• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard signed with the Hawks for 3 years 70.5 million

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

This is a great 1st step in eventually attracting that STAR 2 or 3 the Hawks badly need.

Horford and Millsap are already those STAR 2 or 3. It should be obvious how highly regarded Horford is around the NBA, with every team that has the cap space lining up to throw the max at him. And Sap is just as good of a player for us.

12 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

Just cause the Hawks can give Al 150+ million doesn't mean they will or even close that figure or years. They have holes at both guard positions. 

I realize that.  Which is why I said they can do it. Some think the Hawks can only sign Howard and that's it.  The Hawks have tons of options.   Most likely they will bring Al back at around 23 - 24 million over 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This gives Atlanta legit power. Having Al-Sap-D12 is really a game changer in the East. 

Of course. But I'm already looking beyond that, a year or 2 from now, D12 came here then we start contending then we get sit-downs with the STAR free agents.

17 minutes ago, HorfordFTW said:

When I first heard about this contract I was mad as hell. But the more I think about the more I get the feeling Dwight really going to go into next year with something to prove and ball out and potentially attract another star next year. I'm being optimistic for once :) 

He's been talking a good game and needs to execute on it.  But yea, I'm optimistic he can be very good for the Hawks.

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Horford and Millsap are already those STAR 2 or 3. It should be obvious how highly regarded Horford is around the NBA, with every team that has the cap space lining up to throw the max at him. And Sap is just as good of a player for us.

I think you confused my "2 and 3" with "2nd and 3rd." I was speaking of SG and SF :blink:

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Now Can we bring Jamal Crawford back to close out games for us, and give us that punch off the bench?? Baze can go for all I care. We need a closer..

He's a liability defensively, which means he won't be on the court late. With the Dwight signing cemented the needs are as follows:

starting SF (score, defend, close?)

wing scorer off the bench

backup PF (Humphries mold)

backup PG

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Now Can we bring Jamal Crawford back to close out games for us, and give us that punch off the bench?? Baze can go for all I care. We need a closer..

Good post.  Please let another team take Baze off the Hawks hands.

14 minutes ago, romebee said:

He's a liability defensively, which means he won't be on the court late. With the Dwight signing cemented the needs are as follows:

starting SF (score, defend, close?)

wing scorer off the bench

backup PF (Humphries mold)

backup PG

"wing scorer off the bench"  Thats exactly what Jamal is..And his TEAM defense can improve in a good system Im sure...See JR Smith

I'm really hoping Bud and staff can get a good FT% out of Dwight.  He's not the worst in the league but I don't want to play victim of hack-a-Dwight because it still is a liability.  Time to try underhand?

That above all is a major reason I think we need Al back.  If we have to pull Dwight at the end of a close game, having a big body (Horford) in there is huge!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm really hoping Bud and staff can get a good FT% out of Dwight.  He's not the worst in the league but I don't want to play victim of hack-a-Dwight because it still is a liability.  Time to try underhand?

That above all is a major reason I think we need Al back.  If we have to pull Dwight at the end of a close game, having a big body (Horford) in there is huge!

Silver said changes are coming this season

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/02/04/hack-a-shaq-adam-silver-deandre-jordan-andre-drummond-dwight-howard/79838018/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Anyone ready to see this on a nightly basis?

More like this:

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Seems like D12 and Drummond have been in a one on one battle for that low percentage from the line a good while. D12 shot less than 50 % this year.