my brain can't formulate it.

** Not a joke about his preferences, just about him having that weird butt injury that one year which ... ah, nevermind.  I don't wanna get can'tselled. 🫤. Wait, is that enough to get can'tselled?  I didn't say the joke, I just thought about it and .... am I can'tselled?   🫣 

• Haha 3