• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who has been our best player this year?

Supporter

Who has been our best player  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it was brought up in chat. I felt that Josh when he was on that mini tear of games where he was putting up ridiculous stats was no doubt our best player. However his lack of intensity and focus in later games make me feel as if he still isn't there yet (and there's still the matter of his love with the jumpshot). I'm just gonna go ahead and say that Joe has been our best player so far. Sure he has had his fair share of lackadaisical games but for the most part he has been our normal clutch Joe Johnson.

P.S. this isn't who is our best player overall, or who has the most upside or whatnot, this is who has been the best player up to this point in the season.

Edited by Dolfan23
Added an actual poll to the post

Joe Johnson.Josh Smith will always be a stock market player. Teague is still trying to put it together consistently and he's getting better at it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson easily. It is not just the scoring but what Joe brings that is so often overlooked: his rebounding, assists and his defense. He is a matchup nightmare on both ends of the court. If Josh could play more consistent and actually go back to hitting his free throws it would be more of a contest.

• Moderators

I'd say Joe but its amazing how balanced this team really is. 5 bench players blew toronto off the floor in the fourth last night and it wasn't just against their bench. So far every guy seems to have bought into the offense and every guy is playing D. What an amazing concept.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

man it would be nice if the OP or a mod would slap a poll in this thread. just saying....my money is on Teague

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Joe is our best overall player.

Josh is the player that has the ability to affect the game more significantly with his play (good and bad)

Teague is our best defender at his position, although Joe aint no slouch.

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson.Josh Smith will always be a stock market player. Teague is still trying to put it together consistently and he's getting better at it.

This about Josh Smith is quote worthy and I agree 10000%. There were times when I thought Josh Smith was the second coming of Deke - with the ability to fill up the stat sheet in just a comically impossible way. Then, sometimes I just want to tape his eyelids open and make him watch a highlight reel of shot selection and GAWDAWFUL turnovers.
  • Like 1

I would say Josh if he were shooting 50% or better like he was early on, but he isn't, so I'll go with Joseph. They both are about neck and neck in efficiency, so I'll give the edge to who scores and plays more. I'd be lying if I said I weren't impressed with his improvement from last year with the three and free throw percentages.

Edited by benhillboy

Teague is our best defender at his position, although Joe aint no slouch.

I've always thought Joe should've made at least a few Defensive Teams. He was as deserving as a Raja Bell, Stephen Jackson, or Sefalosha, and way more qualified than Dwayne Wade. If there was a Third Team, and it should be, he would've been on it 3 or 4 years straight. I've seen him disrupt Kobe too many times in Atlanta in wins and also a good defensive track record against Ray Allen. These are two historic 2 guards who he routinely defends well, you would think that would be enough to get the honor at least once. Unfortunately, the people voting aren't knowledgable enough to look past steals, blocks, and the Western Conference teams who see Kobe and Durant a lot. Edited by benhillboy

I've always thought Joe should've made at least a few Defensive Teams. He was as deserving as a Raja Bell, Stephen Jackson, or Sefalosha, and way more qualified than Dwayne Wade. If there was a Third Team, and it should be, he would've been on it 3 or 4 years straight. I've seen him disrupt Kobe too many times in Atlanta in wins to not be on a least one Team.

Very true, defense is more than steals and blocked shots. I love to see Joe when he decides to deny a player the ball, he is the one of the best at doing that. Moves his feet so quickly I often wonder where is that speed on offense.Posted Image

• 3 months later...

End of the season rank:Josh Smith. Joe Johnson 2nd.Teague 3rd Zaza 4thNo others really rank for me.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Over the course of the whole season its JJ hands down. For that 6 week period between March and April is was Josh. Right now its Teague for the playoffs but if we stretch this series out it could be Horford.

For all of the people who voted for Joe Posted Image

Even though this topic is older, I bet the people who didn't vote for Josh are the same people who would vote for AL if the option was available. As in today, this topic wouldn't even be created. It's not even close lmao.

Edited by AHawks89