• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Celtics GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, mtnbayou said:

No more ball in Teague's hand at the last seconds of games.  2 strikes and your out.  Can't even get a shot off, AGAIN!?!?

I sure hope he leaves after this season, can't stand having him on a team that I root for. He's pathetic. Floor leader my azz, guy can't even talk.

Again, Bud called the play!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mtnbayou said:

No more ball in Teague's hand at the last seconds of games.  2 strikes and your out.  Can't even get a shot off, AGAIN!?!?

I sure hope he leaves after this season, can't stand having him on a team that I root for. He's pathetic. Floor leader my azz, guy can't even talk.

Serious question. Do you mention anyone other than Jeff?  All you do is wait until he has a bad game to comment. Where were you when he was balling  last two months or so? Where were you the first 3 games?  Where is your Criticism Of Al? Baze? Dennis? The bench?  

Some of you guys are Ridiculous

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Everyone wants to talk about the last offensive possession in regulation but what about our last defensive possession when Bud changed the line up?

THIS..

Look.  We can't blame the loss based on one play at the end of the game.  The Hawks should not have been in that position to begin with.

The real problem is that the Hawks couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  37% shooting and 28% from three?  Yea, that's just terrible.

Other than Milsap, the rest of the team was horrible last night.

• Like 1

According to Mike Conti, Teague and co. were expecting Boston to foul since they had one to give. When it became clear they weren't going to foul, it was far too late for anything to develop.  If that's true, Coach Bud should have called to and come up with an actual play.  I still can't fathom holding on to the ball for 15 seconds. 

• Like 1

And as Peoriabird already pointed out, the defensive Possession where Thomas tied the game is what should have all Hawks fans upset. Get a stop and the game is over. Thomas got to the rim with absolute ease. 

Edited by Sarcatic1
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sarcatic1 said:

And as Peoriabird already pointed out, the defensive Possession where Thomas tied the game is what should have all Hawks fans upset. Get a stop and the game is over. Thomas got to the rim with absolute ease. 

Why Korver was on the floor for that possession was puzzling.  Thomas, as expected, went right by him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Again, Bud called the play!

I've been repeatedly critical of Bud's set play design and play calling.  He deserves it there for basically having Teague run an iso.  That said, Teague's execution of that play was absolute crap.  You know that is not the way it was drawn up.  He held it too long and then was not in control when he tried to move with the ball.

• Like 3

• Moderators

My other big frustration was the overuse of Korver when he was ice cold.  I would be happier forcing the ball a bit to a red-hot Millsap rather than going to ice cold Korver over and over.  When I am calling for THJr to see the floor, you know it is a bad game for him.  There isn't a big enough gap between those two to not pull one when they are ice cold.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I've been repeatedly critical of Bud's set play design and play calling.  He deserves it there for basically having Teague run an iso.  That said, Teague's execution of that play was absolute crap.  You know that is not the way it was drawn up.  He held it too long and then was not in control when he tried to move with the ball.

I hear ya, but that's still a lot of Bud.   Teague isn't a hold it till 5 seconds and get his shot off kind of guy.   Put some pressure on.   They should have either tried to get Horf open for a mid range jumper or Teague should have driven to the hole.   Teague can take Thomas off the dribble 90% of the time.  I'd have rather have seen us go and run the offense.   The celtics were shooting and playing like crap on the offensive end.  

I trust our d to get a last second stop more than i trust anyone on our offense to generate a bucket in the final 4 seconds.

• Like 4

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I hear ya, but that's still a lot of Bud.   Teague isn't a hold it till 5 seconds and get his shot off kind of guy.   Put some pressure on.   They should have either tried to get Horf open for a mid range jumper or Teague should have driven to the hole.   Teague can take Thomas off the dribble 90% of the time.  I'd have rather have seen us go and run the offense.   The celtics were shooting and playing like crap on the offensive end.  

I trust our d to get a last second stop more than i trust anyone on our offense to generate a bucket in the final 4 seconds.

Both deserve blame.  We can do better on design and execution.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

When the coach forces a player to execute a bad plan then its on the coach sorry.  Y'all expect players to suddenly become superstars and over come incredible stupid coaching decisions.  A similar scenario happened in the Cleveland game and Bud still screwed it up again after having time to think about what to do.

• Like 1

Just now, mtnbayou said:

Bud called the no shot attempt?

This is on both of them equally. Once Teague sees Thomas is on him, FORGET the play and GO. It's amazing to see Teague being excused by those that have the Teague rose colored sun glasses on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Serious question. Do you mention anyone other than Jeff?  All you do is wait until he has a bad game to comment. Where were you when he was balling  last two months or so? Where were you the first 3 games?  Where is your Criticism Of Al? Baze? Dennis? The bench?  

Some of you guys are Ridiculous

Well, Teague deserves it more than most others because he has the talent but not the brains.