• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard signed with the Hawks for 3 years 70.5 million

NBASupes

Well, I was busy doing something else during the time of the evening in which this went down. So this actually happened?

Mixed feelings about this. This move will not work out well without shooters on the outside, and I mean more than just one above average shooter, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

DA: "From everything i've been told they want to re-sign Al Horford; 5th  year continues to be an issue; Boston is in town tonight to work out a deal with Al Horford."

They can't let this be the holdup. Can they do a declining scale contract so he gets more now, less later? Would be nice for @hawksfanatic to pop in right about now.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can't let this be the holdup. Can they do a declining scale contract so he gets more now, less later? Would be nice for @hawksfanatic to pop in right about now.

They need to do something! We need AL back....BADLY!!!

• Like 1

If Al dips now, right when we get him a true center, to go play with a team that doesnt have a star, good riddance to him....

Come on man. Dont be Stupid. Boston is just about the worst place he could go right now. GS, OKC,ATL? And you choose Boston? Nah....

With the Bazemore signing, and it appearing that Al might be on the outs, I think people are ignoring the fact that Al could have told the Hawks earlier today that he wasn't going to sign with us, which is what led us to sign Dwight in the first place.

I know everyone want's to blame the Hawks for signing Howard OVER Horford, but it might not be like that at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

With the Bazemore signing, and it appearing that Al might be on the outs, I think people are ignoring the fact that Al could have told the Hawks earlier today that he wasn't going to sign with us, which is what led us to sign Dwight in the first place.

I know everyone want's to blame the Hawks for signing Howard OVER Horford, but it might not be like that at all.

This is a good point, especially when you consider the Hawks offered Howard 64M first and later upped it to $70.5M.  Maybe they got a call from Al inbetween offers?  Who knows really.  But that is certainly plausible.   

• Premium Member

This is beautiful. We can actually play like the old Orlando team. Millsap and Horford can hit 3's at a high clip..... spread them out, let D12 do work. We can go small or big.  

This is going to be so cool...at center for the Atlanta hawks...Dwight Howard...at forward...AL Horford...and at the other forward...Paul Millsap.  That front line will scare some teams.

...granted Bud will move the lineup around a bit but - I am HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (dancing)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

The Atlanta Hawks have finally fixed their C/PG situation...ECFs here we come again baby.

No team....and I mean NO TEAM can go inside against us if D12, AL, Paul stay healthy....(crossing fingers and throwing salt over my shoulder)

We still don't have Al?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChipShot said:

We still don't have Al?

We will have AL - we will negotiate and give him a tad less than full 5- year max - but that will be better than the 4 year maxes and we will give him an opt-out clause after???  It's just simple math.  AL has wanted to play (some) PF and now he can.  D12 is a CENTER...simple as that.