• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks GAME 4

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Hawks need an upgrade at backup SF and backup PF.  Baze and Millsap played too many minutes.

backup? backup? backup at small forward? hawks dont have a STARTER at small forward and you talking backup? lmao

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Blow it up. I'm not even mad when I say that but blow it up.

Unless Durant comes here, this is the ONLY logical move.  This team isn't a retool away from a championship.  Anything else will bring the same results.

This team seems to be in one of the worst positions you can be in: not good enough to be a true title contender, but not bad enough to get a high enough draft pick for a chance to get a franchise player.  I expect  Teague will likely be traded on draft night or sometime this summer. I hope for the sake of this franchise they do not offer Alfred Horford a 5 year max deal, let Boston or someone overpay for him. Is he a good player? Yes, but playing him like a great player will set this franchise back from ever doing anything. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BasketballSavant said:

This team seems to be in one of the worst positions you can be in: not good enough to be a true title contender, but not bad enough to get a high enough draft pick for a chance to get a franchise player.  I expect  Teague will likely be traded on draft night or sometime this summer. I hope for the sake of this franchise they do not offer Alfred Horford a 5 year max deal, let Boston or someone overpay for him. Is he a good player? Yes, but playing him like a great player will set this franchise back from ever doing anything. 

You know they will offer him a max deal and no one else is going to pay him. 

Might be in a better situation especially cap wise going with Tiago, Humph and Edy in the middle even though it sounds kinda desperate. I think we can get 48 minutes from them and a lot of play in the paint. Upgrade as best we can at the swing positions. Also, Bud needs to improve a bunch. Jeez.  

• Like 1

I could Boston offering him a 4 year max deal, especially if they do not end up with a top 2 pick with that Nets pick.  There are quite a few teams with cap space this summer that might become desperate for an all star big. Maybe Houston thinks Horford would be the perfect compliment to Harden. 

Another year, another sweep to end  the season, smh.

I'll  remember  Mother's  Day 2016 for awhile  and not in a good way - Thanks Atlanta Hawks.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another year, another sweep to end  the season, smh.

I'll  remember  Mother's  Day 2016 for awhile  and not in a good way - Thanks Atlanta Hawks.

Hawks made it ever so close but LeBron finished it. Wish you could have had a Mother's Day Hawk win. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
  1. Paul Millsap: "We wanted to beat this team so bad. It left a bad taste in our mouth last year."

Wish I  could believe  you Paul. This team didn't  play  like they had a bad taste  all season.

They play game 1,3,4 extremely hard. This is on GM Bud. He gotta find that #1 option

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They play game 1,3,4 extremely hard. This is on GM Bud. He gotta find that #1 option

That's  not true- they played in spurts. Did Teague, Al and Paul ever have good games  at the same time?

Al with 1 rebound, Sap not defending in the 4th q of G3, Teague on bench in closeout game. Need I  go on.

If #1 options were easy to come by we would have one already.

That's  not true- they played in spurts. Did Teague, Al and Paul ever have good games  at the same time?

Al with 1 rebound, Sap not defending in the 4th q of G3, Teague in bench in closeout game. Need I  go on.

If #1 options were easy to come by we would have one already.

Cleveland had parts where you can say that with them too. Delly was killed by both PG's and a bunch of other things other than LeBron.

It's GM Bud to do a hell of job.

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cleveland had parts where you can say that with them too. Delly was killed by both PG's and a bunch of other things other than LeBron.

It's GM Bud to do a hell of job.

Cleveland  can afford  to do that, thry have something  we don't  LeBron.

Bud's not the GM. He's  not out scouting  college players and overseas players during the season, or managing the cap,  that's  Wilcox's job.

@NBASupes  what move did you want Bud to make last offseason besides the choice between DMC or Millsap that would have helped us today.

Cleveland  can afford  to do that, thry have something  we don't  LeBron.

Bud's not the GM. He's  not out scouting  college players and overseas players during the season, or managing the cap,  that's  Wilcox's job.

@NBASupes  what move did you want Bud to make last offseason besides the choice between DMC or Millsap that would have helped us today.

That's to compete. I knew Carroll isn't enough to win a series v. This team and I have stated that before.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

backup? backup? backup at small forward? hawks dont have a STARTER at small forward and you talking backup? lmao

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Baze comes back.