• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard signed with the Hawks for 3 years 70.5 million

NBASupes

Just now, IheartFerry said:

They would have to wait till later this year to do this right? Cviv dumb?

They can actually do a sign and trade now, but it's pretty silly to give up assets for a player you have enough cap space  to sign. Unless Al is pressuring  then to do it so he doesn't  leave Atlanta  high and dry. That would be really  unusual  though. 

Just now, GameTime said:

We are talking about epic Eastern Conference Finals series' the next 3 years.

This makes us relevant in the East. Dwight will be on a offense that is better than the one he played on in Orlando. He is going to have a chance to flourish once again!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

CViv on 92.9 says he doesn't think Horford likes Dwight Howard and he thinks we will sign and trade him to the Celtics.

I'm told?...

I'm told CViv is a turd in a punch bowl. How in the heck can he suggest with a straight face that Bud just signed someone that would HURT our chances of resigned our top priority? Sigh...

Also, this seems relevant today.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

Sometimes it's not who is better.  Ask Manu and Iggy.  When  Pop and then Steve Kerr approached Manu and Iggy about coming  off the bench it was about balancing the roster and having a better bench.

turnermx, PSSSHHHRRR87 and Thomas like this  Like this

Except, Those guys weren't the best players on their team at the time.
Sap was an all-star and all defensive team player, and is a pending free agent. You really think he is interested in coming off the bench in a contract year.
After he left the Jazz to get off the bench?  I don't see that happening.

11 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

CViv on 98.9 says he doesn't think Horford likes Dwight Howard and he thinks we will sign and trade him to the Celtics.

CViv also thinks he is a legitimate sports journalist. What happens with Al won't have much to do with what Cviv thinks. 

Once again, I shall remain ya'll

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16584686/atlanta-hawks-want-get-involved-kevin-durant-sweepstakes

Sources say that one countermove Atlanta is weighing strongly is the free-agent pursuit of Atlanta native Dwight Howardto play alongside Horford in the frontcourt. Howard will become a free agent Friday after declining his $23 million player option next season with theHouston Rockets.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This makes us relevant in the East. Dwight will be on a offense that is better than the one he played on in Orlando. He is going to have a chance to flourish once again!

Bingo! Korver benefits the most from this  signing because we actually  have a player that has to be doubled now. Horford will get open looks too.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Nope but C-viv has been wrong before and I think he will be wrong again.

Get it right.... C-Viv is never right.

While everyone was tweeting FAcy this morning C-Viv was  tweeting summer league.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

C. Viv was on the radio yesterday saying Atlanta isn't serious with Dwight Howard.  Like I said in the past, the most useless beat writer I've seen. 

That one story that C.viv actually broke got the team fined for tampering .. i think lol

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

While everyone was tweeting FAcy this morning C-Viv was  tweeting summer league.

LOL I saw that! Like Dude don't nobody care....right now anyways

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes ma'am

C-Viv is always wrong, never right.  Maybe he should go back covering hockey games.

Just now, ATLien_ said:

Bingo! Korver benefits the most from this  signing because sr actually  have a player that has to be doubled now. Horford will get open looks too.

This will not change Bud's philosophy one bit. He knows how to use bigs in the post and in pick and rolls from his Spurs days. What this does is give us a option down low every play that teams will have to account for. And on defense and the boards, Horford, Sap, and Howard will be a brutal rotation to deal with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He has a consistent track record for being a whiny baby everywhere he's gone.  He isn't all of a sudden going to change.  Ask LA and Houston if a change of scenery was what he needed.  He wore out his welcome on three different teams and to boot he can't even stay on the court.  

Like I said, I dont care what happened in LA or Houston..Look at JR Smith for example. He was the perfect team player in Cleveland. And he had a "track record" of being a "cancer" or whatnot.. Whos to say Howard cant do the same thing "all of a sudden"? We shall see. I still say it was a good move regardless..Its about time we took some chances around here...If it doesnt work out(winning a title), its not like we arent used to it...

• Like 2