• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Cavaliers GAME 1

lethalweapon3

Prediction:

This series will go exactly the way the negas think it will! Jr Smith will hit 10 threes in this game, Kyrie Irving will score 38, and Kevin Love will score 25 on the way to a major blowout in tonight's game resembling Orlando game 1 of 2010. And yet the people that predict this will continue to whine about everything.

Kidding, my only real prediction for this series after I said what I said in the other thread is Schröder and Dellavedova fight at least once in this series and that there's a game where Dellavedova should have gotten a flagrant 2 or ejection, but gets nothing.

• Premium Member

REVENGE RAMPAGE!!!! Or at least I hope it will be. To be honest, my MINIMUM expectations are that they go out fighting and not with their tail tucked under like last season. If they can't steal this series, at least make them EARN their trip to the ECF. The Hawks have absolutely NOTHING to lose, so they may as well leave it ALL on the court this time.

• Like 3

1. Rebound

2.  Limit 'unforced' turnovers.

3. Rebound

4. Teague has to be offensive minded to put pressure on Kyrie - make him work defensively

5. Rebound

6. It's time for BOTH Millsap and Horford to both have good offensive games.

7. Rebound

8. Stop looking for calls from the refs - we aren't getting any

9. Rebound

10. Play with energy and space, go afte loose ball, out hustle them

11. Rebound

12. Pray

GOHAWKS!!!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JETSET said:

Checking in for the game 1 upset. 

If they're going to steal one on the Cav's court, this is the one to steal. The media would eat them alive and have them pointing fingers.

Honestly it's beating a dead horse, but I think it applies 100 percent tonight.  Get off to a good start.  If the Hawks find themselves down early it could be a disaster of a game.  I also will say the Cavaliers get 30 plus free throw attempts to the Hawks 14.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Awesome as always lw3!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

14 free throws for us and only 8 for the Cavs? We need those NBA 2K officials!

• Like 1

Game 1 and 3 are the most important games in this series and tonight is the biggest one of the season so far. Steal this one and there's a solid-ish chance the Hawks do about as well as Chicago did last year.

If not then...

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, hawkman said:

REVENGE RAMPAGE!!!! Or at least I hope it will be. To be honest, my MINIMUM expectations are that they go out fighting and not with their tail tucked under like last season. If they can't steal this series, at least make them EARN their trip to the ECF. The Hawks have absolutely NOTHING to lose, so they may as well leave it ALL on the court this time.

I'm on board with that.

01-8fa475943c9d863d6bdcc625840b1472.jpg

23 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

Always brick city as usual against the Cavs.  Horford playing like a rookie.

I'll say this in Horford's defense this offense has done a complete 180 on him. His shots  were all pick and roll and pick and pop  in the regular season. Now in the infinite wisdom of coach  Bud or the inability  of our PG's to to get him the same shots he got in the regular season. He's getting the majority of his shots from post ups which is not his strength. I would wager less than 20% of his shots were post up in the regular season, but in the playoffs it seems to be almost  60% of his shots. I can't figure why that is. Same thing is impacting Millsap  too.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I'll say this in Horford's defense this offense has done a complete 180 on him. His shots  were all pick and roll and pick and pop  in the regular season. Now in the infinite wisdom of coach  Bud or the inability  of our PG's to to get him the same shots he got in the regular season. He's getting the majority of his shots from post ups which is not his strength. I would wager less than 20% of his shots were post up in the regular season, but in the playoffs it seems to be almost  60% of his shots. I can't figure why that is. 

Is there some reason  a man 6' 10" can't post up.  He has decent looks he just can't make shots.

2 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

Is there some reason  a man 6' 10" can't post up.  He has decent looks he just can't make shots.

Lol  so your expecting him to turn into Kareem now. He wasn't Kareem when we were winning all year. Coach Bud needs to find away to play  to their strengths. If he and the PG's can't do that we lose. I guess Korver should start  taking people off the dribble since  he's 6'7. I promise you Horford would look a alot  better if he was getting the wide  open shots Lebrons creating for Kevin Love.