• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard signed with the Hawks for 3 years 70.5 million

NBASupes

29 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Yes, but you don't put the best player on the team on the bench.  That is what we would be do by moving Millsap to the bench.

I'n not about to debate who  is 'best' player but he is not 'Lebron' better that anyone on this  team.  I've said previously we don't have a cornerstone player, all we have are pieces to a puzzle...Millsap is part of that puzzle.

Horf is up next! Better start that Paleo diet, Sap! 10lbs to drop for those 12mins/nt at SF :Millsap:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

Firstly, welcome home Dwight. A few years too late but it's lit now.

I don't see how the Hawks will meet Al's salary demands. Al should do us a solid and help with a sign and trade if at all possible.

Dennis

???

Kyle

Sap

Dwight

We need that swingman and I'm not talking Baze.

I realize none of you are salary cap experts.  The Hawks can give AL a five year max AND sign a SG (Baze / Eric Gordon?) or trade for Jimmy Butler (the salary works). By trading Splitter and not reupping Mike Scott. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Just the fact that Hawkmoor and Diesel love this signing scares the shit outta me and has me worried. @kg01 what about you? 

Hope im wrong lol

You will love this signing. It is a great signing.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SF -Millsap ( 8 ) - KorverThabo/Prince/Scott ( 40 )

PF - Millsap ( 24 ) - Horford ( 16 ) - Scott/Prince /Moose ( 8 )

C - Howard ( 32 ) - Horford ( 16 )

Let Millsap close out the end of halves at SF

Easy

Sap putting in 8-12 mins/nt at SF will keep 3zus where he belongs at SG.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I realize none of you are salary cap experts.  The Hawks can give AL a five year max AND sign a SG (Baze / Eric Gordon?) or trade for Jimmy Butler (the salary works). By trading Splitter and not reupping Mike Scott. 

Just cause the Hawks can give Al 150+ million doesn't mean they will or even close that figure or years. They have holes at both guard positions. 

When I first heard about this contract I was mad as hell. But the more I think about the more I get the feeling Dwight really going to go into next year with something to prove and ball out and potentially attract another star next year. I'm being optimistic for once :) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SF -Millsap ( 8 ) - Korver/Prince/Scott ( 40 )

PF - Millsap ( 24 ) - Horford ( 16 ) - Scott/Prince /Moose ( 8 )

C - Horford ( 16 ) - Howard ( 32 )

Let Millsap close out the end of halves at SF

Easy

Fixed. 

3 minutes ago, HorfordFTW said:

When I first heard about this contract I was mad as hell. But the more I think about the more I get the feeling Dwight really going to go into next year with something to prove and ball out and potentially attract another star next year. I'm being optimistic for once :) 

This is a great 1st step in eventually attracting that STAR 2 or 3 the Hawks badly need.

1 minute ago, hazer said:

This is a great 1st step in eventually attracting that STAR 2 or 3 the Hawks badly need.

This gives Atlanta legit power. Having Al-Sap-D12 is really a game changer in the East. 

• Like 2

One thing not considered. It might be possible to do a sign and trade with Houston. It's a longshot, but it's something to consider.

If Bazemore does sign with Houston, we could do a double sign and trade, while throwing in Splitter. I'm not certain of all the cap ramifacations, and why it might be a good idea for us to do that, but I'm guessing there would be reasons. :biggrin: