• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

Great game thread as always lw3!!! Sounds like a lot of injuries for the Lackers lol. I'm kind of getting tired of this Kobe farewell tour. Hoping to win this one tonight. I'm in the area and was thinking about gettin tix for tonight but I'm prolly gonna just watch it on BSPN and maybe try to hit up the Clippers game tomorrow. 

LETS GO HAWKS!!!

Hawks 114

Lakers 91

Just wondering.  Guess there's only one way to find out.  Watch and see.

Will Captain Kirk and Kris Humphries, either of both, get to see the floor tonight?

We can only hope, I suppose!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:happy:

Wow!  Tonight, at least in the first half, newcomer Kris Humphries has been exactly

what our Hawks needed.  I know.  It's just the Lakers. (Imagine saying that a few years ago)

Still, this is GREAT!!!

GO ATL HAWKS

• Like 3

Amazing...............Look what changes to a game that a REBOUNDER and shot blocker can make. Now, think back to all the games the Hawks couldve won if they already had Humphries.   Gotta give credit where credit is due, they signed him.  Thats a STEP in the right direction.  Now,  the decision will come down to keeping Splitter or Moose next season. Suddenly, im seeing depth up front. I like it.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

Wow, Humphries is into it. What a great debut. Offensive boards, hustle, everything. Awesome. 

As an aside, does Ron-Ron have it out for Humphries? He's been trying to knock his head off... It looks personal or something.

6 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Humphries is what I hoped Tiago would be for us when we traded for him. Glad we picked him up. 14 and 8 in his first game as a Hawk.

He's stronger than Al and Splitter combined.  No way either could push and arm bar Hibbert around as easily as he did.  His temperament is great too.  Gets under players' skin yet keeps his cool in front of the refs like Steven Adams.

Bud is so tight-lipped and cliched you have to always try to read into his comments.  When asked what Humphries brings he quickly and emphatically (for him) said "toughness."  Almost implying we didn't have it before.  Glad he noticed.

He looked great tonight but of course there's nuch more to be gleaned when we play versus Jordan and an actual collection of NBA talent.  We knew he could shoot a bit, but I was quite impressed by him putting it on the floor a couple times and filling the lane.

This past draft was poor, I haven't heard of any of those second rounders.  But when there are about 9 or 10 players already better than Russell it's not a good look for the Lakers.  How you gonna be a slow rookie PG with poor attitude?  

I've never heard of Huertas but he looked decent compared to Russell.  I know he's only 19 but he plays much smaller than 6'5" and shooting under .700 from the line just screams the makings of a bust.  Playing for that current Lakers regime will turbo accelerate his progress as such.  Dennis attacks everyone, but Russell is like a wounded calf to him.  

Let's Go.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He's stronger than Al and Splitter combined.  No way either could push and arm bar Hibbert around as easily as he did.  His temperament is great too.  Gets under players' skin yet keeps his cool in front of the refs like Steven Adams.

Bud is so tight-lipped and cliched you have to always try to read into his comments.  When asked what Humphries brings he quickly and emphatically (for him) said "toughness."  Almost implying we didn't have it before.  Glad he noticed.

Interesting quote from Al Horford:

"I felt like we really pushed the tempo and we were able to get some easy baskets in transition. Once Kris came in the game, it changed completely. We started to be more aggressive.” 

11 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Great stuff as usual lw3!

I've been "off my game" recently but I'm gonna try to hang in there for the stretch run and the drive to our Hawks first NBA Championship in Atlanta.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your f***ing head in the game, DJ.

Just finished watching the Laker replay. 

1. The Lakers are too young and terrible at pro Basketball

2. PG's dominated again but this was our best performance from our wings. 

3. Our bigs clearly outplayed their bigs. 

4. Bud didn't really have to do much coaching in this one except trust Hump which he didn't. Kris was excellent and got some really good hustle boards we haven't gotten since Carroll was here. Kris is giving us that toughness and drive we lost when Carroll left.