• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Tonight after taking my son to the game, we were in the car listening to the post-game broadcast. Bud (or somebody) during the post-game press conference said "it's so important that the bench gets into the paint" and my 9-yr old son, mimicking the voice from the radio says "It's so important that the b!tch gets into the taint." And I had that moment, as a parent, where I thought I had both succeeded and failed at the same time. WTF

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Tonight after taking my son to the game, we were in the car listening to the post-game broadcast. Bud (or somebody) during the post-game press conference said "it's so important that the bench gets into the paint" and my 9-yr old son, mimicking the voice from the radio says "It's so important that the b!tch gets into the taint." And I had that moment, as a parent, where I thought I had both succeeded and failed at the same time. WTF

Lolololol,  lololololol,  lolololol.  OMG.

Well done sir, well done.

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

They keep talking (Not-So) Great Scott up in the post game, but he SUUUUUUCKED tonight. In 13 mins, was 2 for 9 (1 for 5 from deep) with 5 points. Never seen such a schizo player. I like him, and when he's on he's on FIRE. Way too up and down from game-to-game. This is the type of player we need to replace next year.

I know exactly what you mean.  However, there was a time when if he wasn't hitting that outside shot he was the definition of useless. Now,  he's doing other things so he doesn't annoy me as much when he's not making shots.

Not a very pleasant game. The Bucks appear to be a matchup nightmare, but still a win.

John Henson gets on my nerves. This is the kind of game where Humphries should have played a lot more than Scott. Scott shouldn't get minutes in a grind it out game if his shot is really off.

Teague stepped up nicely in the 4th period though.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is the most dunks I've seen in a game in a looooooong time.

What got into Al?  4 or 5 dunks. I love the fake the shot and drive to the rim for the easy dunk. And when he runs the floor - easy lob by our PGs.

Teague gave props to Korver for his defense on Middleton.

Horford seems to be playing much better since the all star break.  The uncertainty of his future is probably gone and that might be the difference.

• Like 1

"Play D, Shoot 3's" is our motto for this season.

I love the fact that we play so great on D we can has absolutely awful shooting games and still pull out a win.

Humph and TH2 have been great rotation players for us. Glad we look like we found our lineups .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Father of the Year in dis b*tch!

Korver/ Defense.  I thought that everyone believed that those two things don't go together.

Yet, JT seemed to think differently, didn't he!

Going to Detroit and make sure the Pistons don't  p--- to much !!

GO HAWKS !!

• Like 3

@LamarHampton is on fire tonight!!!! Lol. I loved the Hawks D. One possession Dennis was hounding their pg I forgot who it was, but he gave up and gave the ball to Giannis, then Thabo hounded him. Lol. Awesome D. Great effort in an otherwise ugly game. Call me crazy but I love these helter skelter type games. So fun to watch them flying around. Kudos to Al on his mad dunks too...and Millsap is truly Do-it-all Paul.

3 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

I hate the Bucks a lot for some reason, almost as much as I hate the Knicks and about half as much as I hate the Celtics (which is actually saying A LOT). I even had my son during the game shouting ridiculous things about the horrible city of Milwaukee.

"Milwaukee exports inferior cheese!"

"Milwaukee doesn't support the troops!"

"Milwaukee has sub-par infrastructure!"

"Milwaukee suffers from abnormally high depression rates!"

"Milwaukee is very, very cold!"

"Milwaukee has worse pollution than China!"

"The last movie to ever be filmed in Milwaukee was What's Eating Gilbert Grape!"

(We just made this crap up as we went along. But it was fun.)

image.gif

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, FrankWhite said:

I was at this game. I don't know what Dennis did to this refereeing crew but those were some ridiculous calls he got hit with. And they missed everything from 3, like wtf? If they shoot 25% from deep it's a blowout. But... that defense, wow! Great win.

Nothing's more ridiculous than Millsap not going to the line tonight. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 3

Fell asleep on the second half but nothing makes me happier than seeing the team win with defense despite poor three point shooting.  

Everyone has been noticing Al step up after the break, Kamla mentioned it on Gametime.  Makes you a little more upset he was dogging  it earlier but whatever.  Finally he realizes he can Pump 'N Dunk like Bosh at least once a game. (Remember "Pumps and a Bump" from Hammer?)  When he's flying around he makes plays in areas of the floor most Cs won't even venture.  You'd be hard-pressed to find a better undersized shot-blocking duo than he and Sap.  Double-double in the first half for the latter?  His uptick in play deserves notice as well after a week or so of play undeserving of The Anchorman.

Jeff had a gang of TOs but a few highlights from the second half looked like Pissy Playoff Jeff.

Hardaway was quiet but he's still fun to watch.  He has sneaky athleticism and he doesn't seem to be thinking about anything, just reacting accurately.  Playing between Dennis and Thabo should be pretty natural though.  I can see Thabo's influence in his game.

On the other hand, Hump does think.  I just had no idea he was this smart.  That pulled chair on Monroe was choice.  You can't do that unless guys respect your strength.  Henson having a great night couldn't beat us, but the work Hump did specifically with our front on Monroe was key.  The coaching staff also had animated reactions to his made jump shots.  I think he's a sponge for their knowledge.

Kyle has been a solid team defender since he got here but has issues with the more athletic wings.  Not surprised he did well against Middleton.

Let's Godd@&m Go.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hazer said:

Kill me for it, but I still really like Kidd...

Same here.  When I think "pure PG," he's always the first that comes to mind.  But I gotta place the blame squarely on him that they've fallen off a cliff defensively when he's a defensive guy.  Zaza's departure and Monroe's entrance pales in comparison to the bad job he's done.  The team that gave Chicago problems in the First Round last year would destroy his current edition.

While Mike Scott has improved, he still doesn't really belong in a grind it out setting...which means he doesn't belong in most playoff games. I'm not sure that Kris Humphries as center is going to work either. Sefolosha, Schröder, and Hardaway Jr are the most important players on the bench for the playoffs and if Sefolosha goes down again (**knock on wood**) it's going to expose the bench once again.

vor 13 Stunden, Spud2Nique sagte:

@LamarHampton is on fire tonight!!!! Lol. I loved the Hawks D. One possession Dennis was hounding their pg I forgot who it was, but he gave up and gave the ball to Giannis, then Thabo hounded him. Lol. Awesome D. Great effort in an otherwise ugly game. Call me crazy but I love these helter skelter type games. So fun to watch them flying around. Kudos to Al on his mad dunks too...and Millsap is truly Do-it-all Paul.

In that situation it was Dennis, then Thabo and Dennis again challenging the Giannis desperation jumber.

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

In that situation it was Dennis, then Thabo and Dennis again challenging the Giannis desperation jumber.

Yup, but was the pg Ennis or Bayless? Cuz Dennis had an awesome steal on Bayless either before or after that and Bayless commited a frustration foul.