• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers GAME 2

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Flight said:

Man nobody was seeing superstar talent out of kawhi, Steph, Klay or draymond coming out of college lol. I agree on us needing better players though but jeez, we need an upgrade in heart in general. 

Klay not a superstar. He's a system star. The wrong team and he's just another good scorer who's has weaknesses. You need that #1 option. It opens up the floor for everyone else. 

Steph was great in college. We simply lack a #1 option.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It astounds me that Korver is still a featured rotation player at his age and coming off serious surgery.

The best alternative is now 1-9 vs Cleveland.  These two things are not unrelated.

The degree to which he is featured?  He should be the fourth option and primary bailout option when teams double our stars.  Only the Cavs don't need to double Sap, Horf and Teague

If there isn't starting lineup adjustments for the next game, I think we should all gather in chat and have an intelligent discussion on Friday night instead of watching the game.

Like maybe make chat about how to get that wing upgrade or (the rest is not basketball related)...

Discussing what Hots may be doing instead of watching the game.

Wondering where Dolfan23 is even at.

Cats.

College football even though that is way out of season.

Your favorite meal.

The Crying Jordan meme.

Someone else continue the ideas.

• Like 1

Glad I didn't see that one.  The Hawks don't belong on the same floor.  

For them to improve so much from three while we've regressed so much in one year is bad enough.  But even with two questionable coaches, they've out-maneuvered Bud.  How can Mozgov, a guy that helped change their season for the better last year, be exiled from their rotation for the better while the Hawks are running useless bodies out there.  It's the ultimate disrespect because we don't even have a True C.  

We got a Stretch 5 though!  And he's averaging a whopping 10 and 4.5 in the series.  I feel stupid for changing my mind on Al's Max in the middle of the season.  I don't want him here at any number.

Its deja vu, I was officially counting down to FA after Game 2 of the Con Finals last year.  Just a couple more weeks.  

Edited by benhillboy

Even after LeBron talks about playing Miami in the second round and not about playing us in the second game we still lay an egg. Our highly rated NBA defense looked like Doug Moe's Denver defenses from the seventies (grade school level) trying to stop anything from long range. Just a terrible game for the starters.   

10 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I want the players to feel even more shitty. These players don't deserve even if a slight bit of support and tonight was proof of it. 

They don't deserve to be cheered at all.

I hate every player on this roster because they're pieces of shit.

I didn't watch the first two games of this series and I will not watch the last two. To heck with them.

You're like that chick that's dating an a**hole.  As much as you complain, you'll come back here to post.....you always do.

The Hawks have your heart, you're just a gushy sentimental guy behind all of these complaints because you care so much about this team and you don't want to expose yourself because you've been hurt in the past.  Awww Hots, I see it now!  This has been an eye opening experience for me.

Alright now, come on over here!  It's your turn for....

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I want the players to feel even more shitty. These players don't deserve even if a slight bit of support and tonight was proof of it. 

They don't deserve to be cheered at all.

I hate every player on this roster because they're pieces of shit.

I didn't watch the first two games of this series and I will not watch the last two. To heck with them.

damn ur a bitch.  You single out the hawks, ALL OF YOU IN THIS THREAD doing that. PLease fking stop.  This is the state of basketball.  Teams cant get rid of shitty players or mediocre players and bring new talent in because its either just a few at the top of the draft or you have to have some other reason to bring in FA.  This bullshit product is controlled by the players - I had no idea it was this bad - WHY ARE U GUYS HERE watching this when you know damn well what is going on.  This isnt, hockey, baseball, or football not even close - there is no parity - its players little league of get rich and play games,  most of it is not thier fault basketball only uses 5 players at once, it is what it is,  I just cant believe the juggernaut of money and media it drags along with it when the same things happen every year why do you think nobody bets on basketball ?? because you cant make money doing it because they adjusted the odds because its much easier to predict.   

I dont really know how to get out of this, especially if your the hawks - we discuss every day KD, or wing players keep Al let AL go etc........... and the result always ends up being the same, a middle of the road team that we cant get out of.  

8 hours ago, Flight said:

Man nobody was seeing superstar talent out of kawhi, Steph, Klay or draymond coming out of college lol. I agree on us needing better players though but jeez, we need an upgrade in heart in general. 

that was pure luck man - how often do players like this come out and actually do anything, most never never ever get close.  its once every 5 years or so a player comes out like this,  GS got very lucky, yea they developed guys - but there not the only team that can do that, there are tons of great coaches in the NBA

If you make it to the second round you are one of eight teams. Eight out of thirty seems pretty good until you see the enormous difference between the Cavs at playoff time and us.

• Like 1

@Hawkmoor gets the Game2 passed out in chat award.  Congratulations, you get to clean up all the puke.  Pretty sure I wasn't the only one sick from watching that display.

On the bright side, my productivity is up about 85% since I don't have to listen to NBARadio today.  Sorry, I refuse to subject myself to the LeaBron suckfest.

Edited by kg01

10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

All other starter's +/- 's are being dragged down by Korver's inability to score and defend JR Smith

Baze and Al, 7 shot attempts, Millsap 8 shot attempts  - yep definitely Kyle's  fault.  

Our 'BEST' players are wetting the bed and playing waaaaay below  their averages but it's  Kyle's  fault.

How about they step up their collective  games since the Cavs are taking out Kyle (which we know it's  one of the easiest things to do)

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Baze and Al, 7 shot attempts, Millsap 8 shot attempts  - yep definitely Kyle's  fault.  

Our 'BEST' players are wetting the bed and playing waaaaay below  their averages but it's  Kyle's  fault.

How about they step up their collective  games since the Cavs are taking out Kyle (which we know it's  one of the easiest things to do)

JR Smith was second on the team in scoring in 28 minutes

• Moderators

This was a collective fail by a team that is extremely overmatched.  The only good part was Hump yanking Lebron by the jersey.   I don't like Reggie Miller but he told the truth.   You've got to hand it to the Pistons.  They played with heart and attitude against a superior team.     There is no toughness in this team and it gets exposed in the playoffs.

Here's my thing though.   Just recent Hawks history of the last 10 years, we are on 3 head coaches, different ownership, different gms, dozens of different players and we still have the same type of team that can get blown off the court in the playoffs.   We're cursed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree pretty much.  However, it hurts that Kent is listed among our "best" players (I figure you put it in quotes for a reason).  He should be (just the 1st comparison that comes to mind) like Terrence Ross is for TOR.  Come in off the bench, if you're hot you stay, if not sitcho a** down and it won't hurt us.

As it is, we're asking him to be a top-line starter.  That's just .... that just ain't right.

Oh and, back on point, Kyle's getting waay too much blame.  If he's that important, there are bigger problems afoot.  Sadly, we saw this last year too.  Budz ... w-what gives?  Wilcox?

This offseason should be turbulent or it'll be proof they're asleep at the wheel.  I need to see some personal pride from them because, as is, this could be seen as a successful season by ownership.  They got what 5 extra home game$$, team made a 2nd round playoff run.  They could throw out the ol', "Hey, we ran into a tough team.  LeighBron was this or that, blah, blah, blah ..."

Nah, F that.  This season wasn't good enough.  This team is not good enough.  Enough of all the cerebral, "Skill Factory" nonsense.  We lack toughness.  We lack grit.  We lack fight.  I like that we're professionals out there but at some point somebody's gotta get tired of getting whipped by not only this team but the other real contenders that don't just rest on, "oh well, we had a good record".

GS isn't worried about us.  SAS laughs at us, literally.  We've beaten OKC and LAC but they don't bat an eye at us.  Freaking TOR isn't scared of us and they're scared of everybody including their own shadows!

• Moderators

I think Barkley if full of crap most of the time but i agree with this.   Although really we should have been doing that much sooner than when we were down by 40.

"I've got to vent," Barkley said to host Ernie Johnson. "The Atlanta Hawks got to take somebody out, Ernie."

"Touch 'em up or take 'em out?" Johnson asked.

"Take 'em out," Barkley answered.

"Come on, man, you can't say that on national TV," Shaquille O'Neal added. "You can't hurt nobody, Chuck."

"Ernie, when a team is just embarrassing you, shooting 3s when the game is way over, just trying to set a record, you have to knock the hell out of them, Ernie," Barkley replied. "Not for this game, but to set the tone for the next game. [...] I'm just saying, if you keep shooting 3s, I've got to take you down one time really hard."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Barkley if full of crap most of the time but i agree with this.   Although really we should have been doing that much sooner than when we were down by 40.

Hate to agree with Charles but he's exactly spot-on.  The fact that we saw no reaction from the Hawks is more telling than them being down 40 in the first place.

Sorry, call it unsportsmanlike if you want but somebody should've been hurt last night.  Allowing them to embarrass you and obviously trying to set a record is shameful.  I'd say it's more unsportsmanlike for them to have their starters in late and shooting 3's up 30+.  Is there not an unwritten rule about stuff like that?

Karma, do your job.