• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Blazemore said:

You got a point about this, and I agree but, I think when it comes to this game it's a normal occurrence and not  just an 'Atlanta' thing. Every game in the eastern conference (except maybe Lakers @ Celtics) will probably be a home game for the Lakers now. It'll be there last chance to see Kobe, and frankly...he has a ton of fans...still wish we had a stronger fanbase though.

Kobe does make it more obvious and I'm a little more understanding when it happens with him. Still, probably a handful of those people have been to LA. Maybe they had a connecting flight at the airport and felt a strong tie to the city...

Even when the Knicks and Celtics were pitiful the last couple of years, you'd see plenty of their fans in our arena.

You should lose a half game in the standings if your home game versus the Lakers is still in question around the 4:00 mark.  The Sixers are coached better.  Had anyone else besides those 2 teams shot 13-27 from three we would've lost.  These 4 days rest look like Bria Myles sauntering through a bedroom door wearing a white nightie (google her). 

11 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The Hawks tied the heat (101-88 win on Nov. 10) for the highest Margin of Victory so far (13 points) over the Lakers among Eastern Conference teams this season. The Lakers have played 10 Eastern teams so far, only 9 Western teams.

@ Brooklyn W +6

@ New York L -4

@ Miami L -13

@ Orlando L -2

vs. Detroit W +12

vs. Toronto L -11

vs. Indiana L -4

@ Philly L -12

@ Washington W +4

@ Atlanta L -13

(#excuses)

~lw3

The only problem is that last night was a just part of what has been a trend for quite some time.

It's been almost a month since they have won 2 games in a row, and blowing leads does not seem to be very uncommon this year.

This tweet should sum it up:

On a more positive note, the net rating for the starting lineup with Thabo is starting to approach +14 with a great defensive rating. There's some lineup combos that are starting to emerge that have great net ratings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

On a more positive note, the net rating for the starting lineup with Thabo is starting to approach +14 with a great defensive rating. There's some lineup combos that are starting to emerge that have great net ratings.

Patrick Laney is an illiterate trick... "But a also"..., what is he saying?...English please!!! I know what's up with the Hawks...I don't need some skeet skeet tweet tweet trickster tellin me.

• Premium Member
On 12/4/2015, 7:41:20, JayBirdHawk said:

Last seasons game against the Lakers I imposed a self ban from the Squawk for one week if the Hawks lost.

Mmmmmmm, should I do it again?

ybrws.gif

I lasted a day I think.

This thread  http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/400597-official-game-thread-hawks-lakers/?page=1   had some classic comments, Thabo was a bad signing @Sothron ate a lot of crow on that one :

I will gladly eat crow pie, crow stow, crow ice cream, crow spaghetti and hell even chew crow bubble gum.  

The comments are pretty much the same issues to start the year last year, Al, rebounding, slow starts, etc

To be fair, Thabo did play like hot garbage the first two to three months then he completely turned it around. I'll gladly eat crow when I'm wrong about a Hawk that plays great despite my misgivings.

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair, Thabo did play like hot garbage the first two to three months then he completely turned it around. I'll gladly eat crow when I'm wrong about a Hawk that plays great despite my misgivings.

But that's  why you with hold immediate judgements on transactions and wait for them to play out.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Bazemore remains a +- bust for us

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But that's  why you with hold immediate judgements on transactions and wait for them to play out.

Three months into a season is more than enough time. Thabo went from crap to beast mode. THJ, since this is who you are referring to, isn't even in the NBA anymore.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Sothron said:

Three months into a season is more than enough time. Thabo went from crap to beast mode. THJ, since this is who you are referring to, isn't even in the NBA anymore.

Well that's funny but a gross exaggeration.   We know all these guys are on strict development programs, especially the young ones.   That includes D-league for the guys they can send there.   Hardaway is back practicing with the Hawks now.   I'm pretty disappointed but just reminding myself of the skills he has I'm holding out hope.    He has offensive skills that no other wing on this team has.   Whether he can round out his game enough to stay on the floor is up in the air but if he can he's exactly the type of player we need.       Right now Baze, Holiday, and Patterson offer basically the same skill set but Hardaway has the potential to be better. ... in theory.    

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

THJ, since this is who you are referring to, isn't even in the NBA anymore.

Didn't know a D-League assignment was permanent :ermm:.  Look I'm as confused about the trade and him not playing as anyone (for the most Part), but I will reserve judgement until he plays meaningful minutes (good or bad), is traded, contract expires or he is released.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't know a D-League assignment was permanent :ermm:.  Look I'm as confused about the trade and him not playing as anyone (for the most Part), but I will reserve judgement until he plays meaningful minutes (good or bad), is traded, contract expires or he is released.

What if he doesn't earn any meaningful minutes?

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What if he doesn't earn any meaningful minutes?

Then I will make my determination at the end of the season. He's played 44 total minutes. 

Did I expect him to contribute more? Definitely, but just as Thabo improved and Baze and DMC did - I will wait to see what THJr  gives us.

On 12/6/2015, 6:09:50, Sothron said:

edit: nevermind, misunderstood what was being said.

Edited by High5

On 12/5/2015, 11:56:55, hawksfanatic said:

Maaaaaaaaaybe the problem is related to Minnesota not being affiliated with ticketmaster or stubhub like the Hawks are? Just maaaaaybe:

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/wolvestix then to: http://www10.ticketingcentral.com/V2/PickASection.aspx?t=9ECDD6078D2FD621B579E9C&og=-1

566316f3ad8a4_Screenshot2015-12-05at11.5

OH SNAP WOULD YA LOOK AT DAT?!?! Your boy Hawksfanatic just found you 8 tickets to the game at $31 a pop.

Also, please tell me where you found those section 300 tickets selling for $30 last night because I would have loved to get my hands on that ......... to then resell.

Wow.  A whole 8-20 tickets really disproves my point.  It's still a middling franchise who has no recent success versus a team that has the second longest playoff streak in the league.  I do wish I saw this before the game but we ended up having a great time at the Ohio State vs Univ. of Minnesota hockey game.  There are tickets on stubhub for other Timberwolves home games as well.  You don't have to be affiliated with the team to sell tickets on stubhub.