• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks have matched Teague offer sheet

yungsta

This roster doesn't justify us not going the rebuild route. That's the main reason why this off season is so laughable. We didn't get better so why keep competing?

This franchise is a joke. The Hawks are the only team in the league that would prefer being in the middle. Any other team with no bad contracts and great cap space would rebuild in a heartbeat after getting knocked out of the playoffs as many times as the Hawks have.

• Like 2

Thought we should of let Teague go, he doesn't even want to be here. Hopefully he's moved for some picks or something. I've come to want Dennis starting day 1, taking his licks and making his mistakes. That's the only way he'll improve and become what we want him to be. I think Teague gets moved at some point, if not this year then the next. Don't get me wrong, I like Teague, I just really think we have something special in Schröder, and holding him back is NOT the move.

• Like 3

With having the most cap space this summer, only thing that has changed was the coaching and Smith/Millsap swap pretty much. Contenders? We just paid Korver and Teague more and that has pretty much been our off-season.

Thats pretty damn sad when you think about it. On the bright side it could of been much worst. We are lucky jbrick turned down that 3 year 45 million extension and Mike Brown isnt our head coach.

• Like 2

I just really think we have something special in Schröder, and holding him back is NOT the move.

+1 It never has been. Teams that usually start the rookie PG goes on to become better than holding him back a year or 2 (see all of the rookie PGs that have become top 10 players at the position, then look at Jeff Teague or all of the other mid to bottom starters at PG).

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Thats pretty damn sad when you think about it. On the bright side it could of been much worst. We are lucky jbrick turned down that 3 year 45 million extension and Mike Brown isnt our head coach.

agreed, and I wasn't expecting us to spend on top free agents this summer (I actually thought we were going to do a full on rebuild at the end of this past season).

BUT, thinking about us having the most cap space in the league and to show for it was a PF swap (upgrade/downgrade TBD), and paid 2 players of our roster more money. That is it. Pretty funny really, as we are now looking at the "same ol' Hawks", middle of the pack with no advancing in the playoffs or a draft superstar.

Now we can't even have the excitement in seeing our rookie PG start the season like all the other franchises get to witness.

Edited by RWF

So far....

-We have replaced Josh with Millsap

-Lost the 3rd best rebounder on the team (ZaZa) for nothing

-Let Ivan Johnson walk away

-Let Devin Harris walk away

-Resign Kyle Korver to a 4 yr 6 million per year contract

-Resign Teague to a 4 year deal worth 8 million a year

-Drafted a PG in the first round

-Hired a new coach

-Signed Carroll

Not the off season people were hoping for. We have less depth and less rebounding and the same hole at starting SG.

And Horf is still the starting center.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

You are either trolling or you are Jeff Teague. No one that watches the NBA would take Teague over any of the people you listed.

Wait and see....... Woody and LD slowed down his development. Those other giys had coaches that believed in em. Not to mention Josh Smith was his Team Captain. Youll eat your words in a couple of years..... Edited by terrell

Looks like Horf is happy about this.Tweet from Al Horford (@Al_Horford)Al Horford (@Al_Horford) tweeted at 6:49 PM on Sat, Jul 13, 2013:Yes!!!!!!! @Teague0. time to work! RT @ajchawks: Hawks will match the offer sheet to Jeff Teague. Back in Atlanta. #ATLHawks

I wonder if hes excited knowing he will be playing center again this year.

• Like 1

And Horf is still the starting center.

The worst part.

Should have let everyone walk that wasn't under contract, paid some back ups to meet the salary demands, started Dennis, put Horford at PF, picked up a lottery pick in the next draft, received a franchise rookie like Wiggins/Parker/or Randle and then had a core of Dennis/Horford/Parker or something along those lines with the most cap space again for the summer of 2014.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Wait and see....... Woody and LD slowed down his development. Those other guys had coaches that believed in em. Not to mention Josh Smith was his Team Captain. smh Youll eat your words in soon enough.....

• Premium Member

Wait and see....... Woody and LD slowed down his development. Those other giys had coaches that believed in em. Not to mention Josh Smith was his Team Captain. Youll eat your words in a couple of years.....

Please remember this thread and bring it back up at any point over the next few years. Baring injury Teague will never be as good as the players you mentioned let alone BETTER than them. Teague is mediocre. Period.

Thought we should of let Teague go, he doesn't even want to be here. Hopefully he's moved for some picks or something. I've come to want Dennis starting day 1, taking his licks and making his mistakes. That's the only way he'll improve and become what we want him to be. I think Teague gets moved at some point, if not this year then the next. Don't get me wrong, I like Teague, I just really think we have something special in Schröder, and holding him back is NOT the move.

A bit off-topic, but am I the only one that reads Illest's post in Dave Chapelle's voice?

• Like 1

Please remember this thread and bring it back up at any point over the next few years. Baring injury Teague will never be as good as the players you mentioned let alone BETTER than them. Teague is mediocre. Period.

Hell, Conley was considered a BUST not long ago. PLEASE! Give Teague some time, just like you apparantely gave Conley. And I see nothing special in Holiday(didn't he just get shipped out of town). Rubio either. Fancy passes and a lot of bricks. And If Teague had players that could finish or hit their shots like Lawson has had he'd avg at least 10 assist a game. I can still see Zaza, Marvin, etc.. fumbling away an easy assist. smh Edited by terrell

LOL @ Teague. Funny guy.

Edited by GameTime

Josh Smith will either look like a fool or Millsap a superstar if this roster of the Hawks advances past the 2nd round. If it doesn't, we are the same middle of the pack team that we were last season. No lottery pick, no advancing in the playoffs. YEAH!

This roster has almost zero chance of advancing in the playoffs. We would need like 3 guys to get hurt to miss the playoffs. Think the NBA needs to do something about taking the tanking strategy away from teams to land the big star? I think it really hurts the integrity of the game. Reward the teams for stinking it up? There is going to be some serious stink this year.Hawk88

Teague is going to make you few "Teague haters" eat crow I swear! With Smith gone I swear Teague is going to drop 18 and 8 this season!Some of you guys are really doubting Teague. I get he may not be a natural pg with pg instincts but the dude is trying and improving every year. Personally I hope he becomes a more aggressive scorer this year and drop 6-8 assist.I have been saying this since Teague was a rookie. He has skills just need to be more aggressive. Ferry and Bud will give him the green light thus season and if he proves himself like he should you can forget about Dennis and that's a promise!Teague drops 18 and 7 or 8 assist on good fg% you can bet your ass he's going to be a hawk for a long time wheather you guys want that or not. Teague had earned his shot to show what he is really made of! Joe Johnson and josh smith held him from his potential. You will see what Teague can really do this season....mark my words.

Not only was Conley considered a bust at one point but many of the Memphis fans thought it was Conley who should have been traded and not Lowry..

Conley just had his best season which was 14.6 points 6.1 assist. 44% from the field 36% from behind the arc 2.2 steals and 2.8 rebounds. His numbers are very similar to Teague's..

I like Conley but I think he is a little overrated.